ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

How would you predict this?

I'm trying to find out which team will score the most points in the NFL this weekend. Do i just take average pts a team has scored in the last 10 games. Or the avg of the last 5 games or 3 games or a combination of all three? Or would you break it up in levels. For example find out how many times a team has scored between 20-29, 30-39 & ovr 40 pts in the last x games?

Bourn
    Bourn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Denver is 10-2 O/U last 12

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

TY Bourn i guess i need to look at how close they get to going ovr or und a certain number like maybe 35 pts.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog View Post
    I'm trying to find out which team will score the most points in the NFL this weekend. Do i just take average pts a team has scored in the last 10 games. Or the avg of the last 5 games or 3 games or a combination of all three? Or would you break it up in levels. For example find out how many times a team has scored between 20-29, 30-39 & ovr 40 pts in the last x games?
    The market has already told you the answer.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

You can use my method but it will take a long time to do it for every team.

Take the total number of TD's a team has scored this season and divide it by the number of games played. Round the answer up or down and multiply by 7.

Do the same for FG's but multiply by 3.

It's not a bad idea to exclude the first 6 or 7 games of the season. Also, if a team has suffered a significant injury (Like Green Bay or Indianapolis) you might want to do the calculation starting with the games following those injuries.

Then take the team with the highest average playing the weakest defense.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    The market has already told you the answer.
    the market is only telling him what they thought of the anchor hung by the books

aka the opener.

Pats got my highest grades this week. you want to check those Eastern games' weather though

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

I would check the weather reports, My best guess for the team that will score the most points is the eagles, or the pats. Its more likely to snow in Boston. Philadelphia plays fast and sometimes runs the score up. Detroit turns the ball over too frequently.