veeds1690
    veeds1690's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Always confused in this spot: WR Help

In my matchup for week 1, I'm trying to decide on which 2 WR's are the best option, but then this situation happens, and I NEVER know if I play it right or wrong.

I have Brandon Lloyd, and I'm facing Brady. Is it dumb to bench him just for that reason, or smart because of my points nearly get negated by Brady? (Non-PPR btw)

My other receivers I can play are Maclin, Decker, T. Young. I'm super high on Young this year and love his matchup week 1.

Any thoughts on what I should be doing here? I've been doing fantasy for years now and for some reason I never have this figured out.

Sidenote: Right now have Rashad Jennings in the flex, w/ Gerhart on the bench. If that makes any advice easier.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

personally, i like the trio of lloyd, maclin, decker....but if you are really sold on young, and yes, he will be playing against a possibly terrible pats secondary (they did make a bunch of defensive adjustments) then i would probably sit decker....

to me, lloyd is your best WR by far out of that group and you will start him every week, ESPECIALLY with TB throwing to him in a josh mcdaniels offense....

maclin is one of vicks favorite targets, and more specifically, one of vicks favorite ENDZONE targets which is huge...

kind of a tossup between decker and young, you like the run and shoot offense for the titans, but how good is jake locker really? and decker has peyton throwing to him, which can be great, or can be bad if peyton isnt his usual self...and they got the steelers D matchup....so in your case, sold on young, against the pats, i'd say sit decker

veeds1690

Titus Young plays for Detroit who is home against STL this weekend. I think that I'm actually going to go with Decker over Young just because I like how he's looked this pre-season with Manning. Still am not 100% sold on this whole Lloyd situation I don't think.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

oh shoot my mistake i totally mixed him up with someone else on the titans, but you are right young is still solid, and still has a weak matchup (against the rams) and a much better qb than locker going to him...only problem is he is the #2 maybe #3 or so option on that team (obviously megatron, pettigrew is good, burleson solid as well) but yeah decker looked good and peyton loves throwing to white boys lol

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

In your situation I usually just roll with it unless you are really deep at WR's and have someone else really good to fill in for Lloyd.

Lloyd gets more points per yard than Brady if they connect for a pass, as well as more points for a TD depending on your league settings. Brady will get a lot of points whether or not you have one of his WR's starting on your team, so you might as well start Brady's #1 WR and essentially take those points away from Brady.

So I would keep Lloyd in. Think of it this way: If you bench Lloyd, you are starting a worse WR than you could have had playing, and you add another target for Brady that hurts you if they connect for a pass.

veeds1690

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    In your situation I usually just roll with it unless you are really deep at WR's and have someone else really good to fill in for Lloyd.

Lloyd gets more points per yard than Brady if they connect for a pass, as well as more points for a TD depending on your league settings. Brady will get a lot of points whether or not you have one of his WR's starting on your team, so you might as well start Brady's #1 WR and essentially take those points away from Brady.

So I would keep Lloyd in. Think of it this way: If you bench Lloyd, you are starting a worse WR than you could have had playing, and you add another target for Brady that hurts you if they connect for a pass.
    Well versed opinion, I like it. I think I'll play Lloyd and Decker this week.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Personally, I play my best receivers without even regarding the other guys QB, because your goal should be to maximize your own score. This is especially true if TD pass is only 4 points and/or if total points overall are meaningful in your league (playoff tiebreaker, points bonuses, etc...)

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Play your best players regardless of your opponents QB.