EasyTiger
    EasyTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2990

Get In and Win Run Conversion to Win % Chart MLB Baseball

I'm currently reading the book, "Changing the Game" and visited the website for the book. On the website is a baseball run conversion chart though I'm not quite certain how to use it?

http://www.bookwormsports.com/wp-con...Conversion.pdf

Does anybody have any experience with this chart? Do you average the two opposing teams together to determine runs allowed and runs scored? Or do I just select each team individually to determine their odds of winning a game? Once the Run Scored/Runs Allowed are determined, I assume I then compare the projected Win% against the money line probability chart to determine if there is any value in a potential play? I understand the basic concept of this chart, but still uncertain as to how to fully apply it.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

You have to calculate the runs that Team A will score and will allow against Team B. Then the chart will tell you the win expectancy of Team A.

EasyTiger
    EasyTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2990

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    You have to calculate the runs that Team A will score and will allow against Team B. Then the chart will tell you the win expectancy of Team A.
    So with that in mind would the calculation look like this:

(Team A Run Avg + Team B Runs Allowed Avg)/2 = Team A Projected Runs
    (Team B Run Avg + Team A Runs Allowed Avg)/2 = Team B Projected Runs

Struggling with the correct way to calculate this.
    Last edited by EasyTiger; 07-17-13 at 05:27 PM.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

I would do it like this:

Team A Run Avg * (Team B Runs Allowed Avg / League runs allowed avg) = Team A Projected Runs
    Team B Run Avg * (Team A Runs Allowed Avg / League runs allowed avg) = Team B Projected Runs