EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR Fantasy Tennis Coalition: Official Section One Thread

Visit the blog for updates in scoring, standings, etc. during the season.
    http://sbrftc.blogspot.com/

Here are the rules. Another thread will be made for the draft to be held this Friday, January 4th.

SBR FTC Rules & Format: Draft/Rosters

SECTION 1: SYDNEY/AUCKLAND/HOBART - MIAMI
    (JAN.6th - April 1st)

ENTRY FEE: 40 betpoints/6 points kept by EP36 for clerical work

DRAFT: FRIDAY, JANUARY 4th via SBR FORUM

DRAFT FORMAT
    There are 15 players participating in this first section. The draft will be a snake draft. It will go 1-15 and then wind backwards from 15-1 and keep going until all participants have filled out their nine player roster. The draft will be held in a thread @ the SBR Forum in the Tennis Sub-forum. Players will have a maximum of 45 minutes to make each selection. It is likely that most will be online and the draft will go much quicker, but this also allows us all to do our real life things without having to be planted in front of our computers. Participants will be notified either via PM or E-MAIL that their pick is "on the clock." You will be required to submit an E-MAIL address prior to the draft so that you can be contacted one of two ways with no excuses. FAILURE to post your draft pick within the 45 minute time frame will result in your spot being SKIPPED. Any picks that are skipped WILL NOT be filled until the entire draft is completed. Therefore, it is very important to have a valid E-MAIL address and/or PMs enabled @ SBR to get the latest draft information.

A draft thread will be created by EaglesPhan36 on the day of the draft - January 4th. All picks MUST BE MADE in this thread. Any picks sent via E-MAIL or PM will not be executed. This is to ensure fairness and for everyone else to know which players are off the board.

ROSTER
    Each participant's roster will consist of nine players. Five will be starters each week and four will comprise your bench. You are required to draft at least two WTA [women's] players. You may draft a MAXIMUM of three WTA players. The other six should be ATP [men's players].

Your weekly roster will require five starters: FOUR ATP/ONE WTA
    If you do not submit a new roster at the beginning of the next week of action, your previous' week's roster will remain in-play for that week. Roster changes will be due at a time determined by EP36 each week. This time will be posted on this blog. Any changes submitted after the deadline will not be executed.

FREE AGENT PICK-UPS
    Free agent pick-ups will be a first come, first serve opportunity. Rather than use a complex order each week, I'd like to try this system out and see if it works. Each week, a post will be made on the Blog Only for Free Agent pick-ups once the first matches for a given week have begun. You may ONLY make your Free Agent requests via the Blog by submitting a comment below the Free Agency Post with your SBR Name, The Player you are adding and the player you are dropping. You may only make ONE free agent pick-up per day. That is in the pursuit of fairness by not letting someone come in and scoop up 3-4 players at a time. Therefore, if you want to pick up multiple players in a week, you will have to do it on separate days. I will post under each comment when a Free Agent request has been granted. Once a player has been dropped, they are fair game to be picked up by anyone else. Each Free Agent pick-up will cost TWO betpoints that will go into the overall prize pool. You must make your payment for Free Agents to EP36 in the official season long thread for the SBR FTC @ SBR. If payment is not made before the beginning of the next scoring period, your free agent pick-up will be voided.

SBR FTC Rules & Format: Scoring

SCORING
    Scoring will be done on a weekly basis with updates made to the Blog site upon completion of the Championship matches for the week. Most updates should be complete by the end of business on Sunday evenings.

WTA SCORING
    Match Wins: 10 points
    Straight Set Wins: 5 points
    Qualifying Match Wins: 1 point

Quarterfinal Appearance: 3 points
    Semifinal Apperance: 6 points
    Finals Appearance: 12 points
    Tournament Title: 25 points
    Match Losses: -4 points
    Qualifying Match Losses: -1 point
    *1st Match Loss: -6 points

WTA PREMIER SCORING (Indian Wells/Miami)
    Match Wins: 20 points
    Straight Set Wins: 10 points
    Qualifying Match Wins: 2 point
    Quarterfinal Appearance: 6 points
    Semifinal Apperance: 12 points
    Finals Appearance: 24 points
    Tournament Title: 50 points
    Match Losses: -8 points
    Qualifying Match Losses: -2 point

*1st Match Loss: -12 points

*The first match played by a player in the MAIN DRAW only will counted as their first match regardless of the round it is played in. Only the 1st match loss deduction will be counted, your player will not be deducted for a match loss and a 1st round loss.

ATP SCORING (250s)
    Match Wins: 10 points
    Straight Set Wins: 5 points
    Qualifying Match Wins: 1 point
    Quarterfinal Appearance: 3 points
    Semifinal Apperance: 6 points
    Finals Appearance: 12 points
    Tournament Title: 25 points

Match Losses: -4 points
    Qualifying Match Losses: -1 point

*1st Match Loss: -6 points

ATP SCORING (500s)
    Match Wins: 15 points
    Straight Set Wins: 7.5 points
    Qualifying Match Wins: 1.5 point
    Quarterfinal Appearance: 4.5 points
    Semifinal Apperance: 9 points
    Finals Appearance: 18 points
    Tournament Title: 37.5 points

Match Losses: -6 points
    Qualifying Match Losses: -1.5 point

*1st Match Loss: -9 points

ATP SCORING (MASTERS)
    Match Wins: 20 points
    Straight Set Wins: 10 points
    Qualifying Match Wins: 2 point
    Quarterfinal Appearance: 6 points
    Semifinal Apperance: 12 points
    Finals Appearance: 24 points
    Tournament Title: 50 points

Match Losses: -8 points
    Qualifying Match Losses: -2 point

*1st Match Loss: -12 points

ATP/WTA GRAND SLAM SCORING
    Match Wins: 30 points
    Straight Set Wins: 15 points for WTA/20 for ATP
    Qualifying Match Wins: 3 point
    Quarterfinal Appearance: 20 points
    Semifinal Apperance: 30 points
    Finals Appearance: 40 points
    Tournament Title: 100 points

Match Losses: -12 points
    Qualifying Match Losses: -3 points

*1st Match Loss: -18 points

ATP/WTA SCORING
    Winning Back-2-Back Titles: 75 points
    Beating a Higher Seeded Player in any tournament: 7 points per win

*Any player who wins back-2-back titles in successive weeks will earn this in addition to the usual points for the tournament title.
    Points Awarded:

Jrod124 gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sharp Snake gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jrod124 gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jrod124 gave EaglesPhan36 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shari91 gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Nobody should be allowed to have Djokovic. That would level the playing field because you know whoever has the first pick is taking him. That's a massive advantage don't you think? I guess not. Maybe. I don't know.

EaglesPhan36

No different than any other fantasy sport. Albert Pujols for years was so far ahead of the field in baseball, but it doesn't guarantee you win. You still have four other slots that may suck and Djokovic might be your only source for points. Look at the overall picture last year as well - he won one Slam and wasn't the magic act of 2011. Easily could be someone else who comes along and rips things up. Obviously the high draft picks get you premium players, but you also have to wait a long time to get another selection. So you might have the #1 player and your next guy is #50.

Since I took two more entries today, I may reverse the starting-bench order and go with FOUR STARTERS and a FIVE PLAYER bench since a lot of players will be drafted now. Will update that prior to the draft.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Because of the time difference I may have to rely on an auto draft depending on what time you make it. I'll try my best to be there though. Just don't want to be the one inconveniencing anyone else.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Because of the time difference I may have to rely on an auto draft depending on what time you make it. I'll try my best to be there though. Just don't want to be the one inconveniencing anyone else.
    Maybe we can nominate one of the other players to pick for us in order if we can't make it...

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Great job on this EP.Wish I could play, but will be fun to see who comes out on top.Shari, can we get odds in the SBR book for this? Hell we have JJ gold futures available on wigs and baldness,this should be a snap.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Great job on this EP.Wish I could play, but will be fun to see who comes out on top.Shari, can we get odds in the SBR book for this? Hell we have JJ gold futures available on wigs and baldness,this should be a snap.
    I bet Yisman or Trytrytry would be happy to offer odds.

Who you thinking of backing Beef?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I can try..........

But there's only like 10-15 of us even going to be involved. Hard to convince them to make a line for that I think. Prob better to go to one of those river rat bookies, no? xo

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I'm trying to find the willpower to read this.....can't....do...it

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

No way SBR would ever make a line. Can't even get these people to give us tennis lines anymore.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Can you ditch the WTA players, it's like you are allowing us to draft WNBA players in an NBA draft. Just ATP would be sweet! Just my opinion, thanks.

EaglesPhan36

How would we do with a late-night Saturday draft instead? Going to send PMs, but if you see this first - let me know. Trying to do what's best for everyone. This also might allow shari to participate.

EaglesPhan36

UPDATE
    In hearing back from some of you on potentially moving the draft to Saturday, it seems the issues are still hit & miss with people being around. I think I have a solution that will help everyone get their chance to draft their actual teams without anyone missing or having to try to "auto draft" something.

What I am proposing is pushing the start of our season to coincide with the beginning of the Australian Open on January 14th. We were only set to try and squeeze next week's tournaments in, so instead of rushing it for that - my idea is still do the draft via PM/E-MAIL with a thread dedicated to it where it will start Friday night [January 4th and finish whenever it finishes next week, over the weekend, whenever. There will be no time limit on selecting your pick, I will PM/E-MAIL the current person who is "on the clock" and they will post their pick in the thread. I am hoping most can make their selections relatively quickly, but understand due to time zone differences, etc. that there will be lulls in the draft where hours may go by between picks.

It may take a while this way, but this should also allow everyone to be happy with their actual team selection, I hope. I found a random draft order generator online - so what I will need from everyone is their e-mail address so that the generated report can be sent to each person to prove its authenticity. I will be PM-ing this information also, but if you don't mind posting your e-mail address here, then do so. If you do, PM it to me if you've read this.

EaglesPhan36

Just bumping this so anyone who has not seen it yet can.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Sounds good

DoubleRedDragon
    DoubleRedDragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

cool

EaglesPhan36

Don't forget to get me those e-mail addresses.

EaglesPhan36

Check your PM boxes if you haven't had a chance to read about the draft in this thread. For those who have sent me your e-mail addresses, thanks! Still waiting on some to get me theirs ... so the draft remains on hold until then. I am hoping we can get this started some time tomorrow. The draft order again will be sent to your e-mail address just to confirm its authenticity in generating a random order. I will be sending PMs otherwise to let everyone know the latest and how you go about making your selections! Thanks for your patience.

Optional

gotcha

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

maybe i have just skipped over this...but I take it that we will just have a random draft order? 1-20 for ex. and then reverse? or maybe we could pick something arbitrary to get the draft order like betpoints or date of joining SBR.

Optional

Best to just give everyone a number and let a RNG pick the order I think.

http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    UPDATE
    It may take a while this way, but this should also allow everyone to be happy with their actual team selection, I hope. I found a random draft order generator online - so what I will need from everyone is their e-mail address so that the generated report can be sent to each person to prove its authenticity. I will be PM-ing this information also, but if you don't mind posting your e-mail address here, then do so. If you do, PM it to me if you've read this.
    I guess people skipped right over reading this part.

EaglesPhan36

Okay, I still need e-mail addresses for:

Blax0r
    Tsonga
    Ms.Degen
    takzilla

Can't proceed to the draft until I have these, so please get these in ASAP!

Optional

I guess people skipped right over reading this part.
    Busted!

EaglesPhan36

Just updating. I have given the last few people I have been waiting on for e-mail addresses until this afternoon to get them to me or get passed over for the league. We will be getting the draft underway this evening one way or the other. Rules, etc. will be sent via PM and a new thread will be started exclusively for the draft.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

No different than any other fantasy sport. Albert Pujols for years was so far ahead of the field in baseball, but it doesn't guarantee you win. You still have four other slots that may suck and Djokovic might be your only source for points. Look at the overall picture last year as well - he won one Slam and wasn't the magic act of 2011. Easily could be someone else who comes along and rips things up. Obviously the high draft picks get you premium players, but you also have to wait a long time to get another selection. So you might have the #1 player and your next guy is #50.

Since I took two more entries today, I may reverse the starting-bench order and go with FOUR STARTERS and a FIVE PLAYER bench since a lot of players will be drafted now. Will update that prior to the draft.
    Lol this is so wrong, in regards to comparing Djokovic fantasy value to Pujols

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post

Lol this is so wrong, in regards to comparing Djokovic fantasy value to Pujols
    Whoever gets Djoko will get 30th pick as his 2nd draft choice.

I got him last time EP did something like this and never had a hope.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Yea Djoko, Fed, Murray and Ferrer sorta ruin the fun of this but still good nonetheless

EaglesPhan36

I've given our three stragglers one last shot to get their e-mail addresses to me. 6pm ET deadline tonight. So for everyone else, you should be getting details on the draft and its format probably about an hour after that around 7pm ET. Remember, this draft is going to last several days likely with NO TIME LIMIT on your draft pick, so don't freak out if you're not going to be around for a while at some point. I expect that will be the case for everyone at some time during the process, but that is why I want to start this now - so we can be done by the end of the week if things go really slow.

Optional

I'm having some difficulty getting my pro renewal approved. Apparently I don't show up as a B365 referral, or something like that. I only got a canned email saying it was denied. And no response so far to my query about why.

I'll get it sorted out or deposit at another book to get it done if i have to do that. But can I pay you once I am pro again please?

EaglesPhan36

That's fine.

EaglesPhan36

Working on the e-mail list right now. Sorry this took a little longer, got busy with other things as well. I will be sending out PMs as well, but check your e-mail tonight for draft order. Make sure you check your spam folder, it might wind up there. I will post the order in the thread I open for the draft, but in case you want to see it's authentic - check your e-mail. I will try to do all other communication via PM to make it simple.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

A suggestion for the future if this takes off. Between the second and third drafts (and from then on) allow 1-2 'keepers' where keeping them costs you the pick in the round you took them... so if I got Bouchard for example in the 6th round, I could elect to keep her and forfeit my next 6th round pick (and each after that as long as I keep her).

EaglesPhan36

For the coming week again there are only two WTA tournaments. Making the best out of a short week, so please PM me the two WTA players on your roster that you'd like to start this week or list them here. You may or may not have players participating, so you might check the draws for both events.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Only have one on the roster who's playing this week: J.Goerges

1234 ... Last