smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Coorelated Parlays - Edge

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I've done several searches and haven't found anything...

Has there been any research or is there any sharable data on the edge that can be found in an NCCA football coorelated parlay??

I would imagine that the lower the ratio of the total to the spread the greater the edge, but is there a way to calculate this?
    Last edited by smitch124; 09-18-08 at 07:19 PM.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I've done several searches and haven't found anything...

Has there been any research or is there any sharable data on the edge that can be found in an NCCA football coorelated parlay??

I would imagine that the lower the ratio of the total to the spread the greater the edge, but is there a way to calcualte this?

It's because you're searching for the wrong thing. It's "correlated" parlays.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

lol thanks for the heads up, but I did type it correctly when doing the searches...

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post

I would imagine that the lower the ratio of the total to the spread the greater the edge, but is there a way to calculate this?
    Your first step might be to examine a portion of the historical data as a means of determining in-sample conditional win probabilities.

You could then attempt to extrapolate from there and see how it holds up out-of-sample.