Bwolf2216
    Bwolf2216's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting all unders

New here. Been a loyal follower though.

Any thoughts on this new strategy since literally all the ones I’ve had have failed haha. I’m trying to bet every under until I’m in the positive for the week. NBA , NCAAF, and NFL. So once you’re up for that sport you stop. Ass kicked so far on nba this week, mostly overs. Any thoughts?

Trying to keep a simple system, and win a little bit of cash each week

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

Not a good idea at all. You will get the exact same result as just betting random games.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Bwolf2216 View Post

Any thoughts on this new strategy since literally all the ones I’ve had have failed haha. I’m trying to bet every under until I’m in the positive for the week. NBA , NCAAF, and NFL. So once you’re up for that sport you stop. Ass kicked so far on nba this week, mostly overs. Any thoughts?

gotta tell you something my friend and you probably won't believe it. no system that I know works. and believe me I have tried them all and for long periods of time. the best you can hope for in the long run of wagering is not getting completely killed. the math is simply against you, the math and just about every other variable. believe me I have watched hundreds of players lose and lose and lose.

having said that find a system that you like that doesn't completely destroy your bankroll. something that will keep you in the game at least and allow you some enjoyment. if you are flinging the remote at the TV every weekend you are wagering too much. I found that I can hang around a little longer if I give more weight to the dogs in the NCAA and NFL. That works a little for me but you must find your own "system."

probably a good idea to refrain from gimmick wagers also. Years back I had a little success watching line movements, just a little and that eventually failed too.

good luck

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Here's a thought. Just paper bet, not real bets, every Under in whatever league or all the leagues. Track the results. Pay attention to the lines and teams, etc, and watch what happens. Over time, you may notice factors or results that will lead you into potential plays. Just one example is the market getting over sold or over bought when recent performance emboldens or lines up with season to date performance for certain teams.

Anyway, track and pay attention, it just might lead you into what some bettors call "spot" plays. This starts your journey into taking more likely or more confident plays and not bet every game. You may have good streaks every game, but in the end the vigorish will eat you up. Eventually you'll learn how to compare your own work to the market and hopefully how to only seek those better plays.

Simple systems to win a little cash each week come and go. They enter and exit through streaks. Even if you have the ability to jump from one hot "system" to the next, it's value is still limited.

Simple systems to win cash each week are also dangerous because of the pitfalls of money management; especially in the face of some success. For some bettors, winning some bets become the worst things that ever happened to them.

That said, simple systems to win cash each week don't exist. They become less simple and the win rate is not realistic. Even one bet a week will have it's streaks, and we've seen some pretty good ones.

Good Luck.

Points Awarded:

dante1 gave KVB 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Here's a thought. Just paper bet, not real bets, every Under in whatever league or all the leagues. Track the results. Pay attention to the lines and teams, etc, and watch what happens. Over time, you may notice factors or results that will lead you into potential plays. Just one example is the market getting over sold or over bought when recent performance emboldens or lines up with season to date performance for certain teams.

Anyway, track and pay attention, it just might lead you into what some bettors call "spot" plays. This starts your journey into taking more likely or more confident plays and not bet every game. You may have good streaks every game, but in the end the vigorish will eat you up. Eventually you'll learn how to compare your own work to the market and hopefully how to only seek those better plays.

Simple systems to win a little cash each week come and go. They enter and exit through streaks. Even if you have the ability to jump from one hot "system" to the next, it's value is still limited.

Simple systems to win cash each week are also dangerous because of the pitfalls of money management; especially in the face of some success. For some bettors, winning some bets become the worst things that ever happened to them.

That said, simple systems to win cash each week don't exist. They become less simple and the win rate is not realistic. Even one bet a week will have it's streaks, and we've seen some pretty good ones.

Good Luck.

this, I will make a wager. you are a seasoned player my friend.

Bwolf2216
    Bwolf2216's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of good opinions, thank you very much. My thinking was eventually totals would be close to 50/50. Stopping when it’s ahead made sense and research showed it was right. That is of course until I put real money on it

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Lots of good opinions, thank you very much. My thinking was eventually totals would be close to 50/50. Stopping when it’s ahead made sense and research showed it was right. That is of course until I put real money on it

the higher the number of plays in a two possibility outcome the closer the final total will be to 50/50, you are correct. Toss a coin enough times and the final outcome will be incredibly close to 50/50. Like a poster mentioned streaks will occur, when tossing that coin you may see heads come up 10 times in a row. But, after 100,000 flips it will not matter at all.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

not completely sure but i think you may end up with lots of small winning weeks and a few very large losing weeks... so to say "i win 85% of weeks" doesn't mean that much.

i was thinking you chose UNDER because it's seems like it's a 51.5% to 52% winner in many leagues, not 50/50.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    having said that find a system that you like that doesn't completely destroy your bankroll. something that will keep you in the game at least and allow you some enjoyment.
    good luck
    Except its an under... who tf wants to legit watch a Hockey under, or a basketball under? If you hate watching sports - bet under.

MangasColoradas
    MangasColoradas's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6317

I bet under alot. Mostly in nba and mlb

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Betting "all" of anything is always a bad idea, because the lines adjust,
    they catch up to the action.

After many years of sports wagering, and being an Under Leaner myself,
    I can tell you that the Under lean is less solid than it used to be.
    The reason for this is the leagues themselves. There are more rules,
    more activist officiating, and more emphasis on scoring.

You have to pick your spots and work live.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

All UNDER strategy was gold a few years ago however most leagues have tried to increase scoring over the years

Look at NBA and NHL total all have increased over the past few years

NHL - a few years ago every total was 5 or 5.5 some even 4.5. Now every total is 5.5 or 6, some 6.5. Rarely will you see 5 totals anymore

NBA - a few years ago most totals were high 190s and some 180s, now almost every total is 200+ some even 220+

MLB - runs and HRs per game way up this year compared to years past due to all the HRs

NFL - totals mostly the same but some elevated

Scoring increases ratings and thats what the fans want, UNDERs are not a gold mine like they used to be

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

stay away from unders for nhl

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

if i were to choose from under and overs - i d probably go for overs - as Overtime would be a plesant surprise.

And yeah, as everyone said this is a bit stupid idea as you gonna pay the vig and lose in a long run

arwar
    arwar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1544

unders and parlays don't mix in football, as you can box yourself out of possibly winning.