reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

We could make a few dummy accounts if we can't get to 15.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

get that sniper asshole in here and see if we can borrow the five or six he had.....

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

15 should not a problem

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29112

agree 15 should not be a problem

maybe we should start to set this up and get enough people and leave enough time b4 the season? only 3 weeks away now

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

just saw that nascar.com also has a new fantasy game for 2018 season.

no salary cap

Auto Donk

that should be good..... how the hell is it run?

Optional

Speaking to Drew about the possibility of SBR sponsoring our game.

Would need to be using a platform like runyourpool.com we use for contests.

So software may not be as fancy as Fox or NASCAR (prob no live updates in race for example) but rules could be made better than those to suit us.

If we got that, with a prize overlay from SBR, would that be suitable or would we just end up with people trashing it as not good enough and want to play elsewhere anyway?

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Do you have to be invited to play in this thing or can I invite myself? How does this thing work and how much does it cost?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Do you have to be invited to play in this thing or can I invite myself? How does this thing work and how much does it cost?
    Open to anyone.

Last year we put in 400 points to start the year. 100 toward a prize for each 12 race segment. And 100 toward an overall winner prize.

Then each week we put in 100 points for a weekly prize pool.

We are not sure how it will work this year yet.

Stay tuned

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Open to anyone.

Last year we put in 400 points to start the year. 100 toward a prize for each 12 race segment. And 100 toward an overall winner prize.

Then each week we put in 100 points for a weekly prize pool.

We are not sure how it will work this year yet.

Stay tuned
    So 400 points total? Who do I need to ship them too?

Optional

So 400 points total? Who do I need to ship them too?
    We'll let you know once it's all worked out. Do not know yet.

GT21Megatron

We'll let you know once it's all worked out. Do not know yet.
    What’s the info to sign up?

reigle9

So software may not be as fancy as Fox or NASCAR (prob no live updates in race for example) but rules could be made better than those to suit us.

If we got that, with a prize overlay from SBR, would that be suitable or would we just end up with people trashing it as not good enough and want to play elsewhere anyway?
    that's would be amazing

sbr sponsoring it never crossed my mind

idc about live updates, i have better things to worry about during the race than my fantasy team

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
    I found a site that is running a contest really similar to our old one. Reigle had brought this site up but at the time they didn't have a way for us to have a Private League. They announced this afternoon that they did Now have Private Leagues available. It's a free site, only problem we might have is we would need to have 15 Teams signed up before the 1st race of the year. (They wouldn't have to race every week we just need 15 before 1st race). Here's the link to site, check it out.

https://fantasyracingonline.net/our-...-auto-contest/
    I may have missed it but is there any reference to segments? Or does this only have year-to-date?

GT21Megatron

Yahoo breaks down yearly and by segments. I’m sure y’all already know that but it’s been the go to for my fantasy nascar going on 10+ years.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

That's a very interesting idea, as for myself I'd be committed (Without Complaining) to whatever site we chose.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I may have missed it but is there any reference to segments? Or does this only have year-to-date?
    It appears that it's yearly, there was no mention of segments. Just that teams will accumulate fantasy points in each of the 36 Sprint Cup points-paying races during the 2018 season, with drivers salary's being updated every Monday,

CarolinaDaze

Yahoo breaks down yearly and by segments. I’m sure y’all already know that but it’s been the go to for my fantasy nascar going on 10+ years.
    You may not have heard but Yahoo has ended their Nascar Game also.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
    You may not have heard but Yahoo has ended their Nascar Game also.

Just saw it when I went in and tried to register....Damn....I been in a few CBS fantasy leagues football and baseball and you can pay a small like $10league fee and you can customize the league however you want. Wonder if they do that for nascar also

GT21Megatron

Dale JR retired so yahoo was like Fuk this....lmao

luvtogamble
    luvtogamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5459

I am in with whatever we decide on.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I don't see NASCAR offered at runyourpool

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1536

Great idea Opti! We've been play'in here for a while now and getting SBR involved with the possibility of adding a prize overlay, would definitely help get move players involved. I'm in for this year, hopefully I'll scrape the points up, college hoops is kick'in the shit outta me, unreal, been on a terrible run.

Derailer
    Derailer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5966

I was in a football contest at runyourpool this year and saw a NASCAR contest and clicked on it once.

https://www.runyourpool.com/Nascar-Pickem-Pools.cfm

If this could be done with five drivers and nine starts would be similar to Yahoo from what I know of it and a proven format.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Derailer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk

I'll miss the live updates.... made the races worth watching this past year.... without a format that includes them, and the ability to see how you're runnin vs. the field, it'll make most races unwatchable again....

Derailer
    Derailer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5966

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    I'll miss the live updates.... made the races worth watching this past year.... without a format that includes them, and the ability to see how you're runnin vs. the field, it'll make most races unwatchable again....
    The runyourpool seems like more of a season-long contest with SBR putting in a prize pot. Probably would be pretty lousy for a weekly but it could work for that. You guys might still want to do a weekly with the NASCAR site. Guessing it will be the only one with live updates.

I also note that the Yahoo game has different levels of racers and with the runyourpool contest you would obviously use up all the A racers. If you had 5 racers and 9 starts that would basically be 2 A racers and 3 B racers which seems kind of random. It would probably be better to go with 5 racers and 7 starts so that the winner(s) would have to at least mix in a few C racers along the way to add a little difficulty.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

the cash cow starts getting milked again in just 19 days fellas

just 12 til the clash, ill start a thread for that too of course, in the nascar sub forum

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CarolinaDaze

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6821

I'll participate in and be happy with any contest you guys decide to go with.

I arrived in Daytona on Sunday and I'll be in Florida for about 3-4 weeks. It's a nice break from the snow and below zero temps back home.
    Unfortunately, by the time I decided to come here, the deadline had passed for media credentials so I wasn't able to get them for the week. I probably won't spend a lot of time at the Speedway - might take in a race during the week, but won't be at the 500.

I do plan on going to a lot of dirt track races in Tampa, Ocala and Barberville. I know a lot of the teams who will be competing at those races and write press releases for some of the drivers.

I'm loving staying on the beach.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5, and Optional

bigdaddyjames
    bigdaddyjames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

i will be running the fantasy nascar for anyone wanting to get in ....

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

we dont know whos running it, or even which game we are playing yet

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

if sbr gets involved guessing opti will run it unless he doesnt want to...dont think he or CD really likes running them....if not, then donkers will im guessing

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    if sbr gets involved guessing opti will run it unless he doesnt want to...dont think he or CD really likes running them....if not, then donkers will im guessing
    Hopefully it will come together fast and we can let you know more soon. Something will happen for sure though, so hold tight. But just have to do what is possible under constraints, so no need for more suggestions now really. It'll be what it is this year, and if it works then it might get bigger year two.

And as an added bonus, SBR will be doing a few things for car fans this year. ;-))
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

reigle9

Nice. Nascar is pretty much the only thing I care about anymore, cause I know I can make money.

reigle9

See ovaries account for my buy in, as I won the week he bailed.

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    I agree, love the Live Updates....It looks like we got 3 choices

1. Nascar.com - (The new upgraded Fantasy Live Game).... fantasygames.nascar.com/live ..... With the exit of Fox & Yahoo, this leaves Nascar.com as a Major Fantasy Nascar Contest Site....Next Monday(Feb, 5th) NASCAR.com will launch a brand new fantasy game for the 2018 season. The goal is to make it easier to play – There’s no more salary cap, they’ve added in-race roster adjustments options and they simplified the scoring”

2. SlingShot Fantasy Auto Contest - (Replacing our Fox Nascar Contest from last year).... fantasyracingonline.net ..... is a new player on the Fantasy Nascar Contest Scene.... Contest has similar rules as the Fox Fantasy Auto Racing game we played in the past....It's a free site offering 3 games plus there's rumors they are starting a "Pay 2 Play Contest" in the future.

3. Run your pool contest...(Replacing The Yahoo Nascar Contest).....https://www.runyourpool.com/Nascar-Pickem-Pools.cfm I know a few of you played this before, but the thing i hated about it was drivers can only be picked a specific number of times per season, I'm afraid players will stop playing at the end of year once they don't have good drivers left to start anymore, the 2 above games allow players a fresh start every week, allowing players incentive to play the whole season

BUT, the above is just "Food For Thought", we just need to do it right when we do it, cause 9 months is along time to be playing a game that s*cks.....Like i stated yesterday I will play & Support what ever direction we go to next.
    Last edited by CarolinaDaze; 01-30-18 at 04:03 PM.

CarolinaDaze

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyjames View Post
    i will be running the fantasy nascar for anyone wanting to get in ....
    Didn't you do that last year and Everyone (The whole 6 who played) quit because you "Once Again" stiffed someone (Buffalo Nickle) ? I had to take the game over just to get people to finish the season. I will not save you this year if you start a contest, in my opinion you or your game are NOT A OPTION.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rob

First ... 707172737475 Last