TE A. Gates

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Not even close to that yet. Soon hopefully.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

How did Ryan Mathews get on that team.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Crazy! I'm starting to get the itch again as well.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Can't wait for the season to start!!!

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Too early to even think about NFL fantasy football. There will be too many injuries during August

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Small timers and rooks aren't thinking about fantasy football now. Big timers started long ago

LT Profits

I like the "Rate Your Team" feature after the draft is over, except that I suspect the comments are based on Standard scoring and not PPR.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Haven't messed with mocks yet. Probably this week.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Haven't messed with mocks yet. Probably this week.
    I just started Friday and already did about 15 of them using different strategies. It seems top QBs are slipping much later in the draft than ever, you could now get guys like Rodgers/Brees in Round 4 and even Brady in Round 6!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I just started Friday and already did about 15 of them using different strategies. It seems top QBs are slipping much later in the draft than ever, you could now get guys like Rodgers/Brees in Round 4 and even Brady in Round 6!
    Yea, it's been very RB heavy early. It's almost boring because of the predictability.

In PPR leagues you can try to come away with two WRs in the top 3 rounds and then try to piece together your Rbs later. I actually kinda like this strategy provided I can get Calvin Johnson.

Depending on your league, there's usually not a big difference in point value between the #1 Qb and #10 Qb, but in my opinion there's something to be said about getting a consistent Qb. You can make an argument against nearly every Qb outside of Rodgers, Brees, Ryan and maybe Manning but even Manning has that injury

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

QB is crazy deep this season, best to hold off on them until the middle or later rounds for sure.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Not sure what mock's you've been in, but Rodgers and Brees are off the board by the end of round 2 in every mock I've been in. I have seen Peyton, Cam and Brady slipping fairly far.

But overall RB's are being eaten up early it seems like. My strategy is to load up and get 3 RB's in the first 4 rounds.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Not sure what mock's you've been in, but Rodgers and Brees are off the board by the end of round 2 in every mock I've been in. I have seen Peyton, Cam and Brady slipping fairly far.

But overall RB's are being eaten up early it seems like. My strategy is to load up and get 3 RB's in the first 4 rounds.
    Not in PPR. I have taken Rodgers in Round 4 twice myself.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

You can see the ADP for each type of league. Rodgers is going in the 2nd round of non-PPR, early 3rd in PPR.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp_ppr.php

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

You can see the ADP for each type of league. Rodgers is going in the 2nd round of non-PPR, early 3rd in PPR.

I still think Rogers, Brady and Brees goes first round in my main league.

Cool with me!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Think guys are going to really reach on rb's early when after the top 3 guys, for the most part they appear interchangeable.

If you are taking Vereen, you may as well take Ridley too.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Think guys are going to really reach on rb's early when after the top 3 guys, for the most part they appear interchangeable.

If you are taking Vereen, you may as well take Ridley too.
    vereen and ridley will be getting a lot of touches this year I would take either one of them or both

LT Profits

Right, AVERAGE 3rd round in PPR, but I have seen him slip to 4th quite a few times and he is not always the first QB taken (50/50 with Brees). What is more amazing to me is seeing Brady in Round 6 a lot.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    vereen and ridley will be getting a lot of touches this year I would take either one of them or both
    I'd take both mid draft. The only concern being BB will yank Ridley if he coughs up fumbles early.

LT Profits

I did three more mocks Monday night and I got Peyton Manning in Round 5 in the first two and Tom Brady in Round 5 in the last. In first draft, Rodgers was last pick of second round (2.12), Brees was 3.8. In second draft, Rodgers and Brees BOTH went in 4th round, with me getting snaked on Brees (4.9) as he went immediately before me at 4.10. The last draft went Brees 3.9, Rodgers 4.9, Manning 4.10. Incredibly the last two were right before me at 4.11, where I would have taken either one at the spot because Team #1 had no QB. At that point I opted to choose from Brady/Ryan at 5.2, so still not too bad.

Speedy88

I did three more mocks Monday night and I got Peyton Manning in Round 5 in the first two and Tom Brady in Round 5 in the last. In first draft, Rodgers was last pick of second round (2.12), Brees was 3.8. In second draft, Rodgers and Brees BOTH went in 4th round, with me getting snaked on Brees (4.9) as he went immediately before me at 4.10. The last draft went Brees 3.9, Rodgers 4.9, Manning 4.10. Incredibly the last two were right before me at 4.11, where I would have taken either one at the spot because Team #1 had no QB. At that point I opted to choose from Brady/Ryan at 5.2, so still not too bad.
    Where do you mock at? I've mocked close to 15 times on ESPN and I've never seen Brees or Rodgers reach the 3rd round. Not saying I don't believe you, just wondering why the discrepancy.

LT Profits

Where do you mock at? I've mocked close to 15 times on ESPN and I've never seen Brees or Rodgers reach the 3rd round. Not saying I don't believe you, just wondering why the discrepancy.
    ESPN mocks suck because they are not PPR specific, or specific toward any format at all, so you have guys in the same draft drafting for different types of leagues! I use fantasyfootballcalculator, they are the best I have seen for mocks because you can choose between Standard and PPR/Flex. I always use PPR.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I'm going to have to check out FFCalculator. I play mostly PPR, and to mock that way would be a plus.

LT Profits

I'm going to have to check out FFCalculator. I play mostly PPR, and to mock that way would be a plus.
    And mock drafting is free, no need for any of their pay stuff. And I love the "Rate My Team" feature.

Speedy88

Only thing I don't like about fantasyfootballcalculator is that their "standard" league draft is set-up with 3WR's rather than 2 WR's and a Flex. My league uses FLEX, so neither draft type (standard or ppr) really fits my needs.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Only thing I don't like about fantasyfootballcalculator is that their "standard" league draft is set-up with 3WR's rather than 2 WR's and a Flex. My league uses FLEX, so neither draft type (standard or ppr) really fits my needs.
    That might be a problem for me too. My main league is 2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX. Unless the PPR setting goes my way.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

That might be a problem for me too. My main league is 2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX. Unless the PPR setting goes my way.
    Just went to the site, and the PPR format is the way I need it. Well they do have TE in the FLEX, but not that big of a deal.

Speedy88

Just went to the site, and the PPR format is the way I need it. Well they do have TE in the FLEX, but not that big of a deal.
    Same here, the PPR format is what I need too, but my league isn't PPR. I wish they would just make a third lobby for standard leagues with the 2RB, 2WR, FLEX format.

The ESPN mock's have the format I need, I'm just going to continue using their mock's.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Same here, the PPR format is what I need too, but my league isn't PPR. I wish they would just make a third lobby for standard leagues with the 2RB, 2WR, FLEX format.

The ESPN mock's have the format I need, I'm just going to continue using their mock's.
    That should of read, do not have TE in the FLEX.

I'm going to mix up some Yahoo mocks too.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    I'd take both mid draft. The only concern being BB will yank Ridley if he coughs up fumbles early.
    I hope Ridley doesn't have that same problem he does put the ball on the ground a lot. side note first time ever yesterday BB had to actually talk during a press conference, well more than just yes. no.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yeah, fantasyfootballcalculator works great..