the scab man
    the scab man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

fantasy playoff question!

So I got the #1 seed in my league, and the rule is if u get the #1 seed u choose who u want to face in the 1st round of the playoffs....its a standard ESPN scoring league, NOT a PPR....who would u choose to face?

Team 1:
    QB: Peyton Manning @ OAK
    RB: Chris Johnson @ IND
    RB: Lynch vs ARI
    WR: Welker vs HOU
    WR: Wallace vs SD (if Big Ben plays)
    TE: Witten @ CIN
    FLEX: Moreno @ OAK
    D/ST: (Im not sure, he has texans D but he will more than likely pick another 1 up)
    K: Tucker @ WSH
    POSSIBLE BENCH PLAYERS: Fitzgerald @ SEA, Greg Jennings vs DET, Reece vs DEN (if McFaddens out)

Team 2:
    QB: Ryan @ CAR
    RB: Martin vs PHI
    RB: Spiller vs STL
    WR: Bryant @ CIN
    WR: T.Y Hilton vs TEN
    TE: Gresham vs DAL
    FLEX: Julio Jones @ CAR
    D/ST: Broncos D/ST @ OAK
    K: Shayne Graham @ NE
    POSSIBLE BENCH PLAYERS: McFadden vs DEN (if healthy), Denario Alexander @ PIT

Team 3:
    QB: Rodgers vs DET
    RB: Gore vs MIA
    RB: Forte @ MIN
    WR: Andre Johnson @ NE
    WR: Torrey Smith @ WSH
    TE: Daniels @ NE
    FLEX: Leshoure @ GB
    D/ST: Bears D/ST @ MIN
    K: Barth vs PHI
    POSSIBLE BENCH PLAYERS: Austin @ CIN, James Jones vs DET, Maclin @ TB, Santana Moss vs BAL, Jones-Drew vs NYJ (if healthy)

The only type of mismatching i can have is that I have Schaub as my QB, so if I picked team #3 he has Andre and Daniels. I think im deciding between team #2 and 3 and im leaning towards team #2. I don't think I would go against team #1 because of the easy matchups he has this week. What do you guys think? Any info would be reallll helpful thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by the scab man; 12-03-12 at 11:47 PM.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

I think I would choose to play against #1, although I think he will play jennings instead of wallace. Colts aren't as good on the road, Lynch and Welker don't have the best matchups

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

I would go up against team #2. Pretty much think that Ryan will not have that great of a game. No reason for ATL to air it out this week.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I'd go against #2, the biggest hesitation I'd have with that team is Martin vs Philly. Their rushing D kinda sucks and I think they've mailed it in which could lead to a big week for Martin.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough call here. If it were up to me, I'd choose to go against Team #2.

Congrats on finishing #1! Best of Luck in the postseason!

Stack-N-Chips
    Stack-N-Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

All 3 look tuff to beat, but I would take my chances with team 2

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Cool league concept. Tough call. I'd actually go up against Team 3. Miami is pretty good against the run, they might be able to keep Gore in check. LeShoure is the weakest flex play of all those teams. Torrey is pretty inconsistent, good chance Flacco's poor road performance will affect Torrey Smith. I wouldn't be too worried about Bears DST, they've really struggled the past two weeks and are really banged up.

Team 2 looks the strongest to me. Julio has put up monster numbers on the road this season. Good chance Doug Martin is the #1 scoring RB this week. I'd expect 150+ total yards with 1-2 TD's. Good chance he plays DMC, takes out TY Hilton, and moves Julio to his WR2.

the scab man

thanks for all the input guys i really do appreciate it, im going to pick team 2....hopefully it pays off!

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!
    ericthegangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would pick team #2. Teams 1 and 3 have some potent players that can explode on you. Team #2 just doesnt look scary at all to me.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Cool league concept. Tough call. I'd actually go up against Team 3. Miami is pretty good against the run, they might be able to keep Gore in check. LeShoure is the weakest flex play of all those teams. Torrey is pretty inconsistent, good chance Flacco's poor road performance will affect Torrey Smith. I wouldn't be too worried about Bears DST, they've really struggled the past two weeks and are really banged up.

Team 2 looks the strongest to me. Julio has put up monster numbers on the road this season. Good chance Doug Martin is the #1 scoring RB this week. I'd expect 150+ total yards with 1-2 TD's. Good chance he plays DMC, takes out TY Hilton, and moves Julio to his WR2.
    Phew, i hate those games that finish within a point. Your going to have to sweat it out until Thursday when scores go final.

the scab man

Tell me about it speedy! I'm gna b doing exactly that