ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Fantasy Football Injury Reports and News

Any member feel free to post if you have updates on injuries or when anyone heals up

Texans WR Andre Johnson is no longer healthy

Johnson was forced to leave Sunday's practice early and was taken off on a golf cart due to a right groin muscle injury. Head coach Gary Kubiak said he's "not too concerned" about it and that Johnson was pulled from practice as a precaution. After practice, as he was being taken off the field, Johnson told reporters that he doesn't know how bad the injury is.
    "I'm going to get it checked out," he said.
    This comes just two days after Johnson declared himself fully healthy, prepared to prove his doubters wrong, and ready to return to his All-Pro form of a few years ago.

Fantasy Analysis:

Johnson might miss just a day or three, but you know that's not the story here. Johnson played through a lot of pain for almost all of the 2010 season because of an ankle injury. Then 2011 arrived, and both of his hamstrings gave way. He underwent a knee scope in May and now this. Johnson's talent and upside is just as big as the red flag affixed to his draft stock.

Houston Chronicle

ttwarrior1

Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw feels better than ever

It's not worth recapping all of the troubles that Ahmad Bradshaw has had with his feet during his pro career. Let's just say he's had a lot. During the offseason, he received an injection in his right foot with the hopes that it would help generate new bone. Apparently, it worked. Bradshaw said Friday that "this year, I feel great more than any year I've played in the NFL. ... That procedure made me so much better. Running-wise, I'm just light on my feet right now."

Fantasy Analysis:

Fine. But it's July, and this is Ahmad Bradshaw we're talking about. He has made it through a full season just once in five seasons. And in many of the games he has played in, he gutted it out with damaged feet. Don't expect this comfortable period to last for Bradshaw. There's a reason why the Giants spent a first-round pick on a running back in April. FFToolbox has ranked Bradshaw as the No. 15 RB. With all of his injury concerns, I think that's about right, because Bradshaw gets a pretty steady workload of about 20 touches when healthy.

Newark-Star

ttwarrior1

Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles: 'I've got my swag back'

It was just the first day, but Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamal Charles made it through Friday's training camp practice and seemed pleased with how it went, to say the least.
    "I feel I've got my swag back," Charles said. "My legs feel fresh. I've been out from football for (10 months) so it feels real good to be out on the field again."
    Charles is coming back from an ACL tear in September. He's looking to re-gain his 2010 form when he gained more than 1,900 yards from scrimmage on 275 touches.

Fantasy Analysis:

If Charles' knee is as good as he says, his main concern is now Peyton Hillis against whom he's competing for playing time. Hillis should take all of the goal-line touches, but Charles at 100 percent should claim the lion's share of the backfield touches just based on his game-breaking ability and versatility. Charles is correctly ranked as the No. 10 RB, according to FFToolbox. But if the Chiefs run it as often as they would like, Charles will have top-5 upside.

kansas city star

ttwarrior1

Eagles WR Riley Cooper fractures collarbone

The Philadelphia Eagles are going to be without wide receiver Riley Cooper until at least the start of the regular season. That's because the third-year pro suffered a fractured left collarbone during Saturday's practice. The incident occurred when Cooper went up for a deep pass and came down hard.
    "I think it's a bump in the road," Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said. "[Cooper will] recover from it. He's had a good offseason and because he's had that offseason he's gotten a lot of reps ... and gotten stronger and got more knowledge of our system and that will benefit him when he's ready to come back."
    Cooper caught 16 passes for 315 yards whille playing in all 16 games last season

No official timetable has been set for Cooper, but he's probably going to be out for six weeks.
    Cooper had a few nice games in the middle of last season while Jeremy Maclin was out of the lineup. But with Maclin healthy, and DeSean Jackson seemingly ready to act more like a winner than a whiner this year, Cooper is an afterthought for fantasy owners. Sixth-round rookie Marvin McNutt now looks to have the inside track on becoming the Eagles' No. 4 WR behind Jason Avant.

Philadelphia Daily News

ttwarrior1

Steelers WR Mike Wallace 'not available for trade'

Pittsburgh Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert told ESPN correspondent Ed Werder that wide receiver Mike Wallace was "not available for trade." The unsigned restricted free agent is holding out for a better deal and reportedly turned down a five-year, $50 million contract in hopes of tapping the Steelers for money.

Fantasy Analysis:

Since Wallace isn't available for trade, it may not sound like it, but what this should tell fans is that the Steelers are committed to working something out with Wallace. Pittsburgh has already re-signed No. 2 WR Antonio Brown with a five-year, $42 million deal. It may come as a surprise, but Brown actually had over 2,000 yards from scrimmage last season since he is the team's primary kick and punt returner. Wallace is a one trick pony as the Steelers best deep threat, but he is one of the best in the league at that skill.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

theres sites for injuries for each team

ttwarrior1

duh, but still needs to be put on sbr

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-23-15 at 03:42 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

good stuff TTwarrior

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

taking the job seriously. good job

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

what do you think about Brandon Lloyd this year

ttwarrior1

don't like him and home everyone drafts him, brady will go to welker and his tight ends all day before llloyd, so draft him so i can win. wouldn't touch him

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

MJD holding out. Thats gotta hurt his value in fantasy leagues. Ill be staying away from him. Guy probably wont miss any regular season games though.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Good info