EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

While DJ LeMahieu played his high school ball in Michigan, a return to his old stomping grounds in the form of a Tigers contract “isn’t likely,” MLB.com’s Jason Beck writes. Detroit figures to wait until closer to Spring Training to land a second baseman, so LeMahieu will likely be off the market by then, plus his desire for a multi-year deal probably also doesn’t fit with the Tigers’ plan to acquire a short-term bridge to prospect Dawel Lugo. The Nationals, Dodgers, and Athletics have all been linked to LeMahieu at various points this offseason, though it’s probably safe to count Oakland out of the running after the team’s acquisition of Jurickson Profar. In general, Beck feels the Tigers could wait until later in the offseason to address several needs, looking for low-cost veterans or potential bargains to fill holes in the rotation, bullpen, catcher, or on the bench. The Tigers may also have to hold off on dealing Nick Castellanos until after Bryce Harper signs with a new team, in order to take stock of a newly-shuffled outfield market.
    Some more from around baseball…

• Is Adam Jones a fit for the Rangers? MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan believes so, opining that Jones’ right-handed bat would help balance out the team’s heavily left-handed outfield mix, plus Jones could provide clubhouse leadership to an increasingly young team. There’s certainly an argument to be made for such a signing, or at least for a player of a similar mold, should Jones himself be a bit too expensive for the Rangers’ liking or if he only wants to play for a team aiming to contend in 2019.
    • Speaking of signing veterans, MASNsports.com’s Steve Melewski argues that the Orioles should see what they have in their young pitchers rather than acquiring an experienced innings-eater for the rotation. Barring a trade, Baltimore will have Andrew Cashner, Dylan Bundy, and Alex Cobb as its top three starters, which perhaps provides enough of a veteran base to allow the O’s to audition any number of young arms through the other two rotation spots.
    • Nick Senzel is on pace to make his Major League debut sometime in 2019, though without a clear position to play in the Reds’ lineup, the team could deploy Senzel as a multi-positional threat, the Cincinnati Enquirer’s Bobby Nightengale writes. Senzel was drafted as a third baseman and has spent much of his minor league career at the hot corner, though he saw more time at second base last season at Triple-A and even started one game at shortstop. The Reds also intended to use Senzel as a corner outfielder in Arizona Fall League play, though he was sidelined after surgery to remove bone spurs from his elbow. The biggest priority for the Reds and Senzel is simply to make sure that the top prospect is healthy in the wake of an injury-shortened 2018 season, and to get him everyday at-bats no matter what position he fills around the diamond. Senzel could even be considered for some time in center field, which is the only open position the Reds have at the moment.
    • Trading Kole Calhoun would help free up some payroll space for the Angels to go after pitching, though MLB.com’s Rhett Bollinger isn’t sure how much the Halos could really save in such a deal. Calhoun is owed $11.5MM next season, counting both salary and a buyout of his $14MM club option for 2020, and it seems like the team would have to eat at least some of that given that Calhoun is coming off a replacement-level season. Los Angeles could also conceivably swap Calhoun for another player with a contract his team would like to unload, if such a fit could be found. Of course, the Angels are hoping for a rebound year from Calhoun and have him penciled in as their everyday right fielder, so dealing him would create another roster hole to be filled.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

I always thought the Giants should go after Adam Jones but they just don't want to spend money. They do need an outfielder so I'm interested to see what they do this offseason but I'm not holding my breath that they get somebody that will really make a difference after Andrew McCutchen didn't work out last season.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    There was an article last week saying they were in talks with the Jays for Stroman: https://www.mlb.com/news/marcus-stro...rs/c-302161196
    I don't want Stroman...not for a king's ransom anyhow, much prefer kluber.

in other news, prepare for your jays to make the world series after acquiring Clayton Richard from my Padres

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    I always thought the Giants should go after Adam Jones but they just don't want to spend money. They do need an outfielder so I'm interested to see what they do this offseason but I'm not holding my breath that they get somebody that will really make a difference after Andrew McCutchen didn't work out last season.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

in other news, prepare for your jays to make the world series after acquiring Clayton Richard from my Padres
    I always liked Clayton. Good guy.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    I always liked Clayton. Good guy.
    agreed he is a good dude and solid veteran presence on a young ball club.

middle of the road pitcher but can provide a decent amount of innings pitched.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Not expecting much next season from the Jays. Only thing to be excited about is Vlad Jr. to be called up 6 weeks into the season. Think he'll be a top 20 MLB hitter right away in 2019.

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Blue Jays acquire left-hander Clayton Richard from Padres

The Toronto Blue Jays acquired left-hander Clayton Richard and cash considerations from the San Diego Padres on Sunday, it was announced.
    Toronto will send minor league outfielder Connor Panas to San Diego.
    Richard, 35, was designated for assignment last week by the Padres. He was 7-11 with a 5.33 ERA in 27 starts last season.
    To make room for Richard on the roster, right-hander Oliver Drake was designated for assignment by the Blue Jays.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Looks like 2019 will provide the hot stove.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

can't wait for baseball season , who will be going to the world series

Houston Astros

vs

Chicago Cubs

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10137

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    What about Josh Harrison? 2 time all star. versatile ?

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    He wouldn’t be bad they will definitely fill a corner OF spot imo interesting to see what 2019 brings.

EmpireMaker

10:34 pm: The deal is for three years plus a player option for 2022, per Heyman (via Twitter). The Mariners have the unique option of replacing the player option with an additional four year guarantee, thus securing seven years of team control for Seattle. Theoretically, the partnership could end after three years should both the Mariners and Kikuchi decline their options.
    9:49 pm: Kikuchi gets four guaranteed years from the Mariners, per MLB Network’s Jon Morosi (via Twitter).
    9:15 pm: Per his sources, Fancred’s Jon Heyman now tweets that Kikuchi “has a deal with the Mariners.”
    8:03 pm: The Mariners “appear to be nearing an agreement” with southpaw Yusei Kikuchi, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports (Twitter link). It’s not clear at this point what terms are under consideration.
    At the same time, it’s far from clear that Kikuchi is inevitably headed to Seattle. Per MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand, via Twitter, “other teams remain in this mix” along with the M’s.
    Kikuchi, 27, is one of the more intriguing remaining players available on this year’s market. He’s free to sign with whatever MLB team he chooses, but must agree to a deal before January 2nd in order to comply with the conditions governing the transfer of players between MLB and Japan’s Nippon Professional Baseball.
    The connection between Kikuchi and the M’s has long been obvious, particularly since the organization has made no secret of its interest. Though the Seattle club has made clear it’s taking a step back from competitiveness, it hopes to bounce back to contention by 2020 or 2021.
    The still-youthful Kikuchi seems to fit that timeline. It’s also hard to ignore the simple geographical match. Seattle and other west coast clubs are more convenient locales for Japanese players; the M’s have previously enjoyed positive stints from players such as Ichiro Suzuki and Hisashi Iwakuma.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post

Houston Astros

vs

Chicago Cubs
    If Cubs win then guys like Bryant will go down as legends

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    I don't think he has much left. career in decline

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Happy New Year gentlemen.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Happy New Years gents. It's time for the 2019 thread of MLB.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I would love to see Cubs vs Astros. Theo still needs to get busy first.

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post

Houston Astros

vs

Chicago Cubs
    Come on...Not r Reds???

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10137

Happy new year all!

EmpireMaker

Happy New Year !!!

EmpireMaker

I just created our 2019 thread !!!!

JAKEPEAVY21

Happy New Year!

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO

Happy New Year !!!

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Sounds like the Phillies want either Machado or Harper.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Sounds like the Phillies want either Machado or Harper.
    both are overrated headcases...Pollock could be a steal compared to those 2 contracts.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

both are overrated headcases...Pollock could be a steal compared to those 2 contracts.
    I like Pollock, but he's not as good as his advance metrics say and he plays too hard for his own good. Guy is always going to be hurt.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

dj lemahieu to the yankees 2 years 24 mililon

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Good deal for the yankees or no?

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

a lot of talk about Machado to the Padres, but no real fantasy discussion. Anyone else think hes an auto fade this year? Hate the lineup, hate the ballpark, he wasnt even that great in LA which was also a bad hitters park and a much better surrounding lineup.

First ... 111112113114