339955's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does pinnacle model Basketball totals

Could someone give me a rough idea please of how pinnacle models and opens up with an NBA or NCAAB total? Does pinnacle do it based on maybe average points per game for the players on each rooster? Make they take the average total for the previous five games for each team?

Any thoughts on this appreciated thanks!

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Here is their model

Go to cris

look at lines and copy

adjust number when money comes in

Oh I thought pinnacle set lines... So how does cris set the line more or less?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by 339955 View Post
    Oh I thought pinnacle set lines... So how does cris set the line more or less?
    They open WNBA and that's about it

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

Average points is how I believe they do it. Most average points calculations i have done (adjusted for SOS) line up with the opening lines. Cris likely just does this simple approach and keeps the limits pretty low and they find out quickly and relatively cheaply when they are wrong. Pinny starts after Cris in most sports from what I've seen. For sure in CBB. Oddly, betonline seems to open first for sides CBB. Sort of a surprise but it's true

Thanks miz, you don't happen to have a sample calculation you did saved to share?

My very first thought on how to model these was this... say you have Bulls. vs. Celtics you would take the previous 20 games the bulls played and get the average points scored for those games, then you would take the previous 20 games the celtics played and get the average points scored for those games, then you would average those two numbers. Is this what you are saying Miz?

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

http://www.bettorsworld.com/pinnacle-pulse/39.htm

Pretty old, but food for thought perhaps.