pipita17
    Update your status
    pipita17's Avatar Become A Pro!

question regarding Yield and ROI

Hi guys i dont know do you have same problem like i but i would like to ask for your opinion, any feedback or advice would be really great. i have two buddies and we have like monthly contest who is better tipster. we can pick games as much as we want and unit stakes are from 1-10, only rule is you cant put maximum stakes on odds higher than 3. thing is that i am the player who really likes to play with confidence, i can study one game and analyze it for hours. i am searching every single detail and angle and if i am 100 percent confident i give it a go. so far for this month i have score 15-4 at average odds 1.7-2.15. thing is i dont play every day and i really hate to pick random plays based only by my gut-feeling, sometimes i miss some opportunities but i really have solid picks. this two are playing every single day. funny thing is we have almost same profit , they lead by 20-30 profit, but thing is that i picked nearly so far 20 games and they picked 150 each. and they always beat me because at the end of the month they have much more plays what indicated much more units it doesnt matter that they have miserable yield because only units are counting and thats what is most important at the end of the month. i really dont want to change my strategy because it is the way i bet but i really like to turn things around. cheers!

Bettingbrothers
    Bettingbrothers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1070

What's the question?

pipita17
    Update your status
    pipita17's Avatar Become A Pro!

point of my post is that I finally understand difference between units and yield. units are what is most important at the end of the month and units are what defines us as tipsters. surely if i want more units i have to pick more games to analyze but i dont want to gamble. any info and suggestion how to change my strategy will be most welcome. bol

shovde
    shovde's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

If your yeild is higher than your mates, your unit should be higher in terms of % of your bankroll.

BroncosBettor
    BroncosBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I believe wholeheartedly in your strategy. I am very selective myself and only bet the absolute strongest games on the board. I wouldn't change your approach to sports betting at all. You shouldn't be considered with units, just how much profit is in your pocket is all that matters. If you want to play more games for a contest like that without a love money involved, that's a different story. But I would stick to what has worked for you in the past when it comes to making your real bets.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

RIP Think Tank