Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Pirates are sneakily decent so far.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The city of Pittsburgh should hold a parade for the Pirates just for being 8-8 at this point.
    That city deserves better. I feel like Pittsburgh is a good sports town if Pittsburgh is winning. If the Buccos can win some games and stay competitive this year they will get some support from their fanbase.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Corbin Burnes (the best pitcher on the planet) bullpen shit the bed on him, yet again.
    Burnes and deGrom are the hardest luck starters I've ever seen.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47541

Corbin Burnes (the best pitcher on the planet) bullpen shit the bed on him, yet again.
    Burnes and deGrom are the hardest luck starters I've ever seen.
    Not on board with Burnes being the best pitcher on the planet.

I'll take Degrom and a few others over him.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Pirates are sneakily decent so far.
    Yes. I don't bet against them after losing on the Cubs twice this weekend

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Somebody dropped Gallegos at 1:40am last night in my fantasy league. Overreaction?

Am I missing something? Looks like he is decent closer and a lot of things went sideways in that BS+L yesterday making me think it's an outlier for him

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    Somebody dropped Gallegos at 1:40am last night in my fantasy league. Overreaction?

Am I missing something? Looks like he is decent closer and a lot of things went sideways in that BS+L yesterday making me think it's an outlier for him
    I'd snatch him up if he's on the scrap heap.
    I'd snatch him up in a second.
    You can't have enough closers stashed away.
    How many reserves can you carry in your league?

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

It's twelve team H2H league starting 12 hitters/7 pitchers with no designations between SP/RP and saves not a requirement.

7 reserve spots plus two IL spots where I am harboring IL60 long term reclamation projects Chris Sale and Lance McCullers.

My bench is currently Daniel Bard then 3 IL10 pitchers (Alex Cobb, Sonny Gray, and Blake Snell) My only field player reserves are Adell, Happ, and Mountcastle

Most likely drop candidate would be Zach Eflin who I am only using as a short term, 2 start option this week. Rosters update on a weekly basis so even if I am awarded a wavier claim on the 28th the player wouldn't join my team until May 2nd

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Not sold either
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Not on board with Burnes being the best pitcher on the planet.

I'll take Degrom and a few others over him.

PaperTrail07

Best in Baseball is clearly Beiber....just watch him

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Definitely Jake Arrieta last year was the best starter in baseball. Too bad he retired.

stevenash

Burnes throws dirty, filthy shit.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

APRIL 26: Atlanta placed Rosario on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to yesterday, with what the team called “blurred vision and swelling in the right retina.” To take his place on the active roster, the Braves recalled right-hander William Woods to make his major league debut.
    Selected onto the 40-man roster last offseason, the 23-year-old Woods has allowed six runs in 7 2/3 innings between Double-A and Triple-A in the early going. However, he’s punched out 14 of the 32 batters he’s faced while walking just a pair of opponents, and the Braves reasonably feel that kind of swing-and-miss ability will help him find better results from a run prevention perspective. (Eric Cole of Battery Power first reported Woods’ forthcoming promotion).
    APRIL 25: The Braves announced today that outfielder Eddie Rosario will soon undergo a laser procedure on his right eye, due to some swelling and blurred vision. While the club didn’t provide a timeline, Justin Toscano of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that this could sideline Rosario for 8-12 weeks.
    Acquired from the Indians in a deadline deal last year, Rosario got red hot as a member of the Braves and went onto cement himself in the team’s lore. After the trade, Rosario hit .271/.330/.573 for an excellent 133 wRC+. That tremendous hot streak helped propel the club into the postseason. Rosario was able to shine in the playoffs as well, as he went 14-for-25 in the NLCS, including three home runs, a double, a triple and nine runs driven in, earning series MVP honors. Rosario couldn’t carry that hot streak into the World Series, but the club triumphed nonetheless.
    Rosario reached free agency but eventually re-signed with the Braves on a two-year, $18MM deal with a club option for 2024. He’s gotten off to a miserable start to the year, hitting just .068/.163/.091, though those struggles are surely attributable to the fact that Rosario has been struggling with his vision. Now that the issue has been diagnosed and will soon be treated, Rosario can hopefully get back on track. However, it will take some time, with Rosario seemingly unable to return until a few months from now.
    For the Braves, it’s unfortunate that they will be losing a beloved member of the team for an extended stretch. Marcell Ozuna and Adam Duvall should be making up two-thirds of the outfield on most nights. With Rosario stepping aside, the options to join them include Alex Dickerson, Guillermo Heredia and Travis Demeritte. Whatever solution the team comes up with will just be temporary, as Ronald Acuna Jr. should be in the mix soon. The superstar has been out of action for almost a year at this point after tearing his ACL in July of 2021. However, he is currently on a rehab assignment and isn’t far from rejoining the big league club.

JAKEPEAVY21

Burnes throws dirty, filthy shit.
    So do apes at the zoo.

So you think Burnes is better than Degrom?

stevenash

So do apes at the zoo.

So you think Burnes is better than Degrom?
    A healthy deGrom?
    No

Great analogy by the way.

Well played sir.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Tommy Pham picking up his average only by playing against the Padres

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    It's twelve team H2H league starting 12 hitters/7 pitchers with no designations between SP/RP and saves not a requirement.

7 reserve spots plus two IL spots where I am harboring IL60 long term reclamation projects Chris Sale and Lance McCullers.

My bench is currently Daniel Bard then 3 IL10 pitchers (Alex Cobb, Sonny Gray, and Blake Snell) My only field player reserves are Adell, Happ, and Mountcastle

Most likely drop candidate would be Zach Eflin who I am only using as a short term, 2 start option this week. Rosters update on a weekly basis so even if I am awarded a wavier claim on the 28th the player wouldn't join my team until May 2nd
    I’d pick him up too. He has job security which isn’t a luxury for all closers. I’d probably drop a starter like Eflin if you don’t really need him.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

A few players landed on the COVID-19 injured list today. It’s not clear whether anyone in this group tested positive for the virus or has been identified as a close contact or a symptomatic individual. Players on the COVID IL don’t count against a team’s 40-man roster.
    The latest virus-related situations:

• The Pirates placed outfielders Bryan Reynolds and Cole Tucker on the injured list before this evening’s game against the Brewers. Prospects Tucupita Marcano and Jack Suwinski were recalled to take their place on the active roster. Each of Reynolds and Tucker has struggled in the early going, but the former was one of the game’s best players last season and figures to turn things around whenever he’s ready to return. Marcano and Suwinski were both acquired from the Padres in last summer’s Adam Frazier deal. It’s the first MLB call for the 23-year-old Suwinski, who was selected onto the 40-man roster last offseason. The left-handed outfielder is off to a fantastic .353/.421/.686 start with Double-A Altoona this year.
    • The Brewers had their own virus-related move before tonight’s game. Catcher Víctor Caratini went on the IL this afternoon. Backstop Alex Jackson, acquired from the Marlins during Spring Training, has been recalled from Triple-A Nashville in a corresponding move. Caratini has appeared in eight games as part of a loose early-season platoon with Omar Narváez. The latter will probably assume the lion’s share of work behind the dish so long as Caratini is sidelined. Jackson has hit .229/.300/.429 with a pair of homers in ten games with the Sounds.
    • The Giants have placed reliever Zack Littell on the IL, tweets Maria Guardado of MLB.com. Kervin Castro has been recalled to take his place on the active roster. Littell has gotten off to a nice start to the season, tossing six scoreless innings in as many appearances. He’s allowed four hits, struck out five and has yet to issue a walk. Littell pitched to a 2.92 ERA in 61 2/3 frames last year.

JAKEPEAVY21

Mackenzie Gore on the mound today, he has looked quite good so far.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash

I like Mack Gote too.
    Looks like his future is going to be bright.

PaperTrail07

Another easy Runline win....this is amazing--- IFFF Gut does well...the pen will ruin it....and if he does not...games done by the 5th...
    Mackenzie Gore on the mound today, he has looked quite good so far.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Another easy Runline win....this is amazing--- IFFF Gut does well...the pen will ruin it....and if he does not...games done by the 5th...
    Sounds like lots of faith in your Reds at the moment?

Hopefully you are right and it's over by the 5th...

Hope all is well with your and yours sir

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Fading the reds definitely a good call right now.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Mad Max fits well with the Mets lol

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Mad Max fits well with the Mets lol
    Mets might be a real threat this year.

They are more than holding their own with Degrom on the shelf.

Their rotation will be a tough nut to crack in the playoffs(assuming healthy) with Degrom, Scherzer and Bassitt.

stevenash

Mets might be a real threat this year.

They are more than holding their own with Degrom on the shelf.

Their rotation will be a tough nut to crack in the playoffs(assuming healthy) with Degrom, Scherzer and Bassitt.
    deGrom is the MLB version of Joel Embid.

If healthy a force.
    If healthy.

PaperTrail07

I mean I just call it how it is.....Votto hitting .150 and looking like he has vision problems -huge problems at catcher....there is just no reason for this to turn around.....Personally Im great ! haha thanks for the well wishes.....hope the same for you Weaker lineup for SD today and India back for the reds....but its not enough for me not to take the RL again....

PaperTrail07

The owners tried to have fans w bags on their heads tossed!!!! Then next day said it was OK LMFAO....

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Fading the reds definitely a good call right now.
    They're the worst team in baseball right now by a wide margin although I think the Nats will give them a run for their money for the worst record in the National League.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    They're the worst team in baseball right now by a wide margin although I think the Nats will give them a run for their money for the worst record in the National League.
    Hopefully they find their stride when they play your Giants and the Dodgers....

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Cub blew the lead only to win in the 10th

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Cub blew the lead only to win in the 10th
    And Cross did his happy dance all night long.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Has any pitcher been better than Keegan Thompson so far this season??

stevenash

Has any pitcher been better than Keegan Thompson so far this season??
    Ryan has been good too.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Ronald Acuna returns to baseball. Let's see if the Braves are good without Freeman

First ... 24252627282930 ... Last