Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Start/Sit: LaFell, Maclin or Amendola

Need some advice on who to start this week at WR. Options are:

Brandon LaFell vs NYG
    Jeremy Maclin @ AZ
    Danny Amendola @ CHI

Maclin is normally my guy to start here, but he is banged up and facing an underrated Arizona defense. Kind of leaning towards LaFell here.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

This a PPR league?

Speedy88

It is non-ppr, just your standard scoring league. This WR2 spot on my team has been giving me nothing but headaches the last week or so. Maclin is normally my guy, but he played about half of week 1, and only played about half the snaps in week 2 because he reinjured his hip. From what I saw from him in week 2, he wasn't close to being 100% and if it weren't for a blown coverage he may not have had a catch. My opponent does have Vick this week if that changes anything. If it comes out that Peterson will guard Maclin, i'm not going to play him. Overall, I wouldn't mind Maclin just sitting this game out, because I think that would have a big (negative) impact on Vick.

I'm kind of leaning towards LaFell, but the Panthers are such a run heavy team that it scares me to use a #2 WR on a run heavy team. Giants secondary is atrocious though.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I like D.Amendola.

He is on my Bench in a PPR league, and have no where to use him at the moment. He is a PPR beast, but I like him in standard too.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I like D.Amendola.

He is on my Bench in a PPR league, and have no where to use him at the moment. He is a PPR beast, but I like him in standard too.
    I'm thinking that Chicago Cover 2 Defense will give Amendola all kind of easy short passes. He's just not much of a TD guy. Yeah, seems like a toss up between all 3 of them. I just hope they rest Maclin so Vick will suffer, and so he can get healthy for week 4 against NYG.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I'm thinking that Chicago Cover 2 Defense will give Amendola all kind of easy short passes. He's just not much of a TD guy. Yeah, seems like a toss up between all 3 of them. I just hope they rest Maclin so Vick will suffer, and so he can get healthy for week 4 against NYG.
    I'm thinking about plug and playing the Cardinals Defense this week. They did a job on the Brady Bunch, and the Eagles are a turnover machine. They should put up a decent fantasy number.

My defense play is horrid so far though.

Week 1: Bills Defense -2
    Week 2: Bengals Defense +4

Kicker play isn't any better.

D.Bailey:

Week 1: +6
    Week 2: +1

Funny thing is, I am the highest scoring team with these bad Defense/Kicker numbers.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Maclin might not play. Who knows, that was his status last weekend too and he still played against the Ravens.

Speedy88

I'm thinking about plug and playing the Cardinals Defense this week. They did a job on the Brady Bunch, and the Eagles are a turnover machine. They should put up a decent fantasy number.

My defense play is horrid so far though.

Week 1: Bills Defense -2
    Week 2: Bengals Defense +4

Kicker play isn't any better.

D.Bailey:

Week 1: +6
    Week 2: +1

Funny thing is, I am the highest scoring team with these bad Defense/Kicker numbers.
    Im thinking of playing the Cards DST as well. Eagles are good for 2-4 turnovers a game. If Maclin doesn't play, their offense will struggle to move the ball. I'm trying to decide between AZ DST and CHI DST. Both have great return games with Patrick Peterson and Devin Hester.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Amendola could rack up receptions

I'd go him

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

He just said its a non-ppr league
    Pay attention

Start Macklin-Easy decision
    Patrick Peterson is a shut down corner, but he'll be guarding Desean Jackson, Macklin probably catches a 60 yard bomb for pay dirt

Lafell-I just don't like starting guys on Thursdays, mediocre guys
    Amendola- Chicago has 10 days to get shitty on a mediocre offense, he might catch 7+ receptions, but you don't score catches so it doesn't matter

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

non-ppr, would go with Maclin this week..

Cruz to Victory
    Cruz to Victory's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Need some advice on who to start this week at WR. Options are:

Brandon LaFell vs NYG
    Jeremy Maclin @ AZ
    Danny Amendola @ CHI

Maclin is normally my guy to start here, but he is banged up and facing an underrated Arizona defense. Kind of leaning towards LaFell here.
    I have the exact same situation in one of my leagues and I went with Brandon LaFell. Cam is a passing best and he's gonna go against NYG who hasn't done so hot with Points Against so you'll find a td and some yards with him I think. I don't trust Maclin right now because of his injury even if they clear him to play but even then it's a gamble because if he plays and he doesn't hurt himself during the game, He'd put up more points I think so. And I just think Amendola was a one week wonder. Need a couple more weeks to see if he really is the go to receiver over there. But that's my opinion

Speedy88

I actually made this post thinking I had both of them. Surprisingly, got neither off waivers. So I'm pretty much stuck with Maclin.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

If Maclin can play, he's Vick's favorite target. Otherwise Amendola in my eyes

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

You better find another option.

Jeremy Maclin - WR - Eagles

ESPN's Chris Mortensen expects Jeremy Maclin (hip) to miss Week 3 against the Eagles.

Undrafted rookie Damaris Johnson would start in his place. While Maclin showed toughness gutting out his hip injury in Week 2, the Eagles can't afford for him to be aggravating the ailment every game. It would probably behoove everyone for Maclin to take a week off. The Eagles visit Arizona on Sunday.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Amendola gets overlooked because of last year

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Amendola gets overlooked because of last year
    He was injured last year. In Week 1. He had 85 catches 2 years ago.

I drafted him this year, in the 13th round.

Speedy88

You better find another option.
    Don't look too much into what Mort thinks. That is all opinion. Reid said that Maclin is day-to-day and improving. I think Eagles would be best off holding Maclin out, letting him fully heal and get him ready for next weeks game against NYG. It seems like the type of injury that if he takes a week off, then he'll be fine. But if he continues to play and reinjure his hip like he did against Baltimore, this injury could last for a long time. It is a hip-pointer, simply a bad bruise on the hip. Just needs an extra week to heal.

Either way, I'm pretty screwed. All I have on my bench is Boldin. He does have a favorable matchup against NE, but he is the 4th or 5th option on that team behind Rice, Torrey Smith, Pitta, and maybe even Jacoby Jones. If Collie doesn't play, I'll probably role the dice with Avery. Not sure if I can risk playing Collie.

Right now, I'm trying to swing a trade. Offered Maclin and Celek for Jordy Nelson. This owner is in need of a TE because he had Hernandez, and now all he has is Gresham. If he doesn't take that, I may even offer Maclin and Celek for Lloyd. Llody seems like a good buy low guy after a couple lack luster games, and now that Hernandez is out, he should see a lot more looks.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

LaFell could have a huge day. I'd lean towards Amendola as #2 right now unless you get good Maclin news closer to kickoff.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by therushishere View Post
    LaFell could have a huge day. I'd lean towards Amendola as #2 right now unless you get good Maclin news closer to kickoff.
    hmm I don't see it. Prince Amukama is making his debut most likely against him, too.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    hmm I don't see it. Prince Amukama is making his debut most likely against him, too.
    Overrated.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

What are your options now since you missed out on them?

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    What are your options now since you missed out on them?
    Not good. I have Boldin on my bench. WR's I can pick up on waivers is Donnie Avery, Collie, Mike Williams (TB), Andre Hawkins, Randy Moss, and Jacoby Jones.

I'm thinking about going with Collie if he plays, or Avery if Collie sits out. Still really mad I missed out on Amendola and LaFell. Right now I'm trying to make a deal with a Hernandez owner. Just offered Celek and Maclin for Jordy Nelson. If he doesn't like that I may try to do some type of package for Lloyd.

Here's my lineup (10-team standard scoring):

QB: Peyton
    RB1: DMC
    RB2: DeMarco Murray
    WR1: Marshall
    WR2: Maclin
    FLEX: Alfred Morris
    TE: Gates
    BNCH: Benson, Boldin, LeShoure, Fred Jackson, Celek

I don't mind Maclin sitting because my opponent has Vick this week. But I really wish I had a viable back up. I really didn't expect such bad production from Boldin and Blackmon (already dropped him). I love Maclin, but he seems to always be hurt. I remember a little while back when he wasn't participating in training camp because he thought he had cancer.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

From your FA list, I like Hawkins the best actually going forward. Good luck going forward.

Speedy88

Thanks, the more I look at that FA list, the more I hate it. If Maclin is unable to go, i'll probably just roll the dice with Boldin. Still not sold on NE's defense, and Boldin seems to play fairly well at home. As much as everyone loves Torrey Smith, Boldin still see's a lot of looks in the redzone.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i like boldin in this spot too, but im surprised mike williams is still a free agent in your league. i drafted him, havent started him yet (although my WRs are m. austin/m. wallace/b. marshall) but he has scored both weeks...wouldnt play him this week though as dallas has been shutting down the pass

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Start Lafell.