MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Programming Preferences (Diverted from Research Thread)

I would guess that 90% of the people here wouldn't know what to do with a database if it was handed to them anyway...

runnershane14
    runnershane14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    I would guess that 90% of the people here wouldn't know what to do with a database if it was handed to them anyway...
    i would agree..ive got databases out the wazoo and have successfully modeled jack nothing..but im learning

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

I would be interested if poeple shared their database data models. I want to see how different mine is than others?

Anyone interested in sharing? I dont care about the data. Just how the tables are set up.. If anyone cares that is.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
    I would be interested if poeple shared their database data models. I want to see how different mine is than others?

Anyone interested in sharing? I dont care about the data. Just how the tables are set up.. If anyone cares that is.
    "data models" : do you mean the code on how I make my picks? Or are you talking about data normalization and/or transforms?

I basically use csv "flat files" as my data sets for entry into my models. Nothing really exciting here.

On the other hand, I'm really only interested in sharing data and much less interested in sharing formulas, for obvious reasons.