allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Closing Line

In his book, Justin7 wrote that his preferred closing line was an average of pinnacle, Bookmaker, Greek and Matchbook weighting each source equally.

Is this approach still considered to be the best? I am asking because I was wondering if The Greek's close is still relevant. I didn't want to bother him directly with another PM, that's why I decided to post here.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

The market is a little chaotic right now. I think Bookmaker and Hilton are very relevant. Pinnacle might be, but I have to see how things shake out in the next couple weeks. If enough US players move to Canada/Europe and the limits for US sports go up again, they will be also.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you for answering.

It would to be very interesting if Pinnacle lines would not be relevant anymore.

339955's Avatar Become A Pro!

justin, what do you mean if the lines for us sports go up again? on NBA, NFL, NCAAF you can put down many thousands per bet, and can do many rebets also when they reset the lines. i am not familiar with the history it used to be more or something? seems like pinnacle is biggest book to me.

CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

One would be very naive to think that substantial US bettors just simply give up because of a law.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Agree, but it gets so.....soooo tedious.