onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Week 9 - Keep watch on Lions RB's

M.LeShoure not practicing. Lions holding back on a injury? I read he went down, and limped off field last week.

J.Bell would be in line to start.

J.Bell worth a pickup, especially in PPR formats.

I dropped my kicker to pickup J.Bell. So I can see what plays out the rest of the week.

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Interesting Are they not letting K.Smith play at all?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

could be an air it out week and need to play titus young
    I like bell, he can catch

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

seriously, what happened to kevin smith? guy has to be the most talented 3rd string back in the league lol...he could put up some numbers if they really let him play

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

good info onlooker

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Kevin Smith I think slept with OC's wife. Guy had a great Week 1

Bell is worth having because he is putting up decent numbers. I just grabbed him in 2 leagues. one is a 14 team PPR where I will start him at Flex
    Last edited by Jrod124; 10-31-12 at 07:34 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Kevin Smith rushed 1 time for 1 yard, and caught 1 pass for 7 yards last week. I'm not sure why he fell off the face of the earth in Week 3 when M.LeShoure came back from suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    Kevin Smith I think slept with OC's wife. Guy had a great Week 1

Bell is worth having because he is putting up decent numbers. I just grabbed him in 2 leagues. one is a 14 team PPR where I will start him at Flex
    Joique Bell has been closing games for the Lions, and the only bad thing he did was that stupid fumble on the goal line during the Monday Night game. He is solid for PPR formats, and has 20 receptions already in limited playing time.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Coach still saying M.LeShoure isn't hurt.

Mikel Leshoure - RB - Lions

Lions coach Jim Schwartz insists Mikel Leshoure's absence from Wednesday's practice was not injury related.

Schwartz said Leshoure was out for "personal reasons." Nearly all signs suggest Leshoure picked up a leg injury in the third quarter of Sunday's win, but Schwartz is doing everything in his power to deny it. In a perfect world, we'd get a definitive answer on Thursday, but it's no sure thing Schwartz won't continue to employ smoke-and-mirrors with his feature back. For what it's worth, the Detroit Free Press reports Leshoure was out for "legit personal reasons." For now, consider Leshoure questionable for Week 9, but likely to suit up.

Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter
    Oct 31 - 1:19 PM

Mikel Leshoure (leg) did not practice Wednesday.

In the third quarter of last week's win over the Seahawks, we spotted Leshoure limping off the field holding his calf. He never returned. Although tight-lipped coach Jim Schwartz claimed there was no injury, he was clearly hiding the truth once again. We now have to consider Leshoure questionable for Week 9, giving Joique Bell a possible feature back role against the Jaguars.

Related: Joique Bell

Source: Anwar Richardson on Twitter
    Oct 31 - 11:39 AM

Jrod124
    Update your status

great info looker, I am still going to roll the dice with Bell in the 14 teamer. Schwartz tends to hide the truth in these matters, I wouldn't be shocked if Leshoure had a limited role this Sunday

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

M.LeShoure was back at practice.

Mikel Leshoure (personal, leg) returned to practice Thursday.

Perhaps coach Jim Schwartz really was being truthful when he said Leshoure merely took a personal day Wednesday. The power back looks like a full participant in Thursday's session, a sign that his late-game leg injury from Week 8 is water under the bridge. Leshoure is now on track to start Sunday's game against the Jaguars, leaving Joique Bell in a change-of-pace role.

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter
    Nov 1 - 11:37 AM

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the info onlooker

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

J.Bell is the Jahvid Best type RB. Maybe they should trying to give this guy a chance at the lead back.

Joique Bell - RB - Lions

Lions OC Scott Linehan confirmed that Mikel Leshoure on the bench in the fourth quarter last week because Joique Bell is the preferred back in "obvious passing situations."

Our suspicions on Leshoure's absence were correct after all. "Joique's proven to be a real effective receiver out of the backfield since we haven't had Jahvid," explained Linehan. "Joique's been doing a really nice job for us and his role's increased because of it." Bell will continue to get the call in no-huddle comeback mode, but Leshoure remains locked into the lead back role. Rotoworld ranks Leshoure 17th and Bell 32nd among fantasy backs for Week 9.

Related: Mikel Leshoure

Source: DetroitLions.com
    Nov 1 - 4:27 PM

Mikel Leshoure (personal, leg) has been removed from the Week 9 injury report.

We already knew Leshoure's Wednesday absence from practice was for legitimate reasons, but it remained unknown whether or not he was actually hurt. Apparently the answer is "no" even though he limped off the field in the third quarter of Sunday's win, never to return. Locked in as the Lions' first- and second-down back, Leshoure is Rotoworld's No. 17 back for Week 9.

Source: Anwar Richardson on Twitter
    Nov 1 - 4:22 PM

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yep, as a LeShoure owner he has definitely been disappointing. I think most ppl expected more out of him after his debut performance. He reminds me a lot of your solid between the tackles RB but with not much explosion. Kind of like a Cedric Benson.

He's got a nice matchup this week but it is hard to trust him, especially after he got benched late agains Seattle. I'm most likely starting Rashad Jennings over LeShoure.

Jrod124
    Update your status

I think you will slowly see Bell take the starting job. This is a pass first offense and his ability to catch the ball is huge. He is also a strong back to help in goal situations. Problem with that is management loves LeShoure and he would really have to be ineffective to lose the job.

Speedy I def start Jennings over LeShoure btw

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Leshoure has been doing fine. The problem is that he is just not getting enough carries. He did have a bad game against Minnesota but he has only received 10-15 carries a game since. Hes averaging over 4.8 yards a carry the last three games. Anyways, it seems like Bell gets about 1/3 of the workload, probably by design.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    He reminds me a lot of your solid between the tackles RB but with not much explosion. Kind of like a Cedric Benson.
    That says it all right there, he just isn't that good. Bell should be the every down back.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Leshoure missed practice for the birth of his son. Some guys have been known to go off after the birth of a child, a little bit of extra motivation.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Leshoure missed practice for the birth of his son. Some guys have been known to go off after the birth of a child, a little bit of extra motivation.
    Why would something like that be hidden?

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Leshoure is in the category of Matthews and Charles of talented running backs who do not get enough touches. Guy was doing excellently against a stout Seahawks run D and is then taken out. Before you guys say he got injured, that is not what Lions coach said after the game. He claimed that Joique Bell was doing "good things for them". Not sure what you would constitute Leshoure's play as then. Once again, Leshoure is talented, and he could be a solid number 2 back moving forward if he gets more touches.

I need Leshoure, Stewart or Donald Brown to have a big week for me in Week 10 so I'm hoping Leshoure continues to get the bulk of the carries. Why he doesn't get goal line carries is beyond me.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Leshoure is in the category of Matthews and Charles of talented running backs who do not get enough touches. Guy was doing excellently against a stout Seahawks run D and is then taken out. Before you guys say he got injured, that is not what Lions coach said after the game. He claimed that Joique Bell was doing "good things for them". Not sure what you would constitute Leshoure's play as then. Once again, Leshoure is talented, and he could be a solid number 2 back moving forward if he gets more touches.

I need Leshoure, Stewart or Donald Brown to have a big week for me in Week 10 so I'm hoping Leshoure continues to get the bulk of the carries. Why he doesn't get goal line carries is beyond me.
    Which is why I have trouble playing him, even with a good matchup. For one, who knows how many carries Schwartz will give him. And two, does he get the goal line carries? Those two unknowns make it difficult for me to start him.

allin1
    Update your status

leshoure with 3 touchdowns. good day for him

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Leshoure huge day!

Jrod124
    Update your status

Leshoure got the goal line carries today. At least Bell got a garbage TD late to make him a good flex start for me this week. You got DD from your flex in a 14 team league u are happy

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    There's that extra motivation.

Speedy88

Yep, LeShoure looking good on my bench with 25 points.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Had him on my bench as well, at least it did not cost me the W though. He'll probably go back to sucking when I have to start him in the coming weeks.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Picked Leshoure up and was mostly RB depth, but the way Charles keeps disappointing me, he may ride the bench down the stretch.

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Had him on my bench as well, at least it did not cost me the W though. He'll probably go back to sucking when I have to start him in the coming weeks.
    classic situation

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Hes going to get 60-70 yards a game and 3-4 catches. The carries Bell takes away will also be a concern..

Without a TD (or two) , his output is disappointing though.