Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Fantasy Football: Biggest mistakes you made this year...

I just realized I had a REALLY good draft. I traded away Decker, Welker, and Trent Richardson in 3 separate trades for Greene, Andre Johnson, and Hakeem Nicks. If I kept those 3 my lineup would be sick with Rice/Richardson/Spiller and Decker/Welker/Washington....Regrets...

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Before the season started I said I was going to take high-risk/high-reward players. I now fully regret that decision. Drafted DMC and DeMarco Murray in the first two rounds. Neither performed well when they were healthy, and both are now injured and have no timetable when they will return.

Definitely regret Maclin too.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

looks like demarco murray has to be

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

ive made over 20 trades this year, at the time they were good on paper but now not so much...just to name a few:

last week, traded b marshall for ray rice (still like that trade) which cost me a win with the difference of their points (marshall 30, rice 15)

early on i traded chris johnson for alf morris and benjarvus...which was a great trade at the time until i turned around and traded morris for d. bowe, that one still hurts

traded andre brown for ben tate (doh)

passed on trading cedric benson for ryan mathews, then two days later benson goes down for the year

traded benjarvus and mike wallace for donald brown and steven jackson early in the year (of course donald brown a day later gets knee surgery, and then the rams decide to timeshare sjax)

traded luck and dwyer for cj2k (again) and cutler, which actually didnt work out too bad until...
    traded romo/cj2k/turner for tom brady and shonn greene (last week, but both were on bye which in hindsight was dumb...but i did this trade on friday after san diego D got me 25 points and i was looking good for the win...this was the same time i traded marshall for rice)

so many trades that seemed good at the time just blew up in my face. reason why im 3-6 this year, but i do have a sliver of hope because the best team is 5-3 in my league and there are a whole lot of 4 and 5 win teams...thank god for parity this year...if i win out my final 4 games convincingly i may have a shot...and this is the lineup i have going forward

tom brady
    miles austin/d bowe/stevie johnson (start 3wr)
    ray rice/shonn greene (start 2rb)
    tony gonzalez
    demarco murray? (1 flex...got him off waivers but he has yet to play..)
    instead of murray in the flex, it looks like emmanuel sanders or titus young right now...
    justin tucker K
    san diego D

sorry for the long story haha but this season has been a frustrating one (11th place)

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

No trades to regret, but I do regret taking Eli before people like Matt Ryan and Peyton. He now rides the pine.

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10836

d murray dez and maclin. who knew? wtf. hit a homerun with adrian in one league though.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

wquine me too man! adrian peterson wow who wouldve thought...in my smaller money league (obviously) im doing much better at 6-3 and i have an easy matchup coming up, hoping for 7-3...in that league i just kinda kept it on the backburner, only made free agent pickups when i had to (got lucky on some though) and didnt make any trades...my lineup there,

brady
    steve smith/stevie j (2wr)
    a peterson, cj2k (2 rb)
    a gates
    cj spiller (1 flex)
    vikings D
    daryl washington (IDP) also got jerod mayo as an IDP which i'll start this week for bye

why couldnt this be my big money league?? lol

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

1st 3 Draft picks in one league cjo, Jennings, Steven Jackson....

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Before the season started I said I was going to take high-risk/high-reward players. I now fully regret that decision. Drafted DMC and DeMarco Murray in the first two rounds. Neither performed well when they were healthy, and both are now injured and have no timetable when they will return.

Definitely regret Maclin too.
    Did the same two years ago, I was fortunate enough to get quite high rewards! Not this year though...

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Sitting Witten vs the giants for gates in Cleveland a few weeks back.

I'd be 4-5 with an outside shot @ the 6th playoff spot.

Now I sit @ 3-6 playing spoiler.
    Megatron, Maclin, Charles, all let downs this year.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I regret drafting jermichael Finley early. Luckily, chris johnson has a vibe these days, or else i would have hated myself.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Traded Leshoure before his 3 touchdown game after starting him 4 straight weeks without an TD. Replacement only scored 9 points. I would have won my matchup this week had I kept him.

However I've done a lot of things right. Bought Gronk low; Right before he started going off. Also, traded Fred Jackson and Jordy Nelson the week before he got hurt for Trent Richardson. Received Big Ben for Lance Moore early in the season.

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Didn't start AP week 1, cost me the game.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I may not make the playoffs because of some bad mistakes and bad match ups...

I'm 4-5 with this lineup...

QB Ryan
    RB Trent Rich
    RB Foster
    WR Cruz
    WR Reggie Wayne
    TE Owen Daniels
    Flex Doug Martin

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

damn vitooch, that is some really tough luck if you are losing with that lineup...do you have the highest "points against" in your league like i do? lol

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    damn vitooch, that is some really tough luck if you are losing with that lineup...do you have the highest "points against" in your league like i do? lol
    I have the second most points for...and I'm also up there in points against. I sat Ryan week 1 which would have won me the week. Also lost week 3 I think because I started Romo over Ryan. I also lost to the number 1 team in the league because I started Leshoure over Rich when he had the TD against Chargers. I could still win out or go 5-1 the rest of the way and still sneak into the playoffs. If I make the playoffs, I prob win the league.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I haven't made any trades, but I had Hartline on my bench when he caught over 250 yards and Doug Martin on my bench when he played the Vikings. Did however have him this past weekend.

two of my 4 losses are squarely on my starting Romo, one was a 2 point loss the other a 9 point loss. Sucks because he was my keeper from the previous year, dropped him after the Chicago game.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

phillip fcking rivers

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Drafted Michael Vick.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    I just realized I had a REALLY good draft. I traded away Decker, Welker, and Trent Richardson in 3 separate trades for Greene, Andre Johnson, and Hakeem Nicks. If I kept those 3 my lineup would be sick with Rice/Richardson/Spiller and Decker/Welker/Washington....Regrets...
    hindsight is 20/20 but don't be a premature ejeculator in fantasy football.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

drafting stafford as high as i did