Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keeping NHL records (and systems) consistent

Pinnacle has shifted away from two-way results in the NHL, now offering Asian handicap and three-way results for regulation only.

My NHL records are based on the lines at Covers.com, which were two-way (!) Pinnacle lines. With these lines no longer available, how can I keep my records consistent, so that a +120 dog from previous seasons is still a +120 dog from hereon out? Same for a +200 dog. Different books have different scales as the odds go up, so this is a problem. Is there some sort of formula (like middling lines from different books) to maintain consistency, so that my records can be translated to this season?

By the way, which book offered the NHL lines posted at Covers last night? Boston +136? That's better than Matchbook...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The lines at covers ARE still the two way lines. For proof, compare the current NHL scoreboard at covers with the current "OT included" lines at Pinny.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Really? SBR Odds doesn't show the Pinny NHL lines, and I couldn't find Pinny two-way NHL lines on their site.

If Pinny still offers OT-included lines, I'm off the hook. That would be great.

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Really? SBR Odds doesn't show the Pinny NHL lines, and I couldn't find Pinny two-way NHL lines on their site.

If Pinny still offers OT-included lines, I'm off the hook. That would be great.
    Pinnacle NHL OT Included Lines

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Thanks Ganch. I was confused by this:

Please note:
    Effective immediately, hockey games will be graded on the results of regulation time only, unless explicitly stated otherwise in the line offering.
    I was really worried.

I noticed the lines here as well: http://hockey.pinnaclesports.com/

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36717

That note has actually been up for at least two seasons

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Pinnacles NHL offerings are exactly the same as they've been for the past 2 years.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

They had Asian handicaps and 3 way lines, and no regular lines up, when I asked. But the confusion was mine.

Up to +175 they offer 10 ct lines, but there is some variance in the lines between +176 and +200. For instance, they may offer a 15 ct line for +185/-200 or a 18 ct line for +185/-203. Or they may offer +182/-195 and +181/-196.

What's the thinking behind that?

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Pinnacles NHL offerings are exactly the same as they've been for the past 2 years.
    If you were betting OT included lines nothing has changed. Pinny has always stated

Please note:
    Effective immediately, hockey games will be graded on the results of regulation time only, unless explicitly stated otherwise in the line offering.
    and that hasn't changed