C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Draft stratagies and alternative draft stratagies

Running backs, Running backs, Running backs. You have to take a running back. Some guys take this to the extreme and draft running backs with each of their first 4 picks. The 3rd and 4th guys could be RBBC guys on their real teams that might not even get to play for your fantasy team. Meanwhile some starters are going to get hurt and people will go to the waiver wire to get an Alfred Morris type guy. Undrafted, 1st round production type RB.

What about taking Calvin Johnson in round 1, or also Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Julio very high?

People say that WR is very deep. I'd disagree. There are a handful of super elite guys, maybe 15 really good guys and then everybody is kind of the same and it doesn't matter.

PLUS WR's have a much better health record than RBs.

The guy that drafts Calvin Johnson has a great chance at getting elite level WR production. The guy that drafts Jamal Charles, Alfred Morris, Steven Jackson or Frank Gore might not get very good RB production.

So what happens if you draft Calvin Johnson, or what happens if you were even crazier to draft Calvin Johnson & AJ Green with your first two picks. You know you will have the best WRs in fantasy football. Then you could roll the dice on a bunch of other guys.

Let's say you got Reggie Bush or David Wilson with your next pick, maybe you get Bradshaw or Richardson. If those guys pan out then your team is looking real good.

How many guys are going to draft RB's in rounds 1 & 2 and they will get hurt and their receivers won't be that great? If I know I have Calvin Johnson and AJ Green I am filling up my bench with RB lottery tickets. Some will be worthless but some will pan out and I get to play match ups.

Plus there is almost always an Alfred Morris type on the waiver wire. It happens every year. If you get that guy it greatly improves your team. Fill out your roster and roll the dice at RB which is all a giant crap shoot anyway.

C-Gold

People also say that QB is very deep. I agree, there are a lot of good players.

But if you "just take Romo late", don't you just hate it when you are playing Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees? Having the top QBs is worth something. But yes, this year is not like other years where there was a real monopoly at the top.

mjag21
    Update your status
    mjag21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8125

Don't like taking calvin this year... had him last year and lots of his points came in the 4th quarter when teams were playing prevent because the lions were losing. If the lions had leads those games, calvins production would have not nearly what it was. With 15 solid rbs this year, I really feel you need to do rb-rb, unless you miss out on those guys. If that happens then you take rb-wr-wr and pray for some help with the rb in the 4th.

As for qb, I am stuck, because i would love to take one in the 4th if someone like brady or kapernick falls... If not I will wait until the 5th or 6th for Ryan or Stafford.

C-Gold

I think I want Peyton Manning in round 4, or maybe RG3 in round 7 along with a good backup.

I don't want Brees/Rodgers in round 2.

I don't want Tom Brady, Colin Kapernick or Russell Wilson at all.

I'd take Matt Ryan or Cam Newton if I get good value. I am not in love with Matt Ryan in round 4 but I've done it in mocks.