MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Programming Preferences (Diverted from Research Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    "data models" : do you mean the code on how I make my picks? Or are you talking about data normalization and/or transforms?

I basically use csv "flat files" as my data sets for entry into my models. Nothing really exciting here.

On the other hand, I'm really only interested in sharing data and much less interested in sharing formulas, for obvious reasons.
    He's asking about database table design (i.e. SQL, Access, etc.) so that wouldn't really apply to you since you use CSV's. Essentially, he's asking a novice question that couldn't be resolved without him either simply reading on the subject or someone doing all of the work for him as the tables need to be tailored to your dataset.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

How the tables in the databases are set up. I want to see how off/on the mark I am.

I am running a star schema with 5 tables {F_AtBats, D_Batters, D_Pitchers,D_Teams,D_Game)

Maybe i should make a new thread for this however.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Monkey, You shouldnt speak on things you know nothing about. I do data warehousing for a living...

I was under the impression this is a collaboration forum...

If you dont have anything positive to add, maybe you should sit quietly in the wings.

I simply want to compare what i've done, to what others have...

ljump12
    ljump12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Not exactly what you asked for, but you may be interested in looking at how someone set up the retrosheet database: http://blog.submute.net/wp-content/u...retrosheet.sql this is the database I'm using in my simulator, with some modifications.
    Points Awarded:

Maverick22 gave ljump12 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.