StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Max number of teams for Round Robins?

Should I focus on multiple 3 team RRs as opposed to 4s? Just curious, as you can sweep the board but it seems like 4s and 5s are very, very tough ... anyone have thoughts on this?

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

I wouldn't go higher than 4. It all depends on what the board presents you though and the odds of the games. Some days you have more projected winners than others. If you can put together a 5 teamer you feel confident in backed by your projections, go for it. it's really a day by day case by case judgement call

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by oilcountry99 View Post
    I wouldn't go higher than 4. It all depends on what the board presents you though and the odds of the games. Some days you have more projected winners than others. If you can put together a 5 teamer you feel confident in backed by your projections, go for it. it's really a day by day case by case judgement call
    Yes, I agree with this. Thanks.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

I just checked one of my accounts and could only go as high as 8s. So I guess that would be the limit. As far as what is best, depends why you are doing parlays. Here are the reasons I do parlays:

-Trying to get more action because of low limits, 3s at +600 are best (only laying around -109 instead of -110). But feel free to do 2s, 4s, 5s, 6s, etc (assuming it is mathematic odds and not that 11-to-1 bullshit. If that's the case, stick to 3s.) The value is the same, only the variance increases, so it is a great way to get around low limits.

-Correlation. Don't bother much with them, only focus on parlaying whatever is correlated.

-Hiding bets so the book won't move the number on something. This is what I mainly use them for. I generally do 2s and 3s with a few games as many times as I can until the number finally moves

-Lots of great numbers. This used to happen quite often during football seasons. When I was working for other guys, it was a lot of 8 and 10 team parlays, trying to round robin all the games. Not as good any more and I'm on my own. Depends which book I am at, but usually 3s and 4s for as much as I can until they tell me to move on.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Yes 3s and 4s.