Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Kelly Calculator

I think this should work for both IE and FF.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

ganchrow...it works!...the one improvement I would like to see is the ability to adjust the stake to sub-optimal levels.

Also let me check an assumption with you. I take it that the median bankroll growth rate is the one you'd get if your W% over N bets turned out to be exactly what you projected it. Is that correct?

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by bookie
    ganchrow...it works!...the one improvement I would like to see is the ability to adjust the stake to sub-optimal levels.
    So you mean that you'd like to be able to specify the stake, and then along with the odds, the edge, and the number of bets you'd like it to calculate growth rate? If so, check it out now.

Also let me check an assumption with you. I take it that the median bankroll growth rate is the one you'd get if your W% over N bets turned out to be exactly what you projected it. Is that correct?
    Yes. The mean represents the expected or average outcome and the median represents the most likely outcome. Because finishing bankrolls are positively skewed towards larger values (the bankroll can never turn negative), the median will always be lower than the mean.

JenBird
    JenBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ganchrow:

Maybe if you concentrated more on your lady you wouldn't need to worry so much about inflatable Kelly dolls.

bookie

So you mean that you'd like to be able to specify the stake, and then along with the odds, the edge, and the number of bets you'd like it to calculate growth rate? If so, check it out now.
    Exactly. Now it answers to my fondest dreams.

Maybe if you concentrated more on your lady you wouldn't need to worry so much about inflatable Kelly dolls.
    Jen...Get with the program! He could not love thee dear so much / loved he not probability more.

bookie

Should the median be that much bigger (x100's) when number of bets gets up to 500+?

Ganchrow

Should the median be that much bigger (x100's) when number of bets gets up to 500+?
    It should. It's exponential growth, after all.