statictheory
    statictheory's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Please explain this move

Im sure this is easy stuff for the more experienced guys but this confuses me a little.

NFL Houston Cinci game opens at Pinny :Houston -3 +110 / Cinci +3 -119
    Now the line is at 3-1/2 and houston is at -111 and cinci is at +103

I know that the half point is worth aprox 23 cents but isnt it moving in the wrong direction as the favorite now has a 1/2 point taking it off a key number? How does the half point benifit the favorite more?

is it simply a matter of the favorite getting more action despite the 1/2 point change? Thanks
    for an explanation in advance.
    Last edited by statictheory; 01-06-12 at 03:39 PM.

EddieMunster
    EddieMunster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its just a matter of lots of early action on Houston, books trying to get some action on Cincy.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I really have no idea what you are asking here. From -3 +100 to -3.5 -111 is a substantial move indicating a lot of money for Houston.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Because line as actually rising. It seems you are asking why wasn't there a lateral move to -3.5 +133ish.

statictheory

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Because line as actually rising. It seems you are asking why wasn't there a lateral move to -3.5 +133ish.
    right, so I guess my first thought was right that houston was being bet heavy but im used to see a half point move the direction of the dog off of +3. thx

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

two factors - # of total wagers on each side and then size of action on each side. the two are never the same so they move the juice before the #. larger size wagers on CIN +3 early. mid week action on HOU. now theyre begging for CIN side.

statictheory

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    two factors - # of total wagers on each side and then size of action on each side. the two are never the same so they move the juice before the #. larger size wagers on CIN +3 early. mid week action on HOU. now theyre begging for CIN side.
    thx