housecloud
    housecloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alright I need some Fantasy Football help

This is my first year ever playing fantasy football, and I think it's safe to say that my team is quite weak.... I'm in a $100 ten man league with some co-workers and I'm 3-5 in 8th place of 10.. I think I might need to make some changes/trades now to have any slither of hope... Or do I just ride it out and hope for more production from who I've got?

below is who I plan to start for this upcoming week:
    Cam Newton
    Vincent Jackson
    Anquan Boldin
    Darren Sproles
    Darren McFadden
    Jermichael Finley
    WR/Te: Kendall Wright
    K:Jason Hanson
    DEF: AZ

bench: Peyton Manning, Josh Gordon, Jonathan Stewart, Michael Crabtree, Fred Jackson, Greg Jennings.

I'm very new at this, so any advice is appreciated. I'm sure it would help if you knew the standings and how each team looked, to see if there are any decent looking trades I could make...etc...
    6 teams will make the playoffs and I'd like to get myself in there..I got buried in my last game.. at least I do have 3 wins.. and a few people are 4-4.. so I'm still in the hunt..

anything is appreciated. thanks

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Holy crap man, yeah your definitely new at this. Your team is pretty weak for a 10 team league. You NEED to trade either Peyton or Cam. Whichever one you feel more comfortable with, but try to get an elite RB or WR in return. You'll obvioulsy get more in return for Peyton.

Boldin, Finley, and Wright aren't really startable in 10 team leagues. I'm in a 10 team league, and those guys are bench players.

Good luck. But yeah, trade Peyton or Cam. No point in having two elite fantasy QB's when only one can play.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

jennings being hurt doesnt help

try trading cam and jennings for a player

also start f jackson at flex this week

You need to be starting p manning every week

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

NHL Fantasy League - all NHL pros are in so far

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Manning should be starting big time this week. Definitely see if you can make a trade for your QB and catch a big RB or WR.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Would anyone in 10 team need Peyton or cam is the question? You may have to take anything you can get for them though. Offer like Cam for Jimmy Graham and a solid WR and you will be fine. Your RB's are solid u just need to upgrade WR and TE

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

I like Cam Newton this week. Good luck, pal.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

time to drop jennings he's having surgery and won't be back for a while

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

At this point I don't know how anyone can justify starting newton over manning..,

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

well heres the thing...both newton and manning will get points, but manning is the bigger draw. you have to at least put manning out there...put both out there, but you have to trade 1...also, who is available on your waiver wire? i'd start mcfadden/fjax as your 2 rbs, and rotate stewart and sproles at your flex...or try and package a deal with any of those 2 (fjax, sproles, stewart) to get a solid WR..your RBs are ok, but you really need a top WR, having vjax as a #1 in a 10 team league wont cut it

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Yeah I wouldn't trade Manning, he's just starting to jell with Denver and will continue to put up good numbers. Definitely drop or trade Jennings, you might search the wavier wire and find a WR who's starting to put up numbers. Sproles is now out too, so you're gonna have to hit the wavier wire quick and replace him! Of course most decent RB are gone, but try and snag Denver RB Ronnie Hillman . He's starting to get a lot of touches and might have a break out week.

We're at mid season, so it's gonna be difficult to get a decent trade and you may wind up losing out. You could try and package a couple of weaker players together to try and get a better one, but again, it's usually not worth the risk. Fantasy is a learning process and you get better every year you participate in it. Good luck
    Last edited by mikejamm; 11-03-12 at 08:01 AM.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Yeah, you really need to make some moves dude.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I'd work on getting a quality wr..I'd throw Cam out as bait, but Manning would most likely bring more offers..

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Well, how did you do? Have you made any moves yet? Get rid of Stewart, he sucks too!