gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

baseball daily fantasy question

I started playing on fanduel.com and i have some strategy issues.
    I am playing some of the regulars on the site on a daily basis in heads-up games.
    For instance each player bet 270$ and the winner takes $500.
    Some of the guys i'm playing will play many many games with the same lineup. So at the end of the day they have a huge position for their only lineup. My question is should i play them with only 1 lineup as well or "diversify" my positions?

BTW the lines will most of the time dictate my plays. Ex: tomorrow highest total on the board is atl-colorado and atlanta is favorite. So my lineup will have a lot of Atlanta players..

Any daily fantasy expert here?

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's just a bet sizing question. See Kelly or whatever bankroll management tool you prefer. Theoretically there is one optimal line-up that you should always use. But in practice, outside of a few key players there are lots of combinations that are basically "equivalently optimal" that you can pick and choose from without much of a difference.

Each site has different pricing/scoring rules so the individual strategy will differ.

Edit: I don't claim to be an expert and generally lose to the regs.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

I tried different lineups but i would win one & then i would lose the other so i decided to play just one strong one.... One strong lineup has been good to me...... I might have just a few different players in different lineups depending on the different caps for the different sites that i play at....... But i try to keep 1 lineup mostly in place....Before it would take me some time to get my lineup setup but now since i know the players and backups and so forth i can get my lineup pretty quick.... Not saying that more than 1 lineup would not work but this is my experience so far.