bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Don Best College Team Names?

Has anybody got a list, preferably on a spreadsheet, of all the college team names as they appear on the Don Best score page? Different sites use different abbreviations and truncations, so it's a bit of an issue for a project I'm working on.

Thanks for any help...

AngryPlanets
    AngryPlanets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

I tried this from Don Best, but it was a mess. From viewing the page source, it loads directly from Statfox, and I found a page on that site that was easier to parse and less cluttered. I just did the dirty work... you have to clean it up.

Hope this helps
    Attached Files

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Thanks AngryPlanets...It looks like this is just the football side, and I've got to get all the basketball teams in too. I'm pasting and cleaning up old DB results and it's not quite the overwhelming job I thought. Still a hassle.

I wrote DB and asked them for the info, crickets. You'd think they'd want to help a bettor out.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you subscribe to Don Best? They have a line archive you could use to do it. A couple years ago you could paste the data into Excel without issue; probably still the case. Then you could just remove the duplicates.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...010073943.aspx