CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Who has the answer ?

I have been part of forums for about 6 weeks,and been cappin for a long time. What I dont / cannot figure out is this; everybody talks about sides , totals , parlays and teasers but no one,except my self ever mentions the use of REVERSES.! And I cannot figure out why. Anyone please.

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why would you use a reverse bet?
    If the second bet that is part of a reverse has a positive expectation, does it suddenly have a negative expectation if the first part loses?

CappinTerp

The 1st and 2nd part both have positive expectation,or else I would not bet them.

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Then why would you want the 2nd part canceled if the first part loses?

CappinTerp

Maybe I am not clear, when I say a reverse bet it is actually a If and reverse. ex.team A if team B AND team B if team A.

kchien
    kchien's Avatar Become A Pro!

why not just parlay then?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's plenty of that going around. If it isn't mentioned here it's for good reason. This is the worst place to discuss angles that work, because the whole offshore betting industry is reading along. So it is better to stick to generalities.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    There's plenty of that going around. If it isn't mentioned here it's for good reason. This is the worst place to discuss angles that work, because the whole offshore betting industry is reading along. So it is better to stick to generalities.
    I don't think there is.

A parlay works better if there is a corelation, and they will get just as pissed at you for an IF bet as they will for a corelated one.

CappinTerp

Thanks guys, Dark horse are you saying the books dont like to see reverses.? My book will not let me do a 3 team reverse,IAMlooking for another book any thuoghts.?

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never bet reverses

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I never bet props, parlays etc...Although I went against my capping 101 and played one yesterday and got stung...Im sticking to spreads and M.L only..

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Why don't you like props or parlays?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Reverse wagers are just another sucker play. The odds are rediculous. you are giving away money if you split. If you wager $100.00 and split,you lose $110.00, instand of the $10.00 you would have lost on two straight wagers. Unlike a parlay wager or teaser,if you lose BOTH games, you lose $220.00, not just your original play. While the 4/1 odds for hitting both games are better than the legitimate 3/1 odds, reverse wagers give the book an additional 6.8% edge over straight wagers. Once again, the books have devised a system to sucker players with a nice payoff IF you win, but huge losses IF you lose so much as one game.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Thank you Big for explaining...Never done one and though your post is trying to persuade me not to do it I actually want to now lol

dkp
    dkp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

I agree with BigDaddy. Drop the reverses idea....