Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Can Dennis Allen Please Scrap The Zone Blocking Scheme

Because it obviously isn't working. Raiders run game has been pretty much non-existant all season long except for a few big runs by DMC.

Has he not seen the stats on how McFadden does in a power blocking scheme in comparison to a zone blocking scheme.

This coach needs to get a clue.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Yea... zone blocking schemes need to go away. Someone call Kubiak down in Houston and Shanahan up in Washington. Let them know... the word is out. Zone Blocking Schemes don't work.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
    Yea... zone blocking schemes need to go away. Someone call Kubiak down in Houston and Shanahan up in Washington. Let them know... the word is out. Zone Blocking Schemes don't work.
    I didn't say scrap all zone blocknig schemes. Just the zone blocking in Oakland. Because it clearly isn't working. Try to actually read the post next time. No where did I mention Houston or Washington. Just Oakland.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

yep he clearly just read the title and reacted

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should have held on to Hue Jackson. Boy, it's not looking like CJ2k was a bad reach over mccoy and mcfadden now. His upcoming schedule is making me salivate...oh yeah!!!

Speedy88

Can't find the article, but I read somewhere that under the power blocking scheme of Huge Jackson, McFadden averaged around 5.0 ypc, under the zone blocking scheme he is down to around 3.0 ypc. And something like 85 yards per game rushing under the power blocking scheme compared to only about 35 yards per game rushing under the zone blocking scheme.

Good coaches coach to their players' strength, not their own strengths. Oakland obviously can't grasp the zone blocking scheme. Every play is blown up at or before the line of scrimmage. Scrap the damn thing Allen so I can start getting some fantasy points from my first round fantasy pick.