HauglidJ2
    HauglidJ2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Couple questions....

So I completely lost it on my Thursday players. I had Heath Miller and Antonio Brown going, 10 total combined points! UGH!

First question, do I start Alex Smith or Matthew Stafford?

Secondly, now with the loss of some receiver points considering it's a ppr league. I have my two halfbacks as Gore and D. Murray. Do I sit Demarco and start a 4th WR with just Gore as hb? The WR would be Brandon Lloyd, or do I start Demarco Murray?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

My opponent had Antonio Brown and Heath Miller, I couldn't be happier.

Tough call between Alex Smith and Stafford. The Eagles secondary is very good, but I'm sure the Lions will still throw a lot. I'd probably roll with Stafford, but it is a tough call.

I'd definitely go with Murray over Lloyd. Seattle's pass defense is legit, some people consider their secondary the best in the NFL. Murray is also a good back for PPR because he catches plenty of passes out of the backfield. Don't be fooled by the previous Baltimore teams, their defense this year isn't quite the same.

HauglidJ2

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    My opponent had Antonio Brown and Heath Miller, I couldn't be happier.

Tough call between Alex Smith and Stafford. The Eagles secondary is very good, but I'm sure the Lions will still throw a lot. I'd probably roll with Stafford, but it is a tough call.

I'd definitely go with Murray over Lloyd. Seattle's pass defense is legit, some people consider their secondary the best in the NFL. Murray is also a good back for PPR because he catches plenty of passes out of the backfield. Don't be fooled by the previous Baltimore teams, their defense this year isn't quite the same.
    Yeah I seen that on the cbssports player page. They were talking about how the Ravens defense gave up PLENTY of rushing yards to Jamaal Charles. I'm sure the Lions still will throw a lot too, but I need probably 5 TDs from Stafford. It's possible right!

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

I like Smith this week over Stafford and I'd go with Murray for sure.

jwater
    jwater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Id go with Stafford. Definitely gonna throw a lot more than Smith and the Eagles dont have a ton of takeaways

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I like Smith over Stafford too. Rough Thursday night for your squad though.

HauglidJ2

After evaluating I think Smith may be a better play. Giants secondary is banged up, and there best bet may be to stuff the run leaving it in Smiths hands. I can handle that, he has been solid this year.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Stafford for me. He will probably throw 50 times. They'll air it out for sure knowing they need a statement this game.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Definitely stafford over smith