ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9872

week 4 fantasy football venting thread

in alot of leagues of course but in my big leagues

I need vick to not get 3 td

In another, i need a good but not great game from mccoy

I have hartline in almost every league drafting him in last 2 rounds.
    Pretty sure ill start him at flex or wr over a mediocre rb from here on out.
    Last edited by ttwarrior1; 09-30-12 at 06:58 PM. Reason: mod squad

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

in 4 leagues about to lose all 4 including our SBR league.

had hartline benched in a league, could've used the points he would've won the matchup for me.
    had kenny britt starting on a team didn't check in the A.M he didn't play.

Overall a horrible fantasy day.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4819

I'm up 20. Opponent has no active players left, and I have D.Bailey going tomorrow to get me some extra points. I'm now 4-0.

ttwarrior1

your only in 1 league?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    your only in 1 league?
    Yep.

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10968

both leagues have 49ers as there def. so they win by dumb luck. vicious game FF can be. better to be lucky then good.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by wquine View Post
    both leagues have 49ers as there def. so they win by dumb luck. vicious game FF can be. better to be lucky then good.
    Fantasy takes a lot of luck.

Right out the gate today, I got a return touchdown by P.Harvin. Pretty much set the pace for my day. It also helped that the Broncos shut down D.McFadden today.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I had a pretty decent weak, but my opponent's team went bonkers (Houston DST, Dalton, Ridley, Roddy White, Trent Richardson, Torrey Smith), right now he is projected at 150 points depending on Tynes.

Peyton and 49ers DST helped me out a lot, but didn't get much help from DMC, Gates, or Benson.

I'm 1-3, might be facing 1-4 because of bye's next week. I feel like my team is pretty solid but I just have really bad luck with matchups. I need to figure out if I need to make moves to help out in the short term, but these trades will likely cost me in the long term.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I had a pretty decent weak, but my opponent's team went bonkers (Houston DST, Dalton, Ridley, Roddy White, Trent Richardson, Torrey Smith), right now he is projected at 150 points depending on Tynes.

Peyton and 49ers DST helped me out a lot, but didn't get much help from DMC, Gates, or Benson.

I'm 1-3, might be facing 1-4 because of bye's next week. I feel like my team is pretty solid but I just have really bad luck with matchups. I need to figure out if I need to make moves to help out in the short term, but these trades will likely cost me in the long term.
    I'm glad D.Bowe was active today. I was really nervous about the idea of starting C.Benson. Even facing the Saints defense. I just thought it was fools gold. With the type of team the Packers are on offense.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I'm glad D.Bowe was active today. I was really nervous about the idea of starting C.Benson. Even facing the Saints defense. I just thought it was fools gold. With the type of team the Packers are on offense.
    Agreed. You can give Cedric Benson the juiciest matchup and he'll still find a way to put up a sub-par performance. Problem with Benson is that he is not an explosive back. He's not going to rip the 30-yard TD's. As a Benson owner last year, I learned how average he is. He's good for 6-11 points every week. But that's about it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Agreed. You can give Cedric Benson the juiciest matchup and he'll still find a way to put up a sub-par performance. Problem with Benson is that he is not an explosive back. He's not going to rip the 30-yard TD's. As a Benson owner last year, I learned how average he is. He's good for 6-11 points every week. But that's about it.
    He needs goal line touches, that aren't fumbled by the QB.

I need him in Week 6 and 8. Against the Texans and Jaguars. I hope he helps me out those weeks.

Speedy88

I need him next week against Indi because DeMarco and DMC are on bye for me (I normally don't draft based on bye's, but after this year, I'm going to take a hard look at bye's when i'm drafting). I'll expect a similar game, around 80-100 total yards from scrimmage with a chance at a TD.

Is Hartline worth a start next week against Cinci next week over someone like Anquan Boldin Greg Olsen (as a flex)?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I was relying to much on D.Wilson coming into the season. I was hoping he took the starting job from A.Bradshaw by now, or at least have a good share of carries, but that Week 1 fumble killed him. Then comes along Andre Brown.

Let's just say I cut D.Wilson for the C.Ponder pick up last week. So now I'm left with C.Benson and B.Tate as my back ups.

Speedy88

My team is really solid I've just had bad breaks. Unless DeMarco and Marshall go crazy tomorrow, I'm looking at 1-3. My team is solid, but I think I may have to make some moves for the short term. DMC, DeMarco, and LeShoure will all be on bye next week. Which leaves me with Alf and Benson as my two RB's, but then I have pretty much nothing for my flex (boldin, celek, olsen, hartline). Normally I'd just stick it out with what I have, but I don't think I can afford to go 1-4. Might have to deal away DeMarco or DMC to fill someone in for week 5. Doubt I'll get a great return because people usually don't like to trade for players who are on their bye week.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

In my 5 leagues, I'll end up 3 and 2 for the week. No middle ground or close games this week, the games I'll win I crushed them and the games I'll lose, I'm getting crushed.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

The bastard that i am playing against has Brees, Niners D, and Roddy White. i need 90 points from Cruz, Dez and my kicker. sigh

ttwarrior1

if your gonna get beat, get beat bad i guess,

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Need Dez Bryant to not pull a Brian Hartline type game on MNF to go 3-1. Only real bad news this weekend was the emergence of Brandon Bolden. Another guy, along with Woodhead to steal touches from Ridley.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

ok just need 57 points from Dez.....thats doable right? LOL

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

need 25 from romo, marshall, AND miles austin tonight...but with my luck i really dont think i'm gonna get it lol

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1914

I'm winning by like 70 points over LT Profits.

I have Dallas D left and he has Romo.....