Betpoints: 1636

Need a DST for this week

I need to choose a plug-in DST for this week. Here are the candidates:

Titans DST vs SD
    Bills DST @ NYJ
    Jets DST vs BUF
    Steelers DST vs CHI
    Saints vs ARI

I'm leaning Titans. I haven't paid much attention to them this year, but it seems that their defense is much improved this year. I still think SD over achieved on offense the first couple games. I could see their offense settling back down. Another plus about the Titans is that they play the Jets next week at home.

What do you guys think?

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Bills or Jets seems solid. Should be able to contain the running game well forcing either rookie QB to throw the ball. Sacks/Turnovers ect. What is the scoring system? Do you get penalized for so many pts or yds given up?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    Bills or Jets seems solid. Should be able to contain the running game well forcing either rookie QB to throw the ball. Sacks/Turnovers ect. What is the scoring system? Do you get penalized for so many pts or yds given up?
    Standard scoring. 2pts for fumble. 2pts for INT. 6pts for defensive or special teams TD. And then the normal scoring for points allowed. I think it is like 10 pts for no points allowed, 7pts for 1-6pts allowed, 4pts for 7-13pts allowed, etc.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

jets

Speedy88

Nobody thinks we see the old Philly Rivers without Malcom Floyd this week? I do think there offense looks a lot better under Mike McCoy, I just get a feeling Titans will be solid this week, and I they'll likely be a top 5 DST next week against NYJ.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i'd roll with titans next week, but rivers looks great under mccoy and eddie royal is going wild...not sure i'd want to go against them right now but hey if you are feeling it, go for it. i personally am streaming buffalo against the shitty jets, hopefully geno throws another 3 picks. mario williams also looks pretty solid this year so maybe you could get a few sacks as well

Speedy88

I'm just really pissed at myself for letting the Vikings walk right in front of me. Had the chance to scoop them up after they cleared waivers but totally forgot and someone picked them up this morning.

I haven't watched much of the Chargers. But I'm trying to figure out if their first two games on offense were a mirage or the real-deal. I'm leaning towards mirage.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

speedy in all honesty i think uve talked me into Tenn D in one of my leagues. will roll with buffalo in the other. the more I think about it, heres why I like the titans:-gregg williams is the D coordinator, we all know about his blitz schemes. the chargers o-line is pretty subpar as well-chargers caught houston in their mnf home opener in the first half. houston then shut them down completely in the 2nd. -in week 2 they torched an eagles D that we know sucks, but lost floyd most likely.-this will be the 2nd straight game where they have to travel east.-huge letdown spot after the fast paced comeback win against philly.I like it. The only worry I have is last year the titans were at the bottom of the league against TE. gates has looked good for SD this year. but they don't have much of a run game which helps

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I'd got with Jets. Tough call though, not really too excited about any of those teams this week.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

why the Jets over the bills, and not vice versa? the jets D isnt anything special and ej manuel has at least looked serviceable

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I picked up the Vikings in my main league this morning and the Jets in the SBR league. Wanted Vikings or Bills in SBR League, but were snagged up already. So I went with Jets.

Though choice between Bills and Jets, but EJ has looked better then Geno.

I also like the Titans, and the Chargers have been traveling all over the country these last two weeks. Plus solid match-up in Week 4. I will try and get them for my main league for Week 4.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I also like the Titans, and the Chargers have been traveling all over the country these last two weeks. Plus solid match-up in Week 4. I will try and get them for my main league for Week 4.
    Then again, the Vikings play the Steelers in Week 4, so I could just hold on to the Vikings.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

I would use the jets over the others .

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

well shit, wishing i went with the chiefs...dropped them for the titans DOH...do you guys think they are the real deal this year? should I be using a waiver pick on them?

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    well shit, wishing i went with the chiefs...dropped them for the titans DOH...do you guys think they are the real deal this year? should I be using a waiver pick on them?
    That sucks. I didn't even contemplate KC DST. I still haven't made up my mind. I'm contemplating between Jets DST and Titans DST. I can't make up my mind. Everyone's rankings (ESPN, cbssports, fftoday, etc.) have Titans in the bottom 10 for DST's this week, which has me a bit hesitant. I haven't watched much of Tennessee this year, but there defense seems much improved, why the low rankings?

Jets DST seems like a safer bet, Titans DST seems to have the higher-risk/reward.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    Damn!

Like Speedy, KC didn't even cross my mind. With that "High Pace" offense of the Eagles.

Same old Eagles, and same old Vick.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

same here, I was going to stash KC since they have looked good and have a decent upcoming schedule...but I dropped them to get the Titans D. I do feel good about the Titans this week and next week against the jets, but its hard not to like KC defense right now...so many playmakers

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

I'll be rolling with the Titans

Speedy88

DJ Fluker officially ruled out for tomorrow's game. Huge for Titans DST.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Bills are the play the Jets offense is awful

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Titans. 2 east coast games in 2 weeks for San Diego.