ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Fantasy football monday news and injury reports

The MRI on Bills RB Fred Jackson's right knee did NOT provide an "exact timetable for return" but CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes Jackson is expected to miss 4- weeks in a "best case scenario."

F-Jax sprained his LCL at the very least, and the Bills don't know the full extent of the damage yet. CJ Spiller filled in nicely in Jackson's absence producing a career-high 169 rushing yards and a TD on 14 carries with 2receptions for 14yards. Expect Spiller to carry the full three-down back work-load next week against the Chiefs. If available on your leagues waivers, go snag Spiller as the exact length of Jackson's absence is still unclear.

The Falcons have placed CB Brent Grimes on injured reserve with an Achilles' injury, ending his season.

David nelson torn acl and out for the year.

NBC announced this morning that the Broncos’ victory over the Steelers on Sunday night, in Manning’s first game back after a year off, yielded an overnight rating of 18.0, which is the highest rating for any prime time regular-season game ever on NBC. The previous best was a 17.7 rating for the 2010 kickoff game, which was an NFC Championship Game rematch between the Super Bowl champion Saints and Brett Favre’s Vikings.

Huge rating numbers are perfect evidence of Manning's stardom but also a reminder to just as much we all love the NFL!

ttwarrior1

Patriots franchise WR Wes Welker played on just 43-of-67 snaps in Sunday's win over the Titans.

Tight Ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez played all 67 snaps and newly acquired WR Brandon Lloyd was in for 57. Meanwhile, WR/RB Julian Edelman rotated into the slot often, stealing 23 snaps from Welker.

ESPN Boston's Top beat writer Mike Reiss says "it makes one wonder if it's the potential beginning of a less Welker-centric attack." Last year, the slot machine played 89.2 percent of the total snaps and saw 10.7 targets per game. On Sunday, he had just 3 receptions on only 5 targets. Welker is playing on a 1-year contract after the Patriots declined to give him a long-term deal this offseason.

Welker should rebound in Week 2 against the Cardinals, but this was not a promising start for Welker entering a new system with addition of OC Josh McDaniels as well as WR Brandon Lloyd. Have to keep Welker active heading into Week 2 vs Arizona, I just hope Brady looks Welker's way a few more times next week.

ttwarrior1

Titans and FF-101 Week 1 Sleeper WR Nate Washington sustained a leg injury during Sunday's loss to the Patriots.

Washington went down on the same play that QB Jake Locker hurt his shoulder. He was allowed to talk to the media after the game, a sign that his injury is not serious. We should know more after Mike Munchak speaks to the media later today (Monday 9-10)

Coach Leslie Frazier says he realized this summer that he needs to find a way to keep WR Percy Harvin on the field more.

Playing time was often an issue for Harvin last season as the Vikings strangely coddled him. During the subsequent Senior Bowl and Draft Combine, Frazier said opposing coaches repeatedly approached him to say how difficult Harvin is to defend. "As I heard that, I made a note to myself," Frazier said.

Harvin played on 47-of-59 snaps against the Jaguars on Week 1, recording 11 touches for 104 yards (6rec 84yards on 8targets with 2rush attempts for 20yards) The Vikings even gave him a carry inside the redzone (didnt convert it) but if he can remain healthy he could be in for a very solid year. Keep Harvin active rolling into Week 2 @ Indy.

DeAngelo Williams status update : "Wow tough crowd! We didn't win today but we will get better! I also want to apologize to the fans (and my fantasy owners) because we didn't play well enough to win this game and Tampa did"

I apologize as well to everyone, in who I suggested Williams to start. On to next week!

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

so brutal, i got 96+ points (nate kaeding going tonight) but my RB1 was chris johnson, RB2 was fred jackson, FLEX was deangelo williams.......5 points combined for the 3 starting solid/stud RBs...now im gonna lose even with a great effort from the rest of my team