onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Week 11 - Hot Waiver adds?

Is it me, or is it just a bunch of QB, Kicker and Defense fill-ins?

Plus a lot of the pickings are getting thin, with injuries adding up. Especially in deeper leagues.

I already own Marcel Reece and I'm not sold on Danario Alexander just yet. If D.Alexander clears waivers tonight, I might pick him up to wait and see.

I'm looking to get the Rams Defense. For this week (Jets), and next week (Cardinals). Two other defense to consider are the Bengals and the Buccaneers.

So who is on your radar for this week?

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Danario Alexander is a beast. Tall, fast, could be a fantasy star for the remainder of the season if he avoids his infamous injuries... But with the season coming to a close, there is less downside to losing him to an injury. I don't think there's any way he clears waivers in a league that has at least a few people who know what's going on. Certainly worth an add.

Here's my issue though... In one of my leagues, I have the 1st waiver spot, and I want Beanie Wells. It looks like he's a lock to play in week 12, but I'm not waiting another week to claim him - it's gotta be this week. I think I'm going to use my first waiver choice on Alexander and then use my next claim on Wells (and gamble that he won't be taken by any of the other 11 owners).

Anyone think this is a safe choice or should I just go ahead and scoop up Wells for sure?
    Last edited by ramones951; 11-13-12 at 10:51 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Do you really think B.Wells will produce behind that awful offensive line? He didn't the few games he played, and the others after him haven't fared to well. I guess if you really need a RB down the stretch, he is worth a add. But I just think he will struggle, just as any Cardinal RB.

Someone in my league picked him up last week. So if you want him, you better get him this week.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Cedric Benson can return Week 14, and is suppose to shed his walking boot next week. He is someone to keep a eye on. He was doing well before going down, unlike the other two clowns Alex Green and James Starks.

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Do you really think B.Wells will produce behind that awful offensive line? He didn't the few games he played, and the others after him haven't fared to well. I guess if you really need a RB down the stretch, he is worth a add. But I just think he will struggle, just as any Cardinal RB.

Someone in my league picked him up last week. So if you want him, you better get him this week.
    He wouldn't start for me right away, but I think he has a lot of upside. The games he played in several weeks ago aren't a big enough sample size to determine if he can produce this year - plus those games were against what turned out to be 3 formidable run defenses. We've seen what he can do in previous seasons so the talent is there. Definitely worth a stash, I'll kick myself if I don't claim him and he turns in a few good games.

He claims to be feeling really good after his recovery time; don't underestimate what fresh legs could do at this point in the season...

And since my main goal in this league is to just get into the playoffs, his matchups over the next 3 weeks are favorable: Against 26th, 19th, and 22nd ranked fantasy run defenses.

Not to mention, he's a beast at the goal line!

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I'm looking to get the Rams Defense. For this week (Jets), and next week (Cardinals). Two other defense to consider are the Bengals and the Buccaneers.
    I'm deciding whether to just roll with the Broncos D/ST or go with the Rams or Bengals. Broncos also play KC in week 12 so I might just hold onto to them.

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    I'm deciding whether to just roll with the Broncos D/ST or go with the Rams or Bengals. Broncos also play KC in week 12 so I might just hold onto to them.
    Hold onto them! They've been money....

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

I'm undecided on Alexander. We have quite a few WR available actually. I have a claim for Heyward-Bey to spot start this week.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

I like Alexander, I think he will be good for the rest of the year. I don't want anything to do with Wells.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I claimed Alexander in a bunch of leagues. I agree that Wells is a stiff, I wanted no part of him on draft day so why should I want him now? He was always overrated even when he was supposedly "good".

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Jacquizz Rodgers if he's available, Donald Jones, Bengals D, Cowboys D

ramones951

Beanie Wells could easily be a low-end RB2 or very strong flex, regardless of being overrated in 'reality football' or not. Not very often you can claim on waivers a proven starting RB (presumably no timeshare) who rushed for over 1000 yards and 10 TD's last year, and is reportedly in good shape.

Mediocre O-Line or not, sign me up

Look at the worst player on your bench right now... are they worth being kept over Wells?

Seems +EV to me....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

No one claimed D.Alexander. So I got him without using a waiver pick. I also picked up the Rams Defense.

Bengals Defense still sitting out there, but went with Rams Defense. Still thinking about the two though.

Quizz is owned in my league.

There isn't that much out there. I just got the hottest WR in D.Alexander, and have the hottest RB from last week in M.Reece.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I think it'll be a light week this week, maybe Mendenhall if he was ever dropped.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Wells is a joke. Can't believe anyone would waste a roster spot on that guy.

Alexander had one good catch, I'm not convinced he's the next hot WR.

I picked up Bengals D this week. Let's hope the Chiefs go back to their TO prone ways this week...

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

what about pierre garcon? shot in the dark, but maybe his owner got frustrated and dropped him...they are rumoring that he could be good to go this weekend and RG3 will finally have a real WR target haha

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Onlooker needs to be the SBR fantasy moderator.

You do about 10x the job that titywarrior ever did
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: onlooker

ramones951

I got both Alexander and Wells. We'll see how things play out

ramones951

Beanie