NFL News

Packers wr greg jennings
It's Tuesday, we're heading into just the second week of the NFL regular season, and we're a little more than 48 hours away from its first kickoff. Great news for us fans; bad news for banged-up players who have very little time to heal. This week, Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings and running back James Starks are fighting against the clock. Jennings has a groin injury, Starks is still dealing with turf toe, and both missed practice on Tuesday.

No one in Tennessee or in the fantasy football world can be encouraged by Chris Johnson 's 2012 debut: 11 carries, 4 yards. Forty-seven receiving yards kind of saved Johnson's day, but on Monday, head coach Mike Munchak was already faced with questions about whether he has considered benching Johnson or giving some of his work to another back. Munchak dismissed those queries by saying, "I think we'll roll with who we have."
Munchak blamed Johnson's meager ground total on some poor decisions by quarterback Jake Locker. But he also said something that sounded very familiar to Johnson's 2011 fantasy owners: He's looking to break the big play too often.
"Early he was, again, looking for a bigger run than was there instead of taking the 4 or 5 (yards) that are there," Munchak said of Johnson. "The cutback and the big one may come later if he gets more touches."

Cardinals quarterback John Skelton was diagnosed with a low ankle sprain on Monday. But a source has told ProFootballTalk.com that Skelton is expected to miss as much time as most players with high ankle sprains. The source told PFT that Skelton is expected to miss two-to-four weeks. If the timetable is correct, Kevin Kolb will start against the Patriots and Eagles, at least. He may also start games versus the Dolphins and Rams.

There is a decent chance that the Jets will be without their best defensive player Sunday against the Steelers. Cornerback Darrelle Revis suffered what is being termed a mild concussion in Week 1. Revis will have to pass baseline testing and be cleared by a team and independant doctor in order to play. Head coach Rex Ryan wouldn't make any determinations Monday.
"He seems to be feeling good, but whatever those test scores are, apparently that's low," Ryan said of Revis. "I'll lean on the doctors and trainers. We'll see how he progresses during the week."

Sunday wasn't a productive debut for Browns running back Trent Richardson, but the good news is that he made it out of the loss to the Eagles without sustaining further damage to his twice-scoped knee.
"[Richardson] looked like a guy just back to me, but he was competing out there," head coach Pat Shurmur said. "He probably played 10 or 12 more plays than I wanted him to. But he's doing great today, and he pulled out of it OK."
Richardson was on the field for 43 of the Browns' 62 offensive snaps.