podonne
    podonne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do books move RunLine/PuckLine and MoneyLine from the same action?

If a book gets action on the MoneyLine for an MLB game and they decide to move the line, does the book move the RunLine at the same time? Or are the MoneyLine and RunLine treated as different markets and the action in one doesn't affect the other? Curious whether there is any information to be gained as the two markets move with\against each other, or whether one is simply derived from the other by the book.

Thanks,
    podonne

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

why not look at odds tracking sites, which show the time the line moved.

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

i want an rsigley response itt

Pancho sanza
    Pancho sanza's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by podonne View Post
    If a book gets action on the MoneyLine for an MLB game and they decide to move the line, does the book move the RunLine at the same time? Or are the MoneyLine and RunLine treated as different markets and the action in one doesn't affect the other? Curious whether there is any information to be gained as the two markets move with\against each other, or whether one is simply derived from the other by the book.

Thanks,
    podonne
    They move them at the same time.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho sanza View Post
    They move them at the same time.
    They are SUPPOSED to but don't always do. Some books are a tad slow with derivatives.

podonne
    podonne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    They are SUPPOSED to but don't always do. Some books are a tad slow with derivatives.
    I guess that's what I'm wondering, if books treat the RunLine as a derivitative of the MoneyLine, or whether they are two different markets. If they are truly derivitative, the move should be instant on both lines (the math is easy and the process is quick), but I find in looking at odds histories that sometimes it is instant (at least, recorded on the same minute) and sometimes there is a delay of a few hours.

So I don't know what to think.

Either they are two different markets and the similarities are due to a big bettor with a computer somewhere that bets the RunLine when the MoneyLine moves, thus causing the lines to appear to move in sequence (lots of that in the Win\Place\Show pools in horses),

or

the same person at the book manages the RunLine and the MoneyLine markets of a single event and they move the lines based on thier intuition (maybe the don't move the RunLine if the MoneyLine only moves slightly)

or

the bookie's computers are setup such that the person on the event manages one of the lines (say, the MoneyLine) and the computer automatically moves the other line based on a formula

I can imagine profitable opportunities if any of these are the case, but I just don't know which is closer to reality.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Some books move together, some don't.