onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Week 7 - Rashard Mendenhall = OUT

Just a heads up. Adjust your lineups.

Rashard Mendenhall - RB - Steelers

Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) and Isaac Redman (ankle) will not play at Cincinnati in Week 7 after missing a third consecutive practice on Friday.

Mendenhall was given the better chance of playing, but he's going to rest up for Week 8 versus the Redskins instead. Jonathan Dwyer is tentatively expected to draw the start and handle the bulk of the early-down workload, giving way to Baron Batch and Chris Rainey on passing downs. Later this afternoon, Chris Wesseling and Mike Clay will likely bump Dwyer into the top-35 Week 7 running back options. We still expect the Steelers to lean heavily on Ben Roethlisberger.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Jonathan Dwyer will start and is the hot pick up right now, but also look into Baron Batch.

Only if your in real need of a RB, because personally I would stay away.

Juice75
    Juice75's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bummer. Mendenhall would have been a great SNF start.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I guess J.Dwyer was worth a pick-up.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

not sure if i should use my #1 waiver claim on either dwyer or larod stephens howling...or neither...lol...i was thinking about dwyer though because i have mendenhall, i guess it just depends on the extent of mendenhalls injury?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    not sure if i should use my #1 waiver claim on either dwyer or larod stephens howling...or neither...lol...i was thinking about dwyer though because i have mendenhall, i guess it just depends on the extent of mendenhalls injury?
    Cardinals RB's are nerve racking, not sure I want any of that.

Look into R.Jennings with MJD hurt.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i actually already have rashard jennings...which is why im not sure i want to use the #1 waiver on either howling or dwyer....however my RB situation is pretty dire (turner, mendenhall, alex green, vick ballard, r jennings)...furthermore, the guy i play next week has MJD (seemingly out?) and spiller on bye, so i know he will need RBs...im wondering if i want to snatch any of them so he cant pick any up (the free agent pool is ridiculously shallow in my league)