Milwaukee
    Milwaukee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Factors for MLB betting

Hi all. I have an question: If you betting the MLB. Which data are for you important?

My weighting is the following:

Pitcher
    Batting
    Bullpen

Pitcher = 45%
    Batter (Batting) = 25%
    Bullpen = 30%

By the Pitcher my factors are: Dominance, Power, und FIP = 1/3 for the factors.

By Batting data I love: OPS

By bullpen I use the ERA the last 7 days

How does your MLB bet?

Hans

Milwaukee
    Milwaukee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

No baseball capper here?

skjjb4
    skjjb4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1070

Maybe factor in the money trail also. Vegas makes money when n we lose so look at which side the money is on and maybe look to the other side.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I am a big believer of trneds..when a team and it's players are playing wel..they should be backed esp vs a team gong in the wrong direction. Also, the better and hyped teams will often be overbet..like for ex carpentar in St lousi..Phillies/Yanks

kingofmonash
    my crap
    kingofmonash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

line,,, odds,,, ,, underdogs,,, value ,, value value

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

The Umpires calling the game , the park being played at ( hitters park like texas, pitchers park like petco,etc) even the weather report for the day, sticky humid day games, wrigley winds, turf games, etc. all play a part of baseball handicapping for me, and not only in determining totals.

In baseball, trends or how a team has been doing over the last 5 games or so certainly comes into it more than most sports. Umpires seem to really influence a game more so than most officials in any other sport, a umpire with a small strike zone can pretty much make any numbers on ERA as less a factor.

WHIP obviously , and I know alot of people like to look at certain angles like a left hander stats against certain teams that have trouble hitting lefties .

I really hope someone starts a thread in sbr baseball section like pops has at the rx on umpire info,weather,etc. He usually has an excel sheet with all the info and you do with it what you want. It is a huge help in handicapping baseball, totals especially.
    Last edited by gregm; 03-30-11 at 08:11 PM.

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    I am a big believer of trneds..when a team and it's players are playing wel..they should be backed esp vs a team gong in the wrong direction. Also, the better and hyped teams will often be overbet..like for ex carpentar in St lousi..Phillies/Yanks
    this is a level, right?

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

why is baseball so juice on sides?