beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Survivor Pool: multiple entries?

I'm in a survivor pool and were allowed to have up to three entries.. would that increase the odds of you winning or does each pick have the same amount of odds?

basically does more than one entry make sense (money wise)?

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic

bump

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

It depends on the prize structure, and the number of entries. Is it winner take all, a gradually decreasing award based on finish, or a steep award slope?

How many entrants are there? How many weeks do you expect there to be survivors in an average season? (at what week do you expect there to be only 1 entrant left)

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

This problem is very similar to whether or not it's a good idea to enter a poker tournament multiple times.

What week it will end is very dependent on how many players there are.

I think there may be some leverage in being able to put all your eggs in one basket when you have strong picks but diversify in more difficult weeks.

If I think I am +EV in survivor pools I would enter multiple times (to limit or bankroll-optimal levels) to reduce variance.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

This year I'm in a $100 buy-in Survivor Pool, and there are 1,705 entrants. I have two entries, and got through with San Diego and Houston Week 1. Actually, 475 got eliminated (mostly due to KC and Cleveland)

Last year I was in the same pool (with about the same number of entries), and after 17 weeks, 9 entrants split the pot.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic

$20 buy in 26 entries

multiple entries allowed

prize structure: 10% to the last man standing with no strikes... 90% whoever wins it all..

usually last until the AFC NFC championships