daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Pickup Knile Davis or stay put?

I'm 0-2 and have the #2 waiver. I don't think my team is bad, (12 team non ppr, 6 points/passing TDs, 20 pass yds/pt, -1/int, 7 pts/rushing td, everything else is standard Yahoo scoring)

Brees
    Lacy, Gore, Joique Bell, Lamar Miller
    Antonio Brown, Garcon, Torrey Smith, Hunter, Randle, Hopkins
    Olsen
    Gould
    Rams D

My WR's have been inconsistent and Lacy has had a hard time thus far and has bad matchups. Brees needs to get things together and I think he will in the next few games. Anyways, Knile Davis, Donald Brown, Rainey, Robinson, Forsett, Crowell, Dwyer, Greene, Stewart, Asiata, Sanu, Andre Roberts, Andrew Hawkins, and Quick are all available on the WW. I'm thinking of picking up Davis, but Bell has a good matchup this week vs Packers,(won't start Gore). Are any of these worth getting? Also, forgot to mention, in our league we only have 5 free transactions, all others more than 5 are $2 each.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

First off, you absolutely have to go get Rainey. He gets the start vs a horrid falcons d

And yes get kniles too. Even if you don't use them, your opponents aren't. Do you have a flex spot? If so and you land one one of the waiver rbs id use them at flex. To be honest not really feeling your WRs so I'd start 3 rbs if you can.

Rainey and davis your 1a 1b pickups. Rainey has a better matchup this week, but going forward kniles is the #1 guy until JC returns so in the long run you're probably better off with him. But still can't go wrong with either. And don't worry about having too many rbs, they are very valuable and excellent trade bait. People always get desperate for rbs, you're in a position where you can land a 2 for 1 or a big time wr for one of those rbs

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    First off, you absolutely have to go get Rainey. He gets the start vs a horrid falcons d

And yes get kniles too. Even if you don't use them, your opponents aren't. Do you have a flex spot? If so and you land one one of the waiver rbs id use them at flex. To be honest not really feeling your WRs so I'd start 3 rbs if you can.

Rainey and davis your 1a 1b pickups. Rainey has a better matchup this week, but going forward kniles is the #1 guy until JC returns so in the long run you're probably better off with him. But still can't go wrong with either. And don't worry about having too many rbs, they are very valuable and excellent trade bait. People always get desperate for rbs, you're in a position where you can land a 2 for 1 or a big time wr for one of those rbs
    I'm hearing that Martin is okay to start and play this Thursday. You still think I should get and START Rainey even though he probably won't start himself? You would start either Rainey or Davis this week over Lacy @ Det, or Bell vs GB?

We don't have a flex, so can't use your suggestion there.

Let's say I pick up one or both of these guys, who would I drop out of those receivers? Also forgot to mention I have Terrance Williams.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Davis is a must waiver wire pick up. I have Bell in a league and am hoping to get Davis to start him.

Martin probably will come back so id hold off on Rainey.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

I dropped Moreno to pick up Davis, do you like that move ?

Vinnie Paz

I saw he was out this week because of the short week and on te road. I don't know, check into it. And no you do not bench lacy. You just can't. He has a better shot at a TD than Rainey/davis because he's on a better offence, so more RZ opportunities. It's tough sitting bell either, I would still get one of those waiver guys and try to swing one in a trade. If not just stash them on your bench, always remember....you never know with rbs. And once one goes down, they dot get past the guy with the first waiver pick. And like I said, you have an edge over your opponents even if they sit on your bench.

I'd probably drop Terrance. Not high on him. Hunter oozes potential, Randel is the biggest WR on the giants, will score tds but doesn't offer much else and the offence is horrible.

Terrance
    Randle
    Hunter
    Hopkins

That's the order in which id drop. I'd consider sitting Torrey for Hopkins this week until they figure out how to use him. Sub 1200 yd receiver last yr, the talent is there so don't give up yet. If this was my team, I get one of those waiver backs, knile first, then search out a trade for a better wr option. You can land a solid wr to go with brown garçon, plus your rbs, deadly team....sorry for the lengthy response but hope it helps

Vinnie Paz

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    I dropped Moreno to pick up Davis, do you like that move ?
    Depends who else you have. You could lose him for good, but it does get difficult to roster injured guys for mutilple weeks especially with byes here. Try and pick him back up earlier than he's due back.....if he's out say 4 weeks(hypothetical #) grab him in the 3rd week and stash him till he's back because everyone will run to grab him the week he's back. If he's out and extended time, like 2 months or something I think you did the right move, that's a long time to eat up a bench spot. But like 3 weeks or something I would've dropped someone else

daneault23

I saw he was out this week because of the short week and on te road. I don't know, check into it. And no you do not bench lacy. You just can't. He has a better shot at a TD than Rainey/davis because he's on a better offence, so more RZ opportunities. It's tough sitting bell either, I would still get one of those waiver guys and try to swing one in a trade. If not just stash them on your bench, always remember....you never know with rbs. And once one goes down, they dot get past the guy with the first waiver pick. And like I said, you have an edge over your opponents even if they sit on your bench.

I'd probably drop Terrance. Not high on him. Hunter oozes potential, Randel is the biggest WR on the giants, will score tds but doesn't offer much else and the offence is horrible.

Terrance
    Randle
    Hunter
    Hopkins

That's the order in which id drop. I'd consider sitting Torrey for Hopkins this week until they figure out how to use him. Sub 1200 yd receiver last yr, the talent is there so don't give up yet. If this was my team, I get one of those waiver backs, knile first, then search out a trade for a better wr option. You can land a solid wr to go with brown garçon, plus your rbs, deadly team....sorry for the lengthy response but hope it helps
    Vinnie thx for the response, it's helpful. Put in my waiver request last night and ended up getting only davis and dropped Randle. Might end up dropping williams and picking Randle back up now, idk. Also debating on who to start at rb this week, bell has the best match up, followed by davis and then lacy. Lacy is the best out of those 3 but hasn't done anything thus far, so torn there.

daneault23

Terrance
    Randle
    Hunter
    Hopkins

Vinnie thx for the response, it's helpful. Put in my waiver request last night and ended up getting only davis and dropped Randle. Might end up dropping williams and picking Randle back up now, idk. Also debating on who to start at rb this week, bell has the best match up, followed by davis and then lacy. Lacy is the best out of those 3 but hasn't done anything thus far, so torn there.

Vinnie Paz

Id go lacy/kniles. I know lacys numbers haven't been there but it's due to the fronts he's seen in Seattle, jets, and to be honest doesn't get easier vs the lions but you gotta stick with it. I'd imagine there'll be a lot of points in this one so Redzone/goal line opportunities should be there

Vinnie Paz

Don't think you can go wrong with either bell or davis but lacy a must start . Lean davis cause there's nobody else behind him that's a real threat and he'll get 20-25 touches

daneault23

Some tough choices this week, but I think I'm going with Lacy and Kniles and crossing my fingers. Also debating on whether or not to pick up Quick from STL as my WR3 this week, instead of my other boom or bust options. At least he's been consistent and they do face the Cowboys secondary.

Vinnie Paz

Yes! Pick up quick. Tried to grab him but someone beat me to it

daneault23

Picked up and starting Quick over Hopkins, Hunter, and Smith. Dropped Randle and Williams, hoping to pick them up in a few weeks if they start to perform like I think they will, just not doing anything at the moment. I'll probably end up dropping Miller/Gore for them depending on how they do in the next few weeks.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Kniles a great play this week.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

I would pick him up if you can get him

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I would be surprised if you could get him.

daneault23

Was kinda mad earlier when I saw that Martin was out for tonight's game and I didn't get Rainey on waivers, but it worked out since he didn't do much and didn't have much chance to do anything with that game outta hand early. Man TB's offense sucks right now.

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Was kinda mad earlier when I saw that Martin was out for tonight's game and I didn't get Rainey on waivers, but it worked out since he didn't do much and didn't have much chance to do anything with that game outta hand early. Man TB's offense sucks right now.
    Rainey fumbled twice, they had 2 other fumbles and McCown threw an INT and they gave up a special teams TD. Glennon ran the offense pretty well.

EmpireMaker

Depends who else you have. You could lose him for good, but it does get difficult to roster injured guys for mutilple weeks especially with byes here. Try and pick him back up earlier than he's due back.....if he's out say 4 weeks(hypothetical #) grab him in the 3rd week and stash him till he's back because everyone will run to grab him the week he's back. If he's out and extended time, like 2 months or something I think you did the right move, that's a long time to eat up a bench spot. But like 3 weeks or something I would've dropped someone else
    Moreno out 4 weeks +
    Have McCoy, and Greene, Doug Martin (Inj) and now Davis
    I will try to get Moreno back in 2-4 weeks if possible (can't tie up my roster for that long with an injured Moreno, even though I thought he'd have a good year)

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Moreno out 4 weeks +
    Have McCoy, and Greene, Doug Martin (Inj) and now Davis
    I will try to get Moreno back in 2-4 weeks if possible (can't tie up my roster for that long with an injured Moreno, even though I thought he'd have a good year)
    Have Miller on mia but we'll see what he does in moreno 's absence. Saw charles has been practicing last few days, wtf thought it was a high ankle sprain