Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Stuck in a rut with college BB

Okay so for some reason I can't seem to get College Basketball right. In NFL this year and last I am around 60 percent ATS. However in college basketball last year I was only 45% ATS and 50% this year so far. I guess I can't seem to wrap my head around the game in a gambling sense because I find myself constantly getting shot in the foot by last second covers when a guy hits a random 3 pointer at the end to destroy my cover.

Does anyone have any tips in terms of what to look for in NCAA BB? Are the O/Us generally safer than the spreads? Are ML parlays more of a reasonable substitute for spread betting? I know the each game is situational but I feel like I am missing some overarching trends which would make me more successful with college BB.

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks for your time guys.

(Also, for anyone who does post, I will not be reading the posts until I wake up in the morning.)

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

You stick to the NFL and I'll stick to NCAAB b/c I'm 60% in that around 45% in the NFL. Sound good?

In low spread games, look at rebounding and FT shooting % and especially now that so many fouls are called. Never bet against mediocre teams at home.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

If you couldn't win during the early season tournaments then you should probably just quit now.

Phatman36

Haha alright ksnooksk I will keep that in mind, thanks

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Phatman36 View Post
    Haha alright ksnooksk I will keep that in mind, thanks
    Points Awarded:

Phatman36 gave ksnooksk 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

For one college basketball, is a bunch of players no one has seen play, Stick to teams you know, and watch more college basketball. Or bet against yourself, pick your team and put your money the other way. I like the team 3 point percentage stat. Why did Louisville win the championship last year. They were the highest intensity defensive team. Syracuse was the second best defensive team. Maybe look at the defense more. The best teams this year by points allowed this year. 1 Clemson 2 Ohio st 3 Virginia 4 Utah 5 San Diego St 8 Pitt
    Pitt has a strong team.
    Points Awarded:

Phatman36 gave xdodger19 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Phatman - Capping a NCAA college football game is totally different than a NCAA basketball game. With this being said... if you hit more wagering football... you should stay away from college basketball. But here is some advice I can give you from studying the last 5 years of college basketball.

1. Underdog (1-10 ranked) away teams against unranked home favorites... always take the ranked underdog with points.

2. Martingale system on Tuesday night hoops on ESPN works. I always take the favorite at 7PM and if it loses take the favorite at 9PM. Look at a ESPN Monday-Tuesday night chart. Hardly any underdog ever covers back to back on ESPN. Regardless if you get smoked one day out of 5 months. You'd still be up for the season.

3. I've noticed more favorites cover in college hoops than college football. Don't get me wrong... underdogs do get hot from time to time... but if you do that ESPN system I told you about... you should be able to get on the plus side.

4. Now, once CBS starts broadcasting games on Saturday... the favorite system doesn't work. Underdogs tend to cover on CBS no matter who's playing... I tend to believe the refs keep the games close for network ratings.
    Points Awarded:

Phatman36 gave TheMoneyShot 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Phatman36

Thank you guys, I appreciate the information and will keep it in mind. I think I am going to try to do a dry run for a while with NCAA BB. Write down spreads but not bet them until I get a better gambling sense of the game.

AngeryOrchard
    AngeryOrchard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

good idea phat im coming over from the football world and trying to fill the rest of my year. il be keeping a couple weeks on paper to just gauge my level of feel for it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Phatman36