d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    Another example of all the value out today. These are long term expected ROI not get rich quick(some of these are below 10% roi with I personally dont like but, all are over 5% Roi
    mlb
    phi/21%
    clv/19%
    pitt/7%
    oak/10%
    wsh/8%
    laa/8%
    det/7%
    MLS 3 way lines
    ne rev/+130
    la fc/+180
    hou/+220
    Columbus/+220
    You're not even saying the odds here. What odds?

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You're not even saying the odds here. What odds?
    Use whatever your model says team has of winning add the payout line your book offers
    Cleveland models showing 48.6% @+150 then just add the line in % form. you get 121.5 so the expected ROI is 21.5%(like stated b4 110 is as low as i suggest)

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Use whatever your model says team has of winning add the payout line your book offers
    Cleveland models showing 48.6% @+150 then just add the line in % form. you get 121.5 so the expected ROI is 21.5%(like stated b4 110 is as low as i suggest)
    I can use whatever "model" I please, doesn't make it correct.

veriableodds
    validation not required

I can use whatever "model" I please, doesn't make it correct.
    If your model isn't trustable, Then you really should not be wagering. Learn the basics. Start with teamrankings.com for how modeling works(tons of the for free out there). The question you're asking really does not make sense. How can it be success? you need to put effort, time, dedication in

veriableodds
    validation not required

Originally Posted by veriableodds
    Another example of all the value out today. These are long term expected ROI not get rich quick(some of these are below 10% roi with I personally dont like but, all are over 5% Roi
    mlb
    phi/21%
    clv/19%
    pitt/7%
    oak/10%
    wsh/8%
    laa/8%
    det/7%
    MLS 3 way lines
    ne rev/+130
    la fc/+180
    hou/+220
    Columbus/+220

11 wagers if one was to wager 1u each already w/the/2wins you would be close to 5u...lol lol this stuff

PunterLog
    PunterLog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

So you can make $5,000 each day every day with $100k funded? Congrats on winning $1.825 million in the last year.
    I can't do it on a daily basis as I have to spend 10-12 hours per day to achieve it.

So, I generally do it only 2-3 days a week on average.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PunterLog View Post
    I can't do it on a daily basis as I have to spend 10-12 hours per day to achieve it.

So, I generally do it only 2-3 days a week on average.
    So if you spent 10-12 hours a day every day you would make $1.825 million a year?

Are you making $520k to $780k per year doing it 2-3 days a week?

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1312

So if you spent 10-12 hours a day every day you would make $1.825 million a year?

Your a pretty smart guy.... sometimes just cant figure out why you entertain the nonsense LOL

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24956

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Your a pretty smart guy.... sometimes just cant figure out why you entertain the nonsense LOL
    It's just math. If someone is claiming 5% of a 100K bankroll is an easy daily acquisition, it's fair to question their annual totals to see if they're consistent.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

If your model isn't trustable, Then you really should not be wagering. Learn the basics. Start with teamrankings.com for how modeling works(tons of the for free out there). The question you're asking really does not make sense. How can it be success? you need to put effort, time, dedication in
    I meant to say *you* can use whatever model you please, sorry for the confusion.
    I do quite well wagering and have never tried to make a model and I never will.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave d2bets 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    It's just math. If someone is claiming 5% of a 100K bankroll is an easy daily acquisition, it's fair to question their annual totals to see if they're consistent.
    no shit. and he is not expecting an answer he already knows the answer.

Eddy Munny

no shit. and he is not expecting an answer he already knows the answer.
    Well Punter answered the first time so calm down, there tough guy. If you don't care then stop caring so much.

PunterLog
    PunterLog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

Yes
    Just checked my numbers. Made a bit more than €900k in the last 12 months.

That being said, I'd also say that 99%+ punters won't be able to achieve those results. Not boasting but speaking plain reality.

veriableodds
    validation not required

I meant to say *you* can use whatever model you please, sorry for the confusion.
    Are you saying you do not use a model? EX sports players turned analysts, that have way more than general public knowledge of what makes a team. 99.5% of them are just plain awful. Are you saying your better than that without a model?

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Well Punter answered the first time so calm down, there tough guy. If you don't care then stop caring so much.
    Eddy have you gone insane

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Thanks.

I was discussing this with other posters offsite. I'm not a guy who ever made a model or will and I do reasonably well at this. Not critical of those who do but I see no need.

There are so many ways to attack.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Are you saying you do not use a model? EX sports players turned analysts, that have way more than general public knowledge of what makes a team. 99.5% of them are just plain awful. Are you saying your better than that without a model?
    Imagine just going against what they say? That's a model for success.

Eddy Munny

Eddy have you gone insane
    You're the one being petty. Punter already replied anyways, contrary to your call.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

I will make one point in this thread:

*Veri has a nice verified baseball record on this site.

Veri made me some $$, thank you. And he certainly didn't have to share that info.
    Points Awarded:

veriableodds gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

veriableodds
    validation not required

Thanks CHUCK kind words brother. I have no problem with someone asking question(s), or methodology, or maybe a heated discussion. Technically there to share and get my brain picked. I like sharing 30 years of experience, it's interesting in my picks thread no one asks anything, but you have a couple times. but I can read the writing on the wall also.

ChuckyTheGoat

Thanks CHUCK kind words brother. I have no problem with someone asking question(s), or methodology, or maybe a heated discussion. Technically there to share and get my brain picked. I like sharing 30 years of experience, it's interesting in my picks thread no one asks anything, but you have a couple times. but I can read the writing on the wall also.
    Salud, Veri. There are two basic concepts about betting:

1) It's a PROSPECTIVE venture. You're projecting TOMORROW'S result based on historical info.
    2) The RESULT is yesterday's news. Anyone spouting off about having a good read on yesterday's news is a "Morning Morning QB".

Ergo, it's easy to make sense of the games after they've gone final. Try making an accurate estimate b4 the games are played. Very challenging.

Effective handicapping is much harder than people realize. Anybody POSTING picks deserves credit. And if they're clearing Profit, they go to the Head of the Class.

veriableodds
    validation not required

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Salud, Veri. There are two basic concepts about betting:

1) It's a PROSPECTIVE venture. You're projecting TOMORROW'S result based on historical info.
    2) The RESULT is yesterday's news. Anyone spouting off about having a good read on yesterday's news is a "Morning Morning QB".

Ergo, it's easy to make sense of the games after they've gone final. Try making an accurate estimate b4 the games are played. Very challenging.

Effective handicapping is much harder than people realize. Anybody POSTING picks deserves credit. And if they're clearing Profit, they go to the Head of the Class.

I think scalping/scraping profit is a great way to go, live wagering. Team is up huge with very little chance of losing is left. Problem is the books that offer this venue have destroyed it. Constant locked lines this, locked lines that, taken off the board this, oh we going to triple juice you on that it's a monopoly. If you as a book are going to offer such a venue put your money where your mouth is and leave the line open. They pick and choose, and trap the victim. Screw the books

veriableodds
    validation not required

I will continue doing this to the books. Every chance time spared for handicapping.

ChuckyTheGoat

I will continue doing this to the books. Every chance time spared for handicapping.
    Veri, that's one of my favorite clips. First off, the way he shoots the multiple perspectives is perfect.

Second, I find the Dominic reaction to be hilarious. "You rat Mo****-******."
    ...Note to self: When two goons are holding you and a third is swinging a bat at your head, maybe not the best time to go into Tough Guy mode.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Off recent memory -

3 weeks ago I made $2000, 2 weeks ago I won $200, this last week I made $600 on all my books. Grinding. Always be winning.

Not getting rich off this but I do create spending cash on the side for daily living and maybe paying for my groceries. I'll take it. I bet $100 a game on all books and I just try to win week to week. That's the goal for this grinder!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Off recent memory -

3 weeks ago I made $2000, 2 weeks ago I won $200, this last week I made $600 on all my books. Grinding. Always be winning.

Not getting rich off this but I do create spending cash on the side for daily living and maybe paying for my groceries. I'll take it. I bet $100 a game on all books and I just try to win week to week. That's the goal for this grinder!
    You've been doing this a long time, I believe. What's your lifetime? Or last few years?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

You've been doing this a long time, I believe. What's your lifetime? Or last few years?
    7-15 years ago I was killing it with betting MMA and with the props. I raped 5dimes. Made many thousands of dollars every month. Harder to lock into MMA and I struggle at times now because all the fighters are all so well rounded compared to a decade ago. Hard to cap now but I still manage to win more then lose barely.

I've been sports gambling for 30 years. Very early years I probably lost money until I got serious about it and starting capping my ass off. I just grind now. I don't win a ton of money but just try to be up and win week after week.

I ride streaks in sports and it's just that simple for me. Still winning in MMA prop betting but not always, I'm always winning in MLB, Hockey hit and miss from year to year, college sports more miss then hit, NBA I do well in and NFL Football I've had a really good run the last few years.

That sums up my gambling game in recent years. I don't kill it and just grind out small profits consistently most of the time.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    7-15 years ago I was killing it with betting MMA and with the props. I raped 5dimes. Made many thousands of dollars every month. Harder to lock into MMA and I struggle at times now because all the fighters are all so well rounded compared to a decade ago. Hard to cap now but I still manage to win more then lose barely.

I've been sports gambling for 30 years. Very early years I probably lost money until I got serious about it and starting capping my ass off. I just grind now. I don't win a ton of money but just try to be up and win week after week.

I ride streaks in sports and it's just that simple for me. Still winning in MMA prop betting but not always, I'm always winning in MLB, Hockey hit and miss from year to year, college sports more miss then hit, NBA I do well in and NFL Football I've had a really good run the last few years.

That sums up my gambling game in recent years. I don't kill it and just grind out small profits consistently most of the time.
    Didn't really answer, but if you truly do grind out consistent and predictable profits, then it sounds like you aren't betting nearly enough. Bet more, win more. Not an issue until you are bumping into limits or limiting, which is not going to be the case betting 100 a game or whatever.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I am toying with the temptation to post plays here and take up the challenge to make 5% a day for months,
    track it all here. Anyone else? Skipping days is ok. Just have to keep up the cumulative gains, even if 180 days
    takes 220 days, or whatever.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I am toying with the temptation to post plays here and take up the challenge to make 5% a day for months,
    track it all here. Anyone else? Skipping days is ok. Just have to keep up the cumulative gains, even if 180 days
    'ball, you think you could Double your bank in 180 days?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Be careful taking the bait, Snowball... Chucky will offer you a similar deal he did Laker and then renege without notice.

I watched it happen with my own eyes.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

The doubling would occur around the 14th day in this strategy. Sure, I've done it.
    Very few posters here have never doubled their rolls.

I'm just thinking about it. I see the biggest problem in posting live odds. And I'll probably have to take days off here and there. I'll decide in a couple weeks. Too much other stuff going on right now.

First 123