newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Trade Opinions - C Johnson for B Lloyd

Someone is offering Brandon Lloyd for my Chris Johnson. Looks pretty good at a glance, except I already have a lot of WRs and am hurting at RB. But does losing Johnson really make things any worse?

Format is 3 x WR, 2 x RB, one W/T flex and one W/R flex. 10 team league.

I have:
    WR
    AJ Green
    B Marshall
    Torrey Smith
    L Moore
    Denarius Moore
    J Kerley

RB
    C Johnson
    B Tate
    A Morris
    M Turner

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why would you even do that trade? your depth at RB blows compared to the depth at WR..B.Lloyd is no better than your third options at starting WR whether it's Torrey Smith or Denarious Moore or even Lance Moore.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i agree...im a frustrated cj owner myself AND a bigtime pats fan and i dont even make that trade...it doesnt help ur team enough, im getting offers of benjarvus/alfred morris for cj, i think u can do better

GamblerSpirit

dudekid,Lawfirm and Alfred Morris for CJ is a bargain. Capitalize at this point if you're willing to trade him.

newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Good points.

I just got another strange offer: J Charles & P Hillis for C Johnson. Need a crystal ball to make a decision on that one.

And I agree on taking the Green-Ellis and A Morris trade.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

thanks for the input, i did take the trade...i had to throw in martellus bennett but i got him off FA a while back and i have tony gonz at TE anyway so no big loss...the ONLY caveat is that i traded him to my opponent this week

all chris johnson owners should now probably hold onto him since he is obviously going to burn me for 100 yds and 2 scores

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    thanks for the input, i did take the trade...i had to throw in martellus bennett but i got him off FA a while back and i have tony gonz at TE anyway so no big loss...the ONLY caveat is that i traded him to my opponent this week

all chris johnson owners should now probably hold onto him since he is obviously going to burn me for 100 yds and 2 scores
    I hope you're right bc you're not the first person to have traded him this week and already saying he's going to go off. C'mon CJ do it for your granny, may she rest in peace

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I took cj second in a draft based on hasselback quarterbacking the titans once I heard hurt locker was qb, I knew I was doomed drafting cj.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

i know, i always play devils advocate...its tough trading your first rounder away but i really do think its gonna help my team in the long run, i think benjarvus will break 1000 yds and hoping for 10 tds since he is the goal line back...and the man literally NEVER fumbles...and who knows maybe alfred morris can be last years demarco murray, as long as shanahan doesnt screw me lol

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Really can't believe CJ this year, you think he has to pick it up!