Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates

For Week 7:

Buy Low:

Darren Mcfadden- has an incredible schedule moving forward. Seems healthy after 6 weeks starting. Explosive back that is perfect for PPR format. Traded away Matt Ryan, Lynch, James Jones and Rudolph for Mcfadden, Stafford, and Aaron Hernandez in one league. Mcfadden will be a beast moving forward. We will see performances consistent with that of last week against the Falcons.

CJ Spiller/Fred Jackson - Don't be afraid of the timeshare in Buffalo. This is a team that likes to run the ball alot. Offense seems better, more dynamic, when both players are healthy and running the football. Good combination of size and speed for both players. Once again, don't be afraid of the time share!

Matthew Stafford- As I mentioned, like Stafford moving forward. Hasn't been putting up the numbers representative of his pre draft ranking, but I think he steadily improves his stats as the season continues. His yardage numbers are definitely there, but it's his TD/Int ratio that is the issue. If he addresses this issue, he can't be a steal from those who have grown impatient of Stafford

Jay Cutler - If you have someone like Vick, or Newton, it may be smart to stock someone like Cutler on the bench. He may have the occasional ugly game like against Packers, but he seems to have clicked with Marshall, as we have seen major strides from this offense this season as seen against Cowboys and Colts are in the season.

Greg Jennings, Aaron Hernandez, Daryl Richardson, Jones-Drew, Doug Martin

Sell High:

Matt Ryan - As well as he has done this season, I think it is a perfect time to sell him high before his numbers slowly decline. Don't think h is going to tank by any means, but those lacking a consistent starting quarterback may be willing to give a little too much for Ryan. Ryan's turnover numbers have gotten worse as the season has progressed. Looked bad in the first half against a horrible Redskins defense, and the same against the Raiders.

Marshawn Lynch, Green-Ellis, MAYBE Antonio Gates,

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

will be tough to sell benjarvus high since he hasnt done anything in a while...but i agree with most of your list. also im not really sure you want to sell m. lynch high, hes a stud RB which you always want on your team...any guy that can put up 100 on the 49ers seems good enough to me.

buy low guys in my opinion:
    antonio brown: (i just got him) has a GREAT matchup with cinci and especially if steelers run game is hurting, you can bet that they will throw to him often to move the chains:
    donald brown: coming back hopefully next week against terrible titans D...has a very soft upcoming schedule for the most part, including the playoffs. he will get the carries since vick ballard has been weak
    jones-drew: if possible...will be hard, but he is coming off a couple down games and a bye...he has a very soft schedule going forward
    cam newton: the peripheral #s are there for killa cam, but he hasnt been delivering quite yet...i still think hes a great dual threat and could be poised for some good numbers down the stretch

sell high:
    chris johnson- i mean maybe he turns it around, i dont know, but i just would hate owning this guy...just had a nice game and maybe you can get a good return on him
    frank gore- has been beasting no question, but durability has been a concern with this guy literally every single year...he just had a huge game then got hurt in the process...does this every yr
    shonn greene- is there any explanation needed here? guy just dropped 30+ points, and is facing the pats (they have an amazing run D) but you can try to sell that he has been good against the pats in his career...i personally wouldnt want any part of this guy

Vitooch
    Dayman

Agree on Antonio Brown...will be especially wonderful moving forward in PPR formats especially..

I don't like any Colts running back on that pass heavy team. Brown will get you the occasional touchdown but not a ton of upside there

Some call Cam a sell high but I kind of agree with you. Trading away a sell high like Matt Ryan for Cam and a solid running back like Fred Jackson (maybe a bit of a stretch) would be a nice little trade. Thinking Steve Smith is in same boat as Cam.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

The ultimate sell high is Alfred Morris

Vitooch
    Dayman

Traded away Alfred Morris and Brandon Lloyd for Doug Martin, Reggie Wayne, and Leshoure in one of my leagues. Doug another huge buy low (could have bought him even lower before the Chiefs game). Bucs have a nice schedule moving forward.

Vitooch
    Dayman

That trade happened the week before Reggie Wayne had a huge game against Packers

TPowell

guy in my league had Morris, MJD, and Rice at RB (start 2) and he traded MJD instead of Morris, i was shocked

Vitooch
    Dayman

Yeah that's quite ridiculous. I really liked Morris but had Trent Richardson and Foster so I thought trading Alfred Morris would be a good opportunity to update at WR2.

Have MJD in my other league along with McFadden and Matthews (picked him up in the 3rd round).

Decided to sell high on Lynch for Mcfadden because McFadden is more explosive and has more upside. Lynch is a model of consistency but hasn't gotten into the end zone alot. I like Mcfadden's big play potential and role in passing game, especially in PPR format.

TPowell

I don't see selling high on Lynch. He is a legit #1 Rb and he'll start scoring soon. Just hard to score with their shitty passing game

Vitooch
    Dayman

Passing game in Seattle will not get much better. Seattle must deal with tough run defenses in the division while a team like the Raiders have a cake schedule. Lynch is a low end number 1 running back on any team, but I think he's a little overvalued while a more explosive player in McFadden and Charles may be undervalued.

TPowell

thats true but I always think a RB with absolutely no backup is valuable, especially in scoring leagues

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

while i dont think lynch is a sell high, i do think you made a great move for mcfadden ESPECIALLY because its ppr...and yes he does have a soft schedule...

cam's outlier numbers say that he is bound to pick it up soon, kinda like regression in baseball...he is #1 in the league in YPA and averaging 14.4 yards per completion...pretty big numbers...

i think the time to buy low on gates has passed...you could sell him high after last week if u can get a great deal for him, but i think he is ready to start putting up numbers

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    For Week 7:

Buy Low:

Darren Mcfadden- has an incredible schedule moving forward. Seems healthy after 6 weeks starting. Explosive back that is perfect for PPR format. Traded away Matt Ryan, Lynch, James Jones and Rudolph for Mcfadden, Stafford, and Aaron Hernandez in one league. Mcfadden will be a beast moving forward. We will see performances consistent with that of last week against the Falcons.

CJ Spiller/Fred Jackson - Don't be afraid of the timeshare in Buffalo. This is a team that likes to run the ball alot. Offense seems better, more dynamic, when both players are healthy and running the football. Good combination of size and speed for both players. Once again, don't be afraid of the time share!

Matthew Stafford- As I mentioned, like Stafford moving forward. Hasn't been putting up the numbers representative of his pre draft ranking, but I think he steadily improves his stats as the season continues. His yardage numbers are definitely there, but it's his TD/Int ratio that is the issue. If he addresses this issue, he can't be a steal from those who have grown impatient of Stafford

Jay Cutler - If you have someone like Vick, or Newton, it may be smart to stock someone like Cutler on the bench. He may have the occasional ugly game like against Packers, but he seems to have clicked with Marshall, as we have seen major strides from this offense this season as seen against Cowboys and Colts are in the season.

Greg Jennings, Aaron Hernandez, Daryl Richardson, Jones-Drew, Doug Martin

Sell High:

Matt Ryan - As well as he has done this season, I think it is a perfect time to sell him high before his numbers slowly decline. Don't think h is going to tank by any means, but those lacking a consistent starting quarterback may be willing to give a little too much for Ryan. Ryan's turnover numbers have gotten worse as the season has progressed. Looked bad in the first half against a horrible Redskins defense, and the same against the Raiders.

Marshawn Lynch, Green-Ellis, MAYBE Antonio Gates,
    Agree with you on DMC. He's had a rough early schedule, but I read somewhere that he has the softest remaining schedule for any RB. He is going to explode in the 2nd half of the season. Also read that the Raiders tweaked the run game during their bye week, and added some power running schemes into the system.

Not sure how low I'd buy on Greg Jennings. His groin could be a problem all year long, I just wouldn't give up a lot for a guy who has a nagging injury, and is getting phased out in GB. Most likely, Jennings won't be back next year, I don't think GB minds having him sit for James Jones right now. Dougy Martin is another buy low guy. He'll be a solid RB2 the rest of the season.

Not sure why you'd sell high on Matty Ice. He'll continue to be a top 5 QB each week. BJGE isn't a sell high guy because he's been pretty pedestrian so far.

Two guys I'd really recommend selling high on are Bradshaw and Michael Turner. Both are older RB's who's numbers should fade as the season goes on. Bradshaw is already having foot problems, so if there is a time to trade him, it is now since he has come off 2 really strong games.

As for Alfred......people have been saying sell high on him since week 2 or 3. Yet he still keeps putting up double digit fantasy games. I think he's the real deal. He's perfect in Mike Shannahan's system. He's getting close to that RB1 status, but unfortunately his upcoming schedule will probably keep him as a RB2. Only reason why I'd even contemplate trading Alfred is because his upcoming schedule.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

yeah alfred seems legit...im not sure about your assessment of turner though...its true, hes getting a bit older, but he is still the solid back with no sort of timeshare...plus you know he will be getting the goal line opportunities with the falcons high powered offense, if you can get someone really good in return i would do it but burner turner doesnt seem like a terrible option. maybe im just biased though because he is my rb1 lol

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    sell high:
    chris johnson- i mean maybe he turns it around, i dont know, but i just would hate owning this guy...just had a nice game and maybe you can get a good return on him
    The best time to sell high on CJ would have been right after the draft. His next two games are against the Bills and Colts, so maybe an opportunity to sell high there.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Yea traded CJ for Vincent Jackson in PPR league after his 100 yd game a few weeks ago. Johnson just doesnt have the strength or vision to be a consistent starting RB.

Speedy88

Best thing i ever did was taking DMC over CJ with the #8 pick in the draft. Always thought the 8th pick in this years draft was the hardest with all the obvious names off the board (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Foster, Rice, McCoy, Megatron). Somehow the owner who drafted CJ in the 1st round happens to be 5-1 in my league.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    The ultimate sell high is Alfred Morris
    HUH? I actually think he is UNDERrated, hovering on becoming a top 15 running back.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

2 Sell high players:

Kenny Britt - this guy is awful and is getting a lot of hype sell now.
    Greene- he would be lucky if he had 2- 100 yard games the rest of the season.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

Id definitely hold on to alfred morris unless u get a top 3 back in some kinda package deal

Vitooch
    Dayman

Problem with trading away Morris is that he is in a way undervalued because of his lack of name recognition. For some reason owners "trust" more recognizable players but in actuality Morris is a solid number 2 RB. In hindsight, I didn't love trading away Morris but I did think I bought low on Doug Martin after that dreadful game against the Redskins, and I bought low on Reggie Wayne. Now, I want to sell high on Wayne because I have James Jones and Miles Austin on my bench

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    HUH? I actually think he is UNDERrated, hovering on becoming a top 15 running back.
    how is he underrated? He's performed like a top 5 back this year

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    how is he underrated? He's performed like a top 5 back this year
    And still generally considered an RB2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with holding on to him as an RB2.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I'm not sure if he's a top 5 back moving forward...would take Rice Mccoy Foster Charles Mcfadden Peterson Richardson Jones Drew over him

Speedy88

Agreed that Alfred is underrated. He is #3 in fantasy points for all RB's, yet he is considered a RB2 every week, and he rarely ever cracks top 10 RB ranks on a weekly basis.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    The best time to sell high on CJ would have been right after the draft. His next two games are against the Bills and Colts, so maybe an opportunity to sell high there.
    I agree. Can't sell now really.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    I'm not sure if he's a top 5 back moving forward...would take Rice Mccoy Foster Charles Mcfadden Peterson Richardson Jones Drew over him
    exactly, he's performed way better than he should have. Hence why he is a sell high

Vitooch
    Dayman

Offered Reggie Wayne for Calvin Johnson in a non-PPR league. Buying Calvin low and selling Wayne high?