jillmark
    Update your status
    jillmark's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5121

college football week one

Here is my final record in college football during the regular season last year. Bowls not included.

Best Bets (18-15)(+4.50 units)
    Strong Plays (15-16)(-5.20 units)
    Regular Plays (30-22)(+5.80 units)

Overall (63-53)(+5.10 units)

Here is what I did during the bowl season.

Best Bets (4-1)(+8.70 units)
    Strong Plays (3-3)(-0.60 units)
    Regular Plays (12-8)(+3.20 units)

Overall (19-12)(+11.30 units)

As you can see, I did not get rich last season, but I did come out ahead of the game, so no complaints from me.

Here is a breakdown of my plays………

Best Bets are three unit plays.
    Strong plays are two unit plays.
    Regular plays are one unit plays

I try not to have more than two best bets per week. Once in a great while I might have three but not too often. Same with strong plays. I will generally with a full schedule play somewhere around 8-10 plays per week. Enough about the past…..it really means nothing. Only now counts. Here we go.

Best Bets (0-0)(even)
    Strong Plays (0-0)(even)
    Regular Plays (0-0)(even)

Overall (0-0)(even)

Thursday, August 28th

Vanderbilt +4 vs Miami-Ohio (strong play)…………….This line is strange, that is for sure and from what I have read there are many people on Miami-Ohio in this one. Usually when you get a small name school giving points to a major conference, that small named school is as good as gold. I myself am usually on Miami in a game with a line like this, but something tells me to go the other way here. I love this line being more than 3. I think if Miami is lucky enough to win, it will be by a field goal and nothing more. Miami-Ohio is also not a top tier team in the MAC this year and even though Vandy is at the bottom of the SEC, it is still the SEC. It will be a struggle, but I think Vandy’s overall talent will win when it is all said and done. Should be a great, close game decided in the fourth quarter. Love the four points.

I will add to this as the week goes on. I just wanted to lock in Vandy at 4. Something tells me by game time this line could be 3.5 or even 3.

jillmark
    Update your status

Troy -6 vs M Tennessee St (regular play)………….It is so hard to pick early in the year sometimes. Sometimes gut instinct is the way to go early on. I have been reading as much as I can on forums to get more information rather than picks and from what I have read Troy is hands down the better team here. I think the only reason this line is this low is because of it being at MTS. Troy is a no name team who is better than many think. They destroyed them last year 45-7. I don’t expect it to be that easy, but winning by seven or more looks pretty good to me.

Friday, August 29th

Rice -3.5 vs SMU (strong play)…………………A couple of lousy teams last year facing off in the opener this year. SMU only 1-11 last year and now they are only a 3.5 point dog on the road…I don’t think so. Rice won last year in a shootout at SMU 43-42. Both teams have their QB back, both have seven defensive starters back and Rice has three more offensive starters back the SMU. My gut tells me there is value with Rice at home.

Army +7 vs Temple (regular play)…………Again, a couple of sucky teams playing each other. I know Temple has their entire team back and thanks to magazines and the internet, the world knows that and everybody is expecting big improvement from the Owls. Could happen, but I am not ready to lay seven points on the road with them just yet. Army beat them last year, so if nothing else they should have some confidence.

Saturday, August 30th

Memphis +7.5 vs Mississippi (regular play)………….I am pretty sure Mississippi is the better team this year, but these two tend to play tight games. Memphis was the much better team last year and both teams have basically the same amount of starters coming back. Ole Miss is supposed to come back strong this year after a disappointing year last season. They will be better, but don’t expect them to dominate. Ole Miss gets the win, but Memphis gets the cover in this one.

W Michigan +14 vs Nebraska (regular play)…………This line is only this high because it is Nebraska. I might be completely off on this game and the Cornhuskers might destroy them, but I don’t think so. W Michigan is tougher than most realize and will play them close. Nebraska is going to have to rely on its defense I think and I feel they will be semi-conservative when they have the ball. W Michigan will get some big plays and score enough to cover this generous line.

W Kentucky +20.5 vs Indiana (regular play)……………….Another game where the line is high because of a Big 10 school playing at home. This game reminds me a lot of the above game, so I won’t repeat myself. Too many points here. This line should be 10-14 and no more. I will grab them.

Michigan -3.5 vs Utah (regular play)………….I am only taking this because nobody is giving Michigan a chance to win this game. I know they are down and will struggle, but come on. How many times do we get a undefeated team from Utah’s conference and they lose their bowl game. Michigan either wins this game outright and proves they are better than people think they will be OR they really do suck and will get killed on the home field. I am just going against the majority of the bettors here.

I was so tempted to make my strong plays best bets and some of my regular plays strong plays, but it is always scary this first week and in case I get off to a bad start, I don’t want to drop too much money and dig a hole for myself. Therefore, only two strong plays and the rest just regular plays.

I will be back sometime Saturday if I have any plays for Sunday. Good Luck Everybody. Lets get this season started off on the right foot.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think michigan covers as well they still have the better athletes and everybody is banking on them not being able to stop the spread (i.e. the appalachian state upset) Utah is a good team but Brian Johnson's mobility isnt what it was before the injury imo.

SoonerBS
    SoonerBS's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Troy, Vanderbilt and Rice with you, jillmark. Good luck!

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

gl this season!

WT.

porterkid69
    porterkid69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4392

SMU is starting a freshman (Mitchell) at QB. Willis demoted to 3rd string to start season. GL

jillmark
    Update your status

I won my only two strong plays of the week, so I am happy with that and have some confidence going headed into next weekend.

I am 1-1 on my regular plays with 4 others pending today. Feels great to have college football back.