Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Camouflaging my plays

Ok so I've been betting for like 6 years and lost my ass off for the first 3, the last 3 years I've figured out (thanks to a lot of input from some of you guys and specially Justin and his book, thanks bro) ways to win betting sports.

I'm not that good at beating major books (except for props), but locals are a different story. I have exploited the ones with favorable rules when it comes to CP's, point l-buying, teasers, etc. So my problem the last few years hasn't been having to pay the guy, it has been finding a guy and not getting stiffed.

I'm on my third bookie in the last 3 years, first 2 guys were bubblegum operations and they paid for a while but then stopped. This last guy I've had since July. He owns a local business and has been very dependable, hasn't missed a day and always has the complete amount. I dumped about 2k in the months leading to NFL because I only had $100 limit and 1k credit to begin with so I wanted to show him I could pay on time. So after about a month of paying about $400 a week to him I asked to be bumped on my limits/credit. He moved me to $200/2k. I lost a little more and finally right before NFL started I asked him to bump me again with the pretext of wanting to play some futures.

So I'm working with $300/3k right now which is not by any means pro level but I've collected for 6 weeks in a row for about 9k. So I'm getting the feeling he might be running out of patience.

Should I lose a few weeks just to break the cycle? Should I start winning less? Should I just go apeshit on him and take him for the most I can until he stiffs/cuts me off? All I play with him are teasers and props, should I play some stupid parlays or straight bets to camouflage a little? Play some soccer or some shot like that?

It's extremely hard to pass on the money making opportunities but it's not only NFL that I can beat him in, NBA props will be money for about 6 more months so I don't want to fuk that up.

I know there are a bunch of sharps here so I want to see what you guys think of my position and what you would do if you were me.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Cheme82; 11-19-12 at 12:02 PM.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

My suggestion (and what I'm doing) right now is, use multiple locals/books. Spread your action. For example, X bookie used to limit me in 3 weeks but when I have 3 accounts with them, I spread my action and while some accounts win, some accounts lose. One of my new accounts got limited in a week while one account is a super-loser now with very high limits.

Try to find other locals or make your friends place your bets.

Cheme82

Thanks bro, I appreciate the help.

Sawyer

You can always signup for your friends or make them open an account/place your bets.

Seriously, you can find much better lines then Pinnacle in these books. Not always but it happens.
    Last edited by Sawyer; 11-20-12 at 07:12 AM.

Cheme82

I have thought about that but with locals you can't do that. I guess that's where you need to get beards to make plays for you. But the kind of plays I make would be very easy to spot unless I start throwing some variety. Don't the books know which IP you are using though? I've also thought about buying a different laptop for each account but if I use the same internet connection wouldn't they be able to see that?

Funny how even after just figuring out a few things to win, the game starts all over again just to circumvent the books lmao!

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Sawyer,

There's one problem with your approach. It's fraud.

Cheme82

Yeah, and I've heard of books keeping your cash for bs reasons, imagine if you did that they would have all the right to keep the $. I've never been stiffed by an online book, but most of my stuff has always been done through locals.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Sawyer,

using a beard is completely legitimate provided the beard actually controls the account and places the bet. there is absolutely no legal, ethical, or moral difference between subscribing to ras and betting an ras total, compared to giving betting advice to a friend who places the bet for you. i am shocked that a lawyer would really think having a friend places bets for you is fraudulent.

then again i am current sitting on an "sbr infraction" for mentioning your specious legal threats of slander even though the person who you threatened has confirmed that's exactly what happened. i guess i need to go more public with this.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're only playing teasers and props with him, as you say you are, you're probably lucky to be up 30 units. Teasers are doing well this season. I wouldn't give that back. But if he's good for CP's and you can't find another local for that, I would feel him out and possibly make some concessions to keep that out for the long run.

As to using beards to hit a local, not the smartest idea. The guy, after all, is local. So if he finds out and knows some other local guys that could get uncomfortable at your place of residence.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 11-20-12 at 06:32 PM.

Cheme82

I can't play CP's with him, the one I had before allowed them, but not this guy. As you said, teasers are doing good this year. But why do you say I'm lucky to be up 30 units? And yes, all I have done is teasers and NBA props, I have a thread where I post them.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I was looking at it from his perspective. If he knows teasers are doing well this year, he will want to keep you, because he will think you will give it back.

Cheme82

If you were me would you give a little back every few weeks or so?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

No. He's not offering anything special. If you could play CP's there I would.

jrose2106
    jrose2106's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I don't have an answer or opinion to your problems but I am very interested in how you know to win for sure with such certainty that can purposely lose just to come back and beat it up at will like it's nothing, what are CP's? a kind of prop? and how are you so good that your only problem is making sure you get paid.. I would say that's a good problem to have either way bro, lol

Cheme82

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    No. He's not offering anything special. If you could play CP's there I would.
    I agree that it's nothing special (unless you count his consistency in payment as special, and nowadays it seems to be just that). Althought the teasers I play with him are not allowed online (or at least at the prices he has). It's just that I really have no other locals to play with if he dumps me. I guess I'm gonna have to go loooking for some just in case.

Cheme82

Quote Originally Posted by jrose2106 View Post
    I don't have an answer or opinion to your problems but I am very interested in how you know to win for sure with such certainty that can purposely lose just to come back and beat it up at will like it's nothing, what are CP's? a kind of prop? and how are you so good that your only problem is making sure you get paid.. I would say that's a good problem to have either way bro, lol
    CP's are short for correlated parlays, they are not props. And his prices on props tend to be way off, that's how I know in the long run I will win.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Sawyer,

Huh?
    Arhimed, I have a confession to make. I used to be a dirty player. I've used every trick in the book - I've bonus whored, had multiple accounts, double-popped books, and circumvented limits. I've done it, and I can tell when others are doing it. The circumstantial evidence Tony offered is very persuasive to me. Go back and read what he offered. This doesn't mean they are in the right, but it *does* mean I agree with Tony's conclusion that alias accounts were used to help circumvent limits.

I've used quite a few disguises in Vegas. I have a hell of a story about Caesar's that will be in my book
    I have never multi-accounted. Nor will I. I use camouflage occasionally (make weird bets that look like crap, but are 0 or small +EV to throw off player profiling), but I have never defrauded a book.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-16-15 at 02:31 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Sawyer

Well, I think Justin says it's fraud by the perspective of the book I guess? Correct me please if I'm wrong Justin.

If you're opening new accounts for your friends/other people and placing your bets there/or make them place your bets or using beards to spread your action, it's okay for us, the players. But a book won't tolerate it. It's a fraud action according to bookie. Many books may suspend/close your accounts if they find your betting patterns suspicious. (Using same IP&computer or a dramatical similiarity in bets placed)

If a bookie has right to limit a player, then I believe we have a right to use beards..
    Last edited by Sawyer; 11-21-12 at 02:58 PM.

Cheme82

The thing is the book puts in the rules that you can't have more than one account so if they catch you they keep your $

Sometimes even if they have no proof the keep it anyway.

But they also are the first ones to cancel bets on "bad lines", etc. So that's why I don't feel bad taking the fukers to the cleaners.