Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Sports db group

I guess I'll post this again this year.

Is anyone one interested in grouping up to share game-by-game boxscore dbs?

I have pieces and parts of many sports and frankly it is a pain to keep up with all of the sports I track. A big problem is building a verified db as you would be surprised how many errors show up.

Megaman
    Megaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

I'm definitely interested in this. I'm currently working on a detailed NHL db. That is all I will be able to offer at the moment though.

As you say, the errors are a real pain in the ***. What is your method of dealing with them? Do you try to get correct info from some other source or remove it? What if you don't have any other source?

Spektre
    Spektre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

I would be interested, but mostly as a user.

I HATE coding screen scrapers, almost as much as enterring a bunch of data by hand.

SBR has much of this data already, I am suprised they do not offer it in a db friendly format as an inducement, or at a minimum as an income stream.

Spektre

SpiderMonkey
    Monkeys throw poop.
    SpiderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wreck - I'd like to hook back up with you now that I'll be back around for an extended period of time ... cleaning up my DBs now.

ljump12
    ljump12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

I have a baseball one I can share... but then again -- I think everyone already has that... if you need, let me know

Wrecktangle

The way to make this work is: bring something to the table, and you can get something else off the table. That gets the freeloaders getting much less freeloading and the guys doing the work getting something back for the work. Many's the time I got nothing but a promise for a decent set of data sent out.

The best way to get out errors is to cross-compare two dbs from differing sources and then track down each difference and try to identify the best data item. Naturally you'll find tons of diffs in lines and I have found up to 3 point difference from differing sources that were "not in error." Not really sure how to sort this.

I can be a central point of contact if folks like. If you PM me with your e-mail addy and needs / what you have to offer I can start things rolling. If you know your source, that would be good.

Spektre
    Spektre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

Needed:

NFL scores and money lines
    NBA scores and money lines
    NCAA men's basketball money lines

Have NCAA men's basketball scores.

Wrecktangle

Spektre, when you say scores do you also mean boxscores? and how far back are you talking?