micase
    micase's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

College Basketball Half Time Statistics

During the last month or two of the NCAAB season I took a brief look into betting 2nd half markets. The one that particularly interested me the most was 2nd half Totals betting. This took my interest in part due to the fact that the book I was using at that point would copy lines directly from an overseas bookmaker (which I believe could be exploited due to the moving of lines being quite slow) and also the fact that they only had a short period of time to frame these markets which could lead to more off lines.

The reason why I come to the handicapper think tank is that I have all these wonderful ideas swirling around in my head with regards to coming up with a working totals model (using possessions/tempo, shooting accuracy, half time margin) but I lack the data to conduct any statistical analysis of my own.

Is there anyone out there that knows of any websites/services free or paid that would be able to supply half time and full time statistics for all individual college basketball games for at least the past few years that would allow me to carry out this research. I have a basic understanding and ability to do webscraping, I have scraped basic boxscores from espn.com. I now have a need for more data than just points scored per half but rather shooting/rebound/turnover/all other statistics.

My programming skills are quite limited and not having found any sources of data the only other option seemed to be to do scraping of all play by play data and using that to find stats at half time, but that looks like an extremely time consuming task and I thought I would ask here first.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

I have 1h/2h stats with spreads/totals for corresponding full game/1h/2h's.

If anyone is interesting, i'm willing to sell the data or the code for future use.