ijustwant2bpaid
    ijustwant2bpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Martingdale system...

Im going to use the Martingdale system throughout March Madness, I know the risks and am going to take it considering I went 0-9 recently I am feeling like my big loss streak is out of the way for a minute. What % should I bet on each game? I am thinking I might follow the top 4 seeds until they play each other or I will bet them through. If their games are at the same time I'll choose my best opinion. So with a 1,000 bank what would my recommended bets be? I am pretty sure i'll have the same odds, so is it any safer to just stick with 1 team at a time and then go with my best pick for the next game or to just follow the top seeds until they lose, also should I bet the points or ml or both, and would it make a big difference? If anyone can answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. If you know the risks based on a low -40-45% capping percentage throw those answers in as well please, Save me Ganch or Justin-->(Even though I know you don't condone these systems)

ijustwant2bpaid
    ijustwant2bpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also If you know what my chances are of losing if I stopped at 4-8 bets that would help me as well, sorry I just have been trouble finding info for free. Thanks SBR!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

You will definitely hear that martingale will ultimately lead to the destruction of your bankroll. Losing streaks will happen...you may have went 0-9 recently but that in no way changes the possibility of going 0-9 again in the near future. Gambling can be a game of streaks. I dabbled with it in a 3 progression series for baseball last year and had some success...wasn't really blind betting anything but it was just an experiment of sorts. Even on a 3 game progression at -110 the 3rd bet would be risking $485 (essentially 485 to win 100 or equivalent to -485 on a game with no heavy favorite) based on a $100 starting bet and would lose $826 total if the 3rd game loses. Of course the idea of going 1-2 and winning money is appealing but no need for martingale if you can hit 53%. If you currently have no faith in hitting 53% bet small and read up some other topics in the Think Tank, study public betting % vs line moves, look over trends and match-ups (covers.com and statfox.com). Money management is the most important factor to helping your bankroll survive imo. No need to be in a hurry to make money gambling right now if you are new...I would recommend taking it easy for a while and learning anything you can. best of luck.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I vote to remove any thread that suggests using a Martingale from the Think Tank Forum.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Not only that, but the top 4 seeds are usually the worst bets because their lines are inflated. As case in point, I like just ONE of the 16 top 4 seeds in the opening round (Washington), and I went AGAINST the other 15 in the Pick'em All ATS contests I am in.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by ijustwant2bpaid View Post
    considering I went 0-9 recently
    based on a low -40-45% capping percentage
    Seems like you have the answer to successful handicapping at least short term... Just cap them the same way you have been doing and then fade your picks. I know it doesn't seem right, but hey, based on those numbers you may be on to something.

Oh, and remember, chance doesn't care if you went 0-9 or 9-0, the next game stands on it's own when it comes to chance...

BOL

BouncedCheck
    BouncedCheck's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm using a martingale system, but I'm only betting $1 on each game in the first round on my newly-funded matchbook account, just playing around with it for fun until baseball season starts.

The other variation I'm using is that I'm betting AGAINST all the favorites. They're all going to be heavy favorites at least through the sweet 16, and I don't think all of them are going to make the elite 8. Only one of them has to lose a single game in any of the first three rounds for me to come out ahead for the tournament.

Good luck.

hajune
    hajune's Avatar Become A Pro!

stay away from all progressive systems

also if you know what my chances are of losing if i stopped at 4-8 bets that would help me as well, sorry i just have been trouble finding info for free. Thanks sbr!
    stay away from all progressive systems>they are doomed for failure.